More rains expected next week in Thailand

webfact

More rains expected next week in Thailand

BANGKOK, 4 July 2014 (NNT) – More rains are expected next week as a monsoon covering parts of Thailand is gaining strength.

The Meteorological Department reported that during July 7-8, the southwestern monsoon prevailing over the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand will intensify, bringing more rains in the eastern and southern region.

Most parts of Thailand will experience storms ranging from slight drizzles to heavy downpour. Strong winds will generate up to 2 meter high waves.

Bangkok and its vicinity will likely experience thunder showers in most parts with average temperatures hovering around 33-36 degree Celsius.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-07-04 footer_n.gif

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep... we know. It's called the rainy season. Don't you Thais know this yet? Expect it until September... piece of little advice for free.

I predict rains for July August and September-lessening in October and even less for November-becoming cooler December January February, warming up March with a little rain at the end of April.

Plenty of water available for April water festival.

Does this qualify me for work in the Met office.???thumbsup.gif

No it doesn't,

you never predicted no tsunami's forecast in the gulf of Thailand, and that seas levels will not increase in the gulf due to melting polar ice caps as Thailand is too far away

Jinjag don't pay any attention to Soutpeel and his polar cap nonsense. We are told by the experts (someone out of town with a briefcase) that global warming, global cooling, El Nino, sun spots, imminent ice age, a meteorite big as Texas, climate change is going to be the death of us all. Can you tell us when the ocean will rise enough and Issan will disappear just like Atlantis did? How much time do I have left?

Edited by Pimay1

When is it supposed to start raining in Chiang Mai? Getting a bit tired of the wife bitching at me for letting the plants die.

Bitch back, and tell her that the green long plastic pipes that fix onto a tap, then to turn the tap on and point the pipe in the direction of the plants.cheesy.gif

Yep... we know. It's called the rainy season. Don't you Thais know this yet? Expect it until September... piece of little advice for free.

more free advice it depends where you live in Thailand as to when you get your rainey season. Just about starting in Samui in September.

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/Ko-Samui-weather-averages/Surat-Thani/TH.aspx

Edited by marstons

I predict rains for July August and September-lessening in October and even less for November-becoming cooler December January February, warming up March with a little rain at the end of April.

No it doesn't,

you never predicted no tsunami's forecast in the gulf of Thailand, and that seas levels will not increase in the gulf due to melting polar ice caps as Thailand is too far away

If you gather all the boats Thailand has and line them up, give an order to start motors, you can push the water towards the coast creating a mini tsunami.

( I remembered to pick the brains of the ministry who said you could do this on the river in BKK to drive the water out to the gulf) cheesy.gif

When is it supposed to start raining in Chiang Mai? Getting a bit tired of the wife bitching at me for letting the plants die.

Do you want to buy a hose pipe?

Could save your marriage!

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

No it doesn't,

Jinjag don't pay any attention to Soutpeel and his polar cap nonsense. We are told by the experts (someone out of town with a briefcase) that global warming, global cooling, El Nino, sun spots, imminent ice age, a meteorite big as Texas, climate change is going to be the death of us all. Can you tell us when the ocean will rise enough and Issan will disappear just like Atlantis did? How much time do I have left?

I predict --your doctor needs to see you urgently.cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Bitch back, and tell her that the green long plastic pipes that fix onto a tap, then to turn the tap on and point the pipe in the direction of the plants.cheesy.gif

Or slap her round the head and tell her do not question her lord and master, as he has paid good money for her ? Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

But I must admit than in Europe everyone is acting surprised in autumn when the first snow fails, like it is complete unexpected

• Like 1

There is only on thing worse than a pregnant women bitching. Dragging around a house and watering plants. Come on rainy seasonthumbsup.gif.

This is amazing, just for my predictions I got an urgent message from TAT offering me a top post there.cheesy.gif

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

Maybe you should let her hear this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxtd5Hj0yxo&feature=kp

Thanks for the advice and video Forest, I think I will just drag out the hose. Pregnant women can be so moody. She put me in charge of naming the baby, as well. Easy right? Why would anybody bitch about the name,BUTCH? I would not even consider that name if it was gonna be a girl.

Yeah, barely a drop in Chiang Mai, I got so excited about the last 'Rain coming' story - but nothing happened!

Yeah, barely a drop in Chiang Mai, I got so excited about the last 'Rain coming' story - but nothing happened!

Yeh it looks like it could pour rain anytime, Dark clouds, even a bit of thunder and lightning. But hardly a drop. Just a few sprinkles, just enough to get windshield dirty.

A bigger piece of advice, it hasn't happened thus far, don't farangs know this yet:

Rain nearly every day here. Sometimes heavy, sometimes not.

But I must admit than in Europe everyone is acting surprised in autumn when the first snow fails, like it is complete unexpected

Except that rainy season usually start in May- June time frame and it is now July. If it hasn't happened, it will.

Yeh it looks like it could pour rain anytime, Dark clouds, even a bit of thunder and lightning. But hardly a drop. Just a few sprinkles, just enough to get windshield dirty.

It will come soon and it will last longer than you want it to.