Nissan Opens New Plant In Thailand

BBJ

Plant will produce NP300 Navara, Nissan’s new generation pickup

DPP_0013.jpg

NISSAN OPENS NEW PLANT IN THAILAND Plant will produce NP300 Navara, Nissan’s new generation pickup DPP_0013.jpgBANGKOK, Thailand (July 3rd, 2014) : Nissan today announced the opening of its second production plant in Thailand.The new plant will be a production hub for the NP300 Navara, Nissan’s new generation pickup truck, destined for export to 45 countries around the world. Thailand is a key market for Nissan, an integral part of their growth strategy in Asia. The country now boasts two plants and an R&D facility, and is increasing in importance as the company’s Asian hub for exports and manufacturing. Nissan has invested 3.7 billion Thai Baht in the 580,000 square meter facility, bringing with it 2,000 new job opportunities. Full production capacity is expected to reach 150,000 units per annum.

(I hope Nissan's service will improve over the annoying run-around my wife and I had today trying to buy a car)

As this is a thread about Nissan can anyone tell me whether the X trail advertised on the Thai Nissan web site is the new version available in Europe? It got quite reasonable reviews and was considered an improvement over the old version.

http://www.nissan.co.th/en/Vehicles/X-Trail.aspx

That is the old one.. Word on the street is a 7 seater of the new one come October here..

this is the new one.http://automotivenice.com/nissan/2014-nissan-x-trail-release-in-frankfurt-motor-show.html

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by bkkjames

love the Thai promo picture...with the proud owner driving on the wrong side of the road

He has just finished overtaking the fully ladden bus that is overtaking the truck as they come up the hill. Normal occurrence for a pick up to be crossed over the double yellow lines and be on the wrong side of the road. He, however, should be flashing his high-beam to warn those on the correct side of the road to get out of his way.

Edited by xen

Jim will be there at the Unavailing.biggrin.png

Nope, although I should be on their VIP list sadly not the case.. Even the spam SMS i get from them is in Thai.

Going to head out to the Fast Motor Show today at Bitec and give the new truck a good looking over cause that's all I can afford :). Will keep an eye out for other interesting vehicles around. Wife has told me to not look to much at the pretties....suspect she will make me shower immediately upon my return.