Is there a site with sale history for apartment buildings?

Would be a great resource to be able to find the sale history for condos in a each apartment block, would give a good way to find out what prices should be and when you are finding a bargain, and also for sellers when they are selling to let them know what they can get, wondering if any sites offer this info at the moment?

and I understood the tax was payable on the land office valuation irrespective of the sales/purchase price

The Land Office has that information.

The Land Office knows the price that it thinks was paid and on which it calculated the tax due, but that's all. The real price could have been anything.

Yes, The Land Office has that information. Is it available to the general public, no and it almost certainly never will be, not in my life time or yours.

Thant information from the land office will not reflect the actual price paid for said property

as vendor/buyer will fudge the figures in order to pay less fees...

and I understood the tax was payable on the land office valuation irrespective of the sales/purchase price

The tax should be charged at the Land Office valuation price or the real sale price if this is higher. But I doubt that many people go out of their way to declare a sale price higher than the valuation price, for obvious reasons.

Even if the sale is under the valuation price the tax will be calculated on the valuation price, and for these two reasons the figures recorded by the Land Office are not representative of real prices paid.

The tax should be charged at the Land Office valuation price or the real sale price if this is higher. But I doubt that many people go out of their way to declare a sale price higher than the valuation price, for obvious reasons.

Even if the sale is under the valuation price the tax will be calculated on the valuation price, and for these two reasons the figures recorded by the Land Office are not representative of real prices paid.

I sold a piece of land last year and declared the actual price for reasons not relevant.

I had been led to believe that the tax paid is based on the higher of the declared value and the land office valuation.

Even though the declred value was about 50% higher than the LO valuation, the tax was calculated on the valuation.

So the only reason to declare a lesser amount than the actual maybe in order to reduce ones income tax liability.

There is a site that is purporting to do this. I believe it is in its very early stages, about a year old, and is trying to build up data.

Here is the link......http://www.hipflat.co.th/en

Regarding the Pattaya entries, I don't see any bargains in there, seems like just a listing format for new condos.

None of the new entry level stuff is there either.

Hipflat is pretty good, it is asking prices though, which are almost useless. I suppose you can just take off 10 to 20 percent of its figures? It is hard to gauge how much the average asking price will be from the actual selling price.

This was my understanding of the tax deal here, and this does make sense considering all things Thai too:

Purchase below the land offices price, and the tax paid will be based on the land offices figure

Purchase above the land office price, and the tax paid will be based on that reported figure. Go figure.

I sold a piece of land last year and declared the actual price for reasons not relevant.

I had been led to believe that the tax paid is based on the higher of the declared value and the land office valuation.

Even though the declared value was about 50% higher than the LO valuation, the tax was calculated on the valuation.

Interesting. I certainly wasn't aware that they did that and it's hard to see why they do.