Licence to open a kindergarten?

MaEK

Hi,

I'm planning to open a nordic kindergarten and would like to know if I need any licence to open it? What are the requirements to teach in a kindergarten?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

TIT and in most cases, folks jump into business and deal with the paperwork/requirements/etc. thereafter. If you own the school and have a work permit, you should be focusing on gaining customers first.

• Like 1

You may wish to contact the minister of education about this. You will find its not as easy as you may be hoping, but not impossible.

Every region has an education office. They will be more than happy to explain laws and regulations but take a translator as English skills can be a little weak.

Punishments for running an unregistered school are prison or a fine or prison and a fine.

Edited by Loaded
  • Like 1

I wanted to contribute to this thread, but I'm not sure if kindergartens are part of formal or non-formal education.

Yes the first stop should be your local ministry of education office.

If they classify this as formal education do not even think about opening the school until you have been given permission. If this is classified as non-formal education, and that includes things like English schools, Hairdressing schools, driving schools and the like, it's not a big deal to open the school and then begin working on the documentation. In fact, many ministry of education offices will instruct you to do just that--determine if the school is liable before going to the trouble of registering it.

But go visit them first. I know of a few International K through 6 schools in Pattaya that did not register, the schools were closed and the owners arrested.

• Like 1

Like many things it depends where you are located...

Middle of a city and high profile? Or rural setting and good standing in the community?

At the end of the day, I suspect your levels of safety and child care will be as good, if not better than the local expectations.

Good luck

• Like 1

I'm planning to open a nordic kindergarten and would like to know if I need any licence to open it?

Of course you would, these are young children you plan to 'educate'.

What are the requirements to teach in a kindergarten?

Mate, how long have you been here?

Thanks for answering my questions.

I am aware of the safety issues.

My plan is to open in 6-9 months maybe a year. I am asking my questions here to be well prepared. I guess most of the people here work with education. I really appreciate all your answers.

Lostmebike I am well aware of what the purpose with a kindergartens is, but my question here is about the paperwork and the regulation.

I'm in Sweden right now and will be moving to Thailand in a month.

Thanks for answering my questions.

I am aware of the safety issues.

My plan is to open in 6-9 months maybe a year. I am asking my questions here to be well prepared. I guess most of the people here work with education. I really appreciate all your answers.

Lostmebike I am well aware of what the purpose with a kindergartens is, but my question here is about the paperwork and the regulation.

I'm in Sweden right now and will be moving to Thailand in a month.

Okay so you are not in Thailand.

The minimum requirements for teaching here is a bachelors degree in any subject (with preference to education degrees) to qualify for the teacher's license and B Visa should you need one.

Requirements/licenses for owning a school .. I really think advice should be sort from governmental sources rather than asking here. You maybe pointed in the right direction but ultimately with have to deal with the Thai authorities. Government departments such as the Education Ministry and Ministry of Labour should I guess be consulted, maybe others too.

Good luck with your en devours and be sure to let us know how you get on.

• Like 1

One of my Ex. girlfriends used to work for the Fr. Ray Foundation and when she eventually left the job I remember her telling me that she was given a license to open her own facility for child minding if she so wished to go down that road.

• Like 1

You can Google national education act Thailand .private education act. Informal informal education act. They will tell you most of what you need to know. If you are providing evaluation that can be used to continue learning in another school, you must be fully registered. but if u open as a playcenter you come under the informal act. You can get a licence at the local office automatically after an inspection as long as u have less than 50students. If u have more than 50 they will evaluate on case by case basis. Though this license does not cover or help with workpermit or anything. That is a whole other issue. The regulations for informal learning is only in thai language so u might need some help with that.

• Like 1