Rights commissioner asks deputy police chief to find Billy

webfact

MISSING BILLY
Rights commissioner asks deputy police chief to find Billy

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Niran Pitakwatchara, a member of the National Human Rights Commission, yesterday called for help from national police deputy chief Pol General Aek Angsananont over the disappearance of Karen activist Pollachee "Billy" Rakchongcharoen on April 17.

Aek accepted the petition and said it was not known whether Billy was still alive. Police had looked into the case and sought evidence and eyewitnesses. Aek said Niran had presented a new account in his filing.

Forest rangers, who last saw Billy when they pulled over his motorcycle at a checkpoint near Kaeng Krachan National Park in Phetchaburi, had claimed that Billy was carrying a small quantity of wild honey, probably in violation of park regulations, but actually it was 35 kilograms, which was in contrast with the volume stated in the rangers' reports.

The inaccuracy has been reported to the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission for criminal investigation into the alleged malfeasance.

Aek said another clue from Niran was images of rangers' conduct recorded by Billy on his cell phone.

He asked Niran for a seven-day period for the initial investigation.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Rights-commissioner-asks-deputy-police-chief-to-fi-30237980.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-07-08

...After having waited for months?!? I'm disgusted.

One TV article back then hinted at the one high ranking suspect wouldn't even do time of found guilty.

Commit murder - and keep your rank and pension?!? (No one was found guilty by a court of law, but this made me wonder...)

Cui bono? Who benefits?

There was a lawsuit raging...

OT: Any update on the years old case of an American professor who prepaid for a luxury home and all he ever got was a hole in the ground? On some island. Drive by contract killing. He had been suing a developer. Real tough case, huh?

While today a news story from the dailymail online has been blocked by the powers that be, about, wait for it, an elephant... 555 way get your priorities right

Edited by kmj

...After having waited for months?!? I'm disgusted.

One TV article back then hinted at the one high ranking suspect wouldn't even do time of found guilty.

Commit murder - and keep your rank and pension?!? (No one was found guilty by a court of law, but this made me wonder...)

Cui bono? Who benefits?

There was a lawsuit raging...

OT: Any update on the years old case of an American professor who prepaid for a luxury home and all he ever got was a hole in the ground? On some island. Drive by contract killing. He had been suing a developer. Real tough case, huh?

Off topic, but was it the guy in Hua Hin had an dispute with his developer and was shot up pretty bad....? No outcome yet to my knowledge.