Honda CBR250R 2012 Idle issue

ja99

Not to derail the thread ,my cbr250 battery is on its way out ,Just been quoted 2200 baht for a new one .Seems rather pricey anyone purchased a new battery for there bike and if so how much ? .Cheers

2200 is that from a Honda dealer?  I paid 1500 hundred for mine from a local bike shop

Yes that was from a honda dealership.Went to to a local shop this morning picked one up for 750 baht included installation and a coke .

• Like 2

As an update,  I went back to the shop and ran the issue buy the dude who runs the place. The only prior mod to the bike has been altering the muffler to get a better sound and in doing so, the sensor has been removed, apparently. Also likely the catalytic converter not operating. He seemed to think this is the cause of and is now on the hunt for a replacement used standard muffler. I am not  a fan of the muffler shape  and would prefer a kevlar look, tho that will set me back minimum 10,000 baht, which i am not in the mood to spend..

I guess I will get shot down for not mentioning the pipe mod up front, ah well,

smile.png

HA HA   NOW you tell us about the pipe !!!  Assasins are on the way.  At least it got our brains working , as we batted a number of ideas around. Can the sensor be re-fitted , and "fooled" into thinking everything is standard ?.

As an update,  I went back to the shop and ran the issue buy the dude who runs the place. The only prior mod to the bike has been altering the muffler to get a better sound and in doing so, the sensor has been removed, apparently. Also likely the catalytic converter not operating. He seemed to think this is the cause of and is now on the hunt for a replacement used standard muffler. I am not  a fan of the muffler shape  and would prefer a kevlar look, tho that will set me back minimum 10,000 baht, which i am not in the mood to spend..
smile.png

Check out Brian at Sumetcycle. I think he had one or 2 original systems. Also you can find full replacement stainless / carbon systems for 6-8k.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app Edited by casualbiker

HA HA   NOW you tell us about the pipe !!!  Assasins are on the way.  At least it got our brains working , as we batted a number of ideas around. Can the sensor be re-fitted , and "fooled" into thinking everything is standard ?.

On the other hand, I suppose a lot of people change the muffler and remove the sensor without the idle being affected? To be frank, I thought the only the baffle had been changed as the exhaust look standard from the outside. Also visited 2 Honda shops and they both came back with a 10K baht quote for a stock replacement.

smile.png

Check out Brian at Sumetcycle. I think he had one or 2 original systems. Also you can find full replacement stainless / carbon systems for 6-8k.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks, price seems right for the replacement steel/carbon, tho the indie bike shop next to Big Honda in Phuket showed me a stainless and a shorter matt-black paint 'X-Chave' unit with baffles, both @ 4,900. There isn't a lot of info on the web about this brand, and having not heard either, I backed off. And then theres the sensor to be sorted?

• 1 month later...

you can get an aftermarket ECU with O2 sensor bung and air filter for 10 k and use the stock pipe or can get one of those 4000 thb pipes.

I swapped the pipe over for a kevlar slipon, no ecu, O2 or anything and the bike now seems to idle better, perhaps the mod to the original wasnt the best.