Certificate of Residency questions

Genericnic

I will be selling one bike and buying another. Can I get by with one CoR or do I need two? I don't mind getting two but no need if one will suffice.

Also, the original lease that I have for my condo has expired and we are doing month to month. Have been doing that for over 2 years. Do I need to get a new lease or can the old one be paired with something like my post-paid 3BB or True Move bills to show I still live there?

Thanks

David

• 3 weeks later...

I rocked up to my local Immigration office the other day to obtain a new CoR (Driver's licence renewal - they wouldn't recognise my old CoR.)

Anyway Immigration said they would have to get it from Chiangmai, it would take a week and it would cost 1000B.

Last time it was free and was done in 5 mins there and then.

Is this normal now? (or a scam?)

I rocked up to my local Immigration office the other day to obtain a new CoR (Driver's licence renewal - they wouldn't recognise my old CoR.)

Anyway Immigration said they would have to get it from Chiangmai, it would take a week and it would cost 1000B.

Last time it was free and was done in 5 mins there and then.

Is this normal now? (or a scam?)

here is a TV link with cost/free and location info.

Thanks vagabond48. I do recall your original post re location etc in CM.

I wonder why the cost to me was 1000B? Because I'm up-country and the request has to be transported to and from CM?? Tea money?

Another mystery in the LoS, C'est la vie!