Economy Class Bangkok Accomodation?

My Thai wife and I have a few days business at the Australian Embassy, etc and are looking for a guest house room or small apartment near a BTS station, such as Asoke. We do not need a luxury tourist hotel as we only need it to sleep, shower and go again early each morning, and we are well used to living "Thai style.". Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated, - Richard

At this time of year, there are several smaller hotels on Nana Soi 4 that are from B700-1000 per night. Less than that is tough to find.

-Happy Inn on the right side of Soi-4, about 1 KM down.

-Several small hotels on the left-hand side Soi opposite the 7/11 about 300 meters down soi 4. (Checkers-The Tavern on the corner)

-Woraburi Hotel, about 1 1/2 KM down Soi-4 on Right.

-If you go down Suk. Soi 6 from under the Nana BTS, at the end, go right, then 1st left: The Orchid G.H.

I probably don't have to tell you that the Nana area is rather lively at night.

At this time of year, there are several smaller hotels on Nana Soi 4 that are from B700-1000 per night. Less than that is tough to find.

-Happy Inn on the right side of Soi-4, about 1 KM down.

-Several small hotels on the left-hand side Soi opposite the 7/11 about 300 meters down soi 4. (Checkers-The Tavern on the corner)

-Woraburi Hotel, about 1 1/2 KM down Soi-4 on Right.

-If you go down Suk. Soi 6 from under the Nana BTS, at the end, go right, then 1st left: The Orchid G.H.

I probably don't have to tell you that the Nana area is rather lively at night.

Woraburti is good for the money and, being so far down the soi, it feels like "out of town". They have a tuk tuk to take you to Sukhumvit proper.

Thanks for your input Guys, - I had a serious rethink and decided on the Nasa Vegas Hotel near Ekumai at BT.550 per night and just get up a bit earlier. The 2.3-Mansions at Asoke were good value, the Majestic Suites or Bangkok Lodgings were closer to the city centre (and BTS) plus the Shama Sukhumvit Seviced Apartments were looking good for longer term stayers. Once again, - Thanks for your advice, - Richard