So, Does Your Darling Know All Your Income $$$ Amount?

Depends if she is your wife or girlfriend? My Thai wife of 40 years knows everything and has full access.

Fair enough, after putting up with you for forty years she deserves it....just joking mate. Good on you. 40 years...wow!!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darling or wife?

My wife knows full well the state of my bank accounts and has ATM cards for all. She also works and has her own accounts. Which I have no access to. Although I am pretty sure her accounts don't match mine.

She has access and you dont. No surprise there. TIT

That's not uncommon here, even amongst married Thai's, the man is the income generator and the provider.

Information is power, and money is power. Knowing when to keep your mouth shut is valuable behavior. Maybe you darling is trustworthy, but what about relatives, friends etc who may use all their wiles and tricks to somehow weasel out the figure, then manipulate her to start working on you. Keep the cat in the bag.

• Like 2

She doesn't ask ... I don't tell.

We are smart enough for that.

She gets what she needs ... as distinct from what she wants ... another smart move.

She asked for a Payrise recently, explained why ... action ... granted.

I could not be happier ... biggrin.png

What an awful way to treat one's partner. I wonder what you would say if you were treated this way!

I wouldn't put up with it. Marriage to me involves trust and sharing of everything. I would be very hurt if my wife was keeping her income hidden from me and she would obviously feel the same.

As the Dalai Lama said, the meaning of life is to help others and if you can't do that, don't hurt them.

Gus that hide things and treat their wives as servants generally don't stay married for more than 5/10 years unless the guy is handing it out willy nilly.

My wife gives me her Atm cards if I am broke and I give her mine if she is.

• Like 1

That is probably quite wise to keep the amounts of offshore accounts private. I am honest about my monthly income. I tell my Thai wife that if she wishes to keep this lavish income each month then she should keep me healthy. I will keep enough in a Thai bank to renew my thai retirement Visa but that is a mere pittance.

My thai wife knows she will receive nothing when I die. I pay her monthly for a house mortgage and I spend enough each month to improve her lifestyle and properties. This is my LIFE INSURANCE. She owns enough properties that she should be OK when I go. She made out OK before I arrived and she will make out OK after I am gone. I think buying local health insurance would likely be a wise move. A Thai friend receives full medical coverage and 1000 Baht a day while in hospital.

• Like 1

She doesn't ask ... I don't tell.

We are smart enough for that.

She gets what she needs ... as distinct from what she wants ... another smart move.

She asked for a Payrise recently, explained why ... action ... granted.

I could not be happier ... biggrin.png

What an awful way to treat one's partner. I wonder what you would say if you were treated this way!

What do you find 'aweful' about this?

You don't know me ... you don't know my partner.

• Like 1

My wife knows I make more way more than I put in our Thai account. It's my job to make sure we have money when I retire and can live a lifestyle comparable to what we have now.

And, Neeranam I haven't been broke in many, many, many years. Truth is I've forgotten what broke is.

I think most Thai-ladies don't care (do not understand how it works with business, equity, retirement pensions etc. etc.) as long as money flow is enough...

May be a good idea not to reveal all (always be worth more alive than dead)...

• Like 1

My wife knows I make more way more than I put in our Thai account. It's my job to make sure we have money when I retire and can live a lifestyle comparable to what we have now.

And, Neeranam I haven't been broke in many, many, many years. Truth is I've forgotten what broke is.

It's up to me to put away for my retirement too and my wife understands this although seems to think she and my children can take care of me financially.

If my wife asks me how much I earn, personally I couldn't lie about it, although I can understand someone doing so if the relationship is still young and they don't know each other well or have a problem communicating.

Being broke is when you have no money and I am often broke due to the high variance of my job, having teenage children, mortgage etc.

One thing that I have forgotten though is "fear of financial insecurity" - when I was working in Aberdeen in 1990 as a contract condition monitoring engineer getting crazy money I suffered from this. Some of my old friends are still working there and could have retired years ago but I think suffer from this. It is strange but fear of financial insecurity has nothing to do with how financially secure I am.

Edited by Neeranam
  • Like 1

My ex-wife and I never fully disclosed our individual financial situations to each other.

I can see no reason to disclose my financial situation to a thai gf... note to self, ALWAYS keep quiet about money.

Edited by Nowisee
  • Like 2

"As the Dalai Lama said, the meaning of life is to help others and if you can't do that, don't hurt them."

None of the posters sounded like they aren't helping their darling, and none sound like they are hurting them. How does not telling them your net worth hurt them? It may help them to not know so don't get relatives et al in money chase using her as go between like I posted earlier. The Buddha said to practice "merciless compassion".

• Like 1

What, tell her everything and take away the surprise when I die.

I don't ask her how much she has in her accounts and I don't really care, I am however happy that she does have accounts and saves as opposed to just spending it all.

• Like 1

As one other poster stated - Why bother her pretty mind with all that.

Anyone who has gone through a divorce knows it's best to error on the side of caution.

I went through a divorce (in Canada) and it was fair. When we met we were poor ass students, when we divorced, we had quite a lot of things to split, and everything was split in half. Each of us could have tried to rip each other off, but we just split everything in half without much lawyers' involvement.

My new wife knows everything about my assets and the money I make, and why not? We trust each other and take care of each other.

In reply to one of the comments, then his wife asked for a raise... what sort of relationship is that? Rent-a-wife type of relationship?

It's easy being honest if all you have is a Social Security check deposited monthly.

I'll bet most guys who are still getting better than average paychecks working offshore don't tell all.

I do.

Anyone who has gone through a divorce knows it's best to error on the side of caution.

I went through a divorce (in Canada) and it was fair. When we met we were poor ass students, when we divorced, we had quite a lot of things to split, and everything was split in half. Each of us could have tried to rip each other off, but we just split everything in half without much lawyers' involvement.

My new wife knows everything about my assets and the money I make, and why not? We trust each other and take care of each other.

In reply to one of the comments, then his wife asked for a raise... what sort of relationship is that? Rent-a-wife type of relationship?

then his wife asked for a raise... what sort of relationship is that? Rent-a-wife type of relationship? That is what is called "HUMOR" which many times is lost upon many on here.

• Like 1

Dude, she asked for more money for family expenses, not an increase in an effin' salary! I would expect my wife likely to use similar wording if the monthly allotment wasn't covering the expenses. It's not like he's paying for a live-in hooker (check his avatar for a reality check). Some do. It's the ho-made food they're craving for.... whistling.gif

I guess they know now that you guys are hiding your money. smile.png

I should say they know now you guys are hiding their money.

No not all all, she is too busy washing dishes, scrubbing floors, and cleaning the cars to use the internet. Besides that if I do not disclose my bank info do you think I would tell her anything about Thai Visa?tongue.png

• Like 1

I never used to be honest but I find the older I get that honesty is a virtue that is very important in my wellbeing.

I did not say anything about not being honest, I said I don't give all the details.

So you do not trust her....? Maybe you have your reasons. But she might look for somebody else hopefully who will be more honest than you, old man...!

I never used to be honest but I find the older I get that honesty is a virtue that is very important in my wellbeing.

I have always in life held honesty in high regard. It has brought me not much. In fact, it has backfired on a way i never thought possible. This has brought me to my trueself. In order to undo all the wrongs related to my life i have come to the conclusion......i must become dishonest.....well.....i just cant. My bad.

• Like 1

I did not say anything about not being honest, I said I don't give all the details.

So you do not trust her....? Maybe you have your reasons. But she might look for somebody else hopefully who will be more honest than you, old man...!

You can do better than that, try it one more time with a little imagination this time.

• Like 1

Yes ,she knows my pin numbers and all my bank details , she has a British bank account and in the case of my death can transfer everything to her account. why not ,?

Holy smoke perhaps you are in big danger. wink.png