Thailand and You - is it Home to you?

David48

Thailand and You - is it Home to you?  

226 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

^^ to be really honest ... I get so bored of the Trolls here.

Tired of the paid posters.

I really see this place as a Family.

Many ... most guys here are OK

I can never write the 'Bar Girl did me wrong' thread ... I've never experienced that.

I'm just happy plugging along, and where the opportunity arises, meeting a few of the guys here, have a beer, swap a few stories etc.

I do believe that most members are good ... just with some, you have to dig a little deeper with some ... laugh.png

Thailand has been so kind to me.

Amazing lady, wonderfull boys, supportive Thai Family, a few nice Thai friends.

A game changer for me.

But it's still the members here which offer up the most potential.

If I could open their eyes, close their wallets, engage their minds, have some fun, embrace what Thailand has to offer

... I would consider my work here done.

Damm ... I left a few beers in the freezer ... time to rescue them ... biggrin.png

OH ... the PC BS we experience in the West leaves me cold. Damm it ... have some fun ... you will feel a younger man for it.

EDIT ... mate, not you Neeranam ... we posted at the same time.

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that really you David? or has the CIA hacked your account again?

My home is Thailand but I presently live in exile. Its a long story, I wont bore you with the detail.

Yep ... it's me.

Sometimes left field, sometimes mainstream, now and for ever a Father ... facepalm.gif

A father?

Recetnly I heard others referring to you as a 'mother' !

Now im really confused ;)

• Like 1

I have been living ion Thailand full time since 2001 and working here on and off for 8 years before that.

I married my Thai lady back in 2000 and our son was born in Nakhon Sawan 10 years ago next month just about the time we were finishing the house build.

In my 70 years I have lived and worked in 38 countries and apart from gowing up as a boy in the UK these 10 years in this house are the longest I have ever lived anywhere.

As far as I am concerned Thailand is my home and if they want to get rid of me they will have to drag me kicking and screaming to the plane. If they do that I might just die on them out of spite.

billd766 ... I wish you well ...

might be my home but doesnt mean i have to "love" Thai people or culture.............just to put a downer on things tongue.png

Many Westerners profess to "love" Thailand; however, I see little evidence of the Thais returning their affections :clap2:clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

I have been living ion Thailand full time since 2001 and working here on and off for 8 years before that.

I married my Thai lady back in 2000 and our son was born in Nakhon Sawan 10 years ago next month just about the time we were finishing the house build.

In my 70 years I have lived and worked in 38 countries and apart from gowing up as a boy in the UK these 10 years in this house are the longest I have ever lived anywhere.

As far as I am concerned Thailand is my home and if they want to get rid of me they will have to drag me kicking and screaming to the plane. If they do that I might just die on them out of spite.

billd766 ... I wish you well ...

The other problem with being old and retired is I know that I will die someday.

I am trying to fit it into my planning scheme but as far as I can work it out I don't have a time slot available for the next 20 years or so.

It can sneak up on me unexpectedly and I may be caught out otherwise call me back in another 20 years time and I will see if I can slot it in somewhere.

I have too much of life left to live yet.

• Like 1

I'm pensioner and Thailand is my home 6 month a year (1.Nov.- 1. May) My friends in Denmark often say or write on FB: "Have a nice Holiday" and I tell them it is notlike Holiday. I live in Thailand for 6 month and behave close to my dayly life in Denmark in summertime.

When I stay in Thailand I am not longing for DK and when I'm back in Denmark (Summer) not longing for Thailand.

We're all in here......sold everything we had in the US.....but maintain the majority of our savings in US financial institutions. Although we're prepared to be spread out in the Mekong someday, we've always had a plan B in our hip pocket.

Our only daughter's husband....34 years old.....found out he has lymphoma......may have spread.....and may cause my wife and I to pull out that red card in our hip pocket, if only for a year or two or three or who knows.

Interesting thread

I now consider Thailand as my home- it may be because I spent 6 months ripping out everything out of my condo- even though as usual was sold ' fully furnished ' the BF's uncle came with two pick ups and took everything away- which was great.

The place is mine, everything designed to my specifications and is very pleasant.

Perhaps if you have not built your own house or own a condo, a rented place is not home- ( why is it that rented places always have plastic sofas? )

Still have an apartment in London, which I could sell within days- but due to the totally bonkers property market in London is going up £50,000 a year ( hope there is not a crash)

So you never know- might go back one day- but no longer see the UK as home

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

My home is Thailand but I presently live in exile. Its a long story, I wont bore you with the detail.

wow.....another exile member.....i'd like to hear the details....please tell.

I'd like Thailand to be my home, but every year I get nervous -- is this the year they deny my extension for some inexplicable reason? So I keep a refuge in the US, too.

Your right, we are not welcome here, though we take care of Thai folk, especially abandoned kids. Really crazy stuff. ............sad.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It's top secret.

"Home is where the heart is", no doubt many farang have heard the quote (Pliny the Elder). So, for me it is currently Thailand with plans to stay. That said, as an American, I do have some requirements for freedom. Thus far, OK and as I have posted previously being well cared for by Thai wife. If the right wing nationalists drive out the faring, well there are other places to hang my hats.

How can it be home when you cannot as a foreigner have your own home here? It is home to my kids though - of a sort - but not the same sort as a home would be were I Thai. But then ?I suppose it all depends on your definition. If it's wherever I lay my hat and coat, that may from time to time be the toilet cubicle form time to time, so I prefer a more long lasting and emotional attachment to my definition.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

if you think you own a home be aware that you own it only temporarily. you lose it once they take you to the crematorium or the graveyard.

• Like 1

It's top secret.

I pisssed in the pickles and got caught with my hand in the cookie jar young Josh. But I can come home whenever I want ;)

• Like 1

I basically live full-time in Thailand but have assets in the West and might return one day

i hope to return one day as a lightweight in a container like this one:

remembrance_bronze_urn.jpg

I must say naam, the last time I seen something like that was in a naughty movie and the young lady concerned had it inserted in her bottom :P

• Like 1

Cast my vote and now some tunes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4jYNZbEPX0

I always will remember well the day we went away,
Sailing out of Dublin in the morning,
Our hopes were on tomorrow as we kissed the girls
farewell,
And our dreams were on the day of our returning.

Chorus:
There'll be dancin', romancin', and never more we'll
roam,
There'll be rollin' in the hay, there'll be whiskey in
the tay when the boys come rolling home.

We safely reached the other side in New York City fair;
In spite of wind and rain and stormy weather,
We all sat down and drank a glass, and wished each
other well,
And we said that we'd be going back together.

Now Del went up to Boston, and Sam to Buffalo,
And Joe went down as far as California;
I used to get some letters then, but that was long ago;
And they always spoke of Ireland and returning.

Well, I'm well over eighty now, my grandson's by my
bed;
And here I'm in Chicago and still dreaming;
He says he'll take me back again to rest my weary head;
And I'll leave him a legacy of dreaming.

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 2

It's top secret.
I pisssed in the pickles and got caught with my hand in the cookie jar young Josh. But I can come home whenever I want ;)

I was wondering why my pickles were a bit tangy

It's top secret.

I was wondering why my pickles were a bit tangy