US prepared to broker Gaza ceasefire, says Obama

webfact

Well if they keep on electing Hamas type groups they will continue to live in a prison. Which them begs the question do the Palestinians really want peace?

They clearly want peace just as soon as they scare away and kill all the Jews in Israel. Then they can find some different flavor of Muslims to want to scare and away and kill. Like their Muslim neighbors. Like the world doesn't seem to care about. Only for some mysterious reason when JEWS have a conflict with Muslims does the world seem to care. Muslims vs. Muslims ... never mind!

I think this explains it! From the Jerusalem Post

That is an insult by JP, nearly all Western reporting agencies have pulled out of Syria due to the deliberate killing of journalists

WRONG. It shows perfectly that for Arab to kill Arab, the world doesn't blink. But when Israel kill a few Palestinians the world goes crazy. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if they keep on electing Hamas type groups they will continue to live in a prison. Which them begs the question do the Palestinians really want peace?

They clearly want peace just as soon as they scare away and kill all the Jews in Israel. Then they can find some different flavor of Muslims to want to scare and away and kill. Like their Muslim neighbors. Like the world doesn't seem to care about. Only for some mysterious reason when JEWS have a conflict with Muslims does the world seem to care. Muslims vs. Muslims ... never mind!

JT, in a number of posts you have acknowledged there are wrongs on posts sides on the conflict. My take is many hold Israel to a higher degree of responsibility due to its self proclaimed status as a  democratic state and military professionalism; that is normally accepted. With the significant, so called collateral damage, of civilian deaths and injuries it does raise many questions. We can all go around and around on this matter, but to me personally it is not a proportional response by Israel. What's the Hamas membership of the armed wing, 25K? Yet figures released by Mier Amit indicate around 300 militants killed out of the roughly 1200 killed to date. So far relatively low numbers of militants killed, for goodness sake stop attacking densely populated urban targets.

Concerning your comment on Muslim vs Muslim killings. You are right, sadly the democratic world generally doesn't give a damn, unless there is a possibilty of affecting regional Western strategic interests.

What's the Hamas membership of the armed wing, 25K? Yet figures released by Mier Amit indicate around 300 militants killed out of the roughly 1200 killed to date. So far relatively low numbers of militants killed, for goodness sake stop attacking densely populated urban targets.

Don't you think it odd that Hamas only seem to be interested in giving numbers of dead civilians, they haven't admitted any losses of their military wing! Also it is estimated by the IDF that 80% of those killed are in fact Hamas terrorists. 

That is an insult by JP, nearly all Western reporting agencies have pulled out of Syria due to the deliberate killing of journalists

WRONG. It shows perfectly that for Arab to kill Arab, the world doesn't blink. But when Israel kill a few Palestinians the world goes crazy. 

Post removed to allow response:

I wouldn't describe 1300 Palestinian dead in three weeks a "few". However, OK I do get your view. Still think. its was an unfortunate cartoon as so many journalists have been murdered whilst covering the Syrian civil war.

I wouldn't describe 1300 Palestinian dead in three weeks a "few". However, OK I do get your view. Still think. its was an unfortunate cartoon as so many journalists have been murdered whilst covering the Syrian civil war.

It was not about the number of journalists killed. It is about it being OK in the worlds eyed for Arab to Kill Arab, but when an Israeli kills a Arab terrorist there is uproar.

How many of you pro Palestinians have been equally vociferous about what is happening in Syria? 

Edited by ggold

It was not about the number of journalists killed. It is about it being OK in the worlds eyed for Arab to Kill Arab, but when an Israeli kills a Arab terrorist there is uproar.

How many of you pro Palestinians have been equally vociferous about what is happening in Syria?

Again post removed to enable post:

Obviously don't get my point - no matter...

Off topic:

Look to topics on Syria, I have made a number of posts decrying the awful actions by all parties, including the original actions by the Assad dictaorship that has led to this disaster.

Edited by simple1

This as disgusting as saying, "when a jew kills a jew, the world does not blink, but when the Nazis killed a few  askenszi jews, the world went crazy".  What a stupid comment

• Like 1

Again post removed to enable post:

Obviously don't get my point - no matter...

Off topic:

Look to topics on Syria, I have made a number of posts decrying the awful actions by all parties, including the original actions by the Assad dictaorship that has led to this disaster.

Surely if  journalists goes into a war zone, he/she must accept the possibility of being hurt or killed.  It is their choice is it not.

This as disgusting as saying, "when a jew kills a jew, the world does not blink, but when the Nazis killed a few  askenszi jews, the world went crazy".  What a stupid comment

What a stupid comment.

• Like 1

JT, in a number of posts you have acknowledged there are wrongs on posts sides on the conflict. My take is many hold Israel to a higher degree of responsibility due to its self proclaimed status as a  democratic state and military professionalism; that is normally accepted. With the significant, so called collateral damage, of civilian deaths and injuries it does raise many questions. We can all go around and around on this matter, but to me personally it is not a proportional response by Israel. What's the Hamas membership of the armed wing, 25K? Yet figures released by Mier Amit indicate around 300 militants killed out of the roughly 1200 killed to date. So far relatively low numbers of militants killed, for goodness sake stop attacking densely populated urban targets.

Concerning your comment on Muslim vs Muslim killings. You are right, sadly the democratic world generally doesn't give a damn, unless there is a possibilty of affecting regional Western strategic interests.

What's the Hamas membership of the armed wing, 25K? Yet figures released by Mier Amit indicate around 300 militants killed out of the roughly 1200 killed to date. So far relatively low numbers of militants killed, for goodness sake stop attacking densely populated urban targets.

Don't you think it odd that Hamas only seem to be interested in giving numbers of dead civilians, they haven't admitted any losses of their military wing! Also it is estimated by the IDF that 80% of those killed are in fact Hamas terrorists. 

Think you will accept all sides of the conflict use propaganda. I mentioned 'The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center' as hopefully most will view them as a knowledgeable and acceptable source.

An Israeli media opinion on the Meir Amit casuality analysis:

The Meir Amit Intelligence and Information Center found, on July 23, that 775 people had been killed in Gaza, of whom 229 were militants or terrorists (135 Hamas, 60 Islamic Jihad, 34 from other terror organizations); 267 were civilians; and 279 could not yet be classified

http://www.timesofisrael.com/when-numbers-in-gaza-masquerade-as-fact/

Anyone interested in Meir Amit go to URL below:

Intro:

The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC) opened in 2002. It is part of the Israel Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center (IICC), a national site dedicated to the memory of fallen of the Israeli intelligence community. The ITIC is located near Gelilot, north of Tel Aviv, and is directed by (Col. Ret.) Dr. Reuven Erlich. The objective of the ITIC is to collect, study and disseminate information about terrorism.

http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/

Edited by simple1

Think you will accept all sides of the conflict use propaganda. I mentioned 'The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center' as hopefully most will view them as a knowledgeable and acceptable source.

The Meir Amit Intelligence and Information Center found, on July 23, that 775 people had been killed in Gaza, of whom 229 were militants or terrorists (135 Hamas, 60 Islamic Jihad, 34 from other terror organizations); 267 were civilians; and 279 could not yet be classified

Intro:

The Meir Amit Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center (ITIC) opened in 2002. It is part of the Israel Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center (IICC), a national site dedicated to the memory of fallen of the Israeli intelligence community. The ITIC is located near Gelilot, north of Tel Aviv, and is directed by (Col. Ret.) Dr. Reuven Erlich. The objective of the ITIC is to collect, study and disseminate information about terrorism.

OK from the same link    http://www.terrorism-info.org.il/en/article/20687

Methodological Notes 6.   These deficiencies, in our opinion, are not accidental but are part of Hamas’s policy of concealment and deception (see below), shared by the Hamas-controlled Health Ministry in the Gaza Strip. Hamas’s policy is designed to create an image of a large number of civilians who were killed, to strengthen the image that Israel is carrying out a “massacre” of civilians and to create an ostensibly factual infrastructure for a political, propaganda and legal campaign against Israel during Operation Protective Edge

Israel deserves to be in the spotlight.

They call the IDF "the most moral army in the world". They get more US taxpayer dollars than other country in the world. 

Spotlight engage!

• Like 1

The west gave up on Syria because all the players are bad. They have learned from Afghanistan that the heroic anti Russian of yesterday is the anti western fanatic of today, and don't wish to repeat the same mistake.

Israel deserves to be in the spotlight.

They call the IDF "the most moral army in the world". They get more US taxpayer dollars than other country in the world. 

Spotlight engage!

I saw an interview on tv where the israeli said that the IDF should be given the Nobel Peace Prize- what a moron!

• Like 1

Intro:

Methodological Notes 6.   These deficiencies, in our opinion, are not accidental but are part of Hamas’s policy of concealment and deception (see below), shared by the Hamas-controlled Health Ministry in the Gaza Strip. Hamas’s policy is designed to create an image of a large number of civilians who were killed, to strengthen the image that Israel is carrying out a “massacre” of civilians and to create an ostensibly factual infrastructure for a political, propaganda and legal campaign against Israel during Operation Protective Edge

Propaganda or not, the Palestinians are winning the media war. When a British UN official says that the IDF is basically murdering Palestinian children, the israelis have a problem.

So long as the media keep showing young dead and injured children, the israelis are on a hiding to nothing.

Showing israelis running to bomb shelters and telling us that 3 israeli citizens have died garners no sympathy against pictures of completely devastated residential areas and mothers weeping for  their dead infants.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Intro:

Posts removed to permit response.

Yes, yes I suggest most know this stuff. So you will accept content from this site? Look at the Meir Amit analysis.

<but when an Israeli kills a Arab terrorist there is uproar. >

The uproar is about the IDF killing women and children, not terrorists.

• Like 1

The west gave up on Syria because all the players are bad. They have learned from Afghanistan that the heroic anti Russian of yesterday is the anti western fanatic of today, and don't wish to repeat the same mistake.

what you mean is that the west aren't to sure that the supposed freedom fighters aren't terrorist, and that Russia would veto any attempt to arm them against their man Assad.and that's before you even get on the subject of ISIS or Islamic state. Or the infighting of the various factions fighting Assad.

Yet Obama supports Hamas a terrorist organization.

• Like 1

what you mean is that the west aren't to sure that the supposed freedom fighters aren't terrorist, and that Russia would veto any attempt to arm them against their man Assad.and that's before you even get on the subject of ISIS or Islamic state. Or the infighting of the various factions fighting Assad.

Please stop telling untruths here. Obama has never said he supports Hamas. He wants the IDF to stop killing Palestinian civilians, including women and children, which is not the same thing.

• Like 1

Please stop telling untruths here. Obama has never said he supports Hamas. He wants the IDF to stop killing Palestinian civilians, including women and children, which is not the same thing.

Post removed to allow posting

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Intro:

Posts removed to permit response.

Yes, yes I suggest most know this stuff. So you will accept content from this site? Look at the Meir Amit analysis.

Actually my post is in response to that analysis! It is how they decided on the number and make up of casualties. to prove they are misleading.

Actions speak louder than words. Even democrats are starting to wonder about Obama, and more are coming out in support of Israel than before the mess caused by Kerry and Obama over the last few days. Even the PA have accused Obama of trying to get rid of the PA and PLO with his attempts at involving Turkey and Qatar in Peace negotiations, and not inviting the principal parties to the talks.  ie Egypt the PA and Israel.

Posting the same comment 3 times doesn't maker it true! whistling.gifclap2.gif

ggold wrote,

I suppose we expect higher standards from Israel, because it professes to be a democracy, is one of the closest friends and allies to USA with $3b in aid to boot, is virtually European from many of its Jewish migrants and cultural links with many Israelis holding dual nationality. I have visited Israel and it certainly feels like a developed country. It is just not acting as a civilized one at the moment. 

• Like 1

[quote name="ggold" post="8177797" timestamp="1406792097"][quote name="thaibeachlovers" post="8177725" timestamp="1406791039"] [quote name="ggold" post="8174230" timestamp="1406728300"] [quote name="Jingthing" post="8174155" timestamp="1406727212"] [quote name="ggold" post="8174139" timestamp="1406727022"]Well if they keep on electing Hamas type groups they will continue to live in a prison. Which them begs the question do the Palestinians really want peace?

[/quote]
 [/quote]

[/quote]
 [/quote]

[/quote]
He does indeed, just as he supported the Muslim Brotherhood who spawned Hamas. When Mubarak was stabbed in the back and the MB took over in Egypt the economy fell apart, Coptic Christians were murdered and the Sinai became a free for all for every terrorist group who wanted it. When thankfully Morsi was thrown out Obama threatened to cut off aid to Egypt, which the Saudis promptly offered to make up for. Obama has no leverage with Egypt so will no doubt lean strongly on Israel in order to save Hamas. I suspect Obama will also throw Israel to the wolves at the UN, so time is of the essence to remove Hamas once and for all before Obama can meddle too much.

P.S The US embassy in Tel Aviv have stopped processing tourist visas, but let Saudis in with preferred trusted traveller status.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand
  • Like 1

<but when an Israeli kills a Arab terrorist there is uproar. >

The uproar is about the IDF killing women and children, not terrorists.

Remember there are many posters here who truly believe there are NO INNOCENT GAZANS...

They adopt the same "guilt through election" reasoning that OBL used to justify 9/11.

http://www.theguardi.../24/theobserver

Ulysses G., on 24 Jul 2014 - 19:06, said:

The "victims" started the conflict in the first place, have refused numerous peace deals and elected a terrorist group - Hamas - to represent them There is such a thing as personal responsibility.

ggold wrote,

I suppose we expect higher standards from Israel, because it professes to be a democracy, is one of the closest friends and allies to USA with $3b in aid to boot, is virtually European from many of its Jewish migrants and cultural links with many Israelis holding dual nationality. I have visited Israel and it certainly feels like a developed country. It is just not acting as a civilized one at the moment. 

How civilised does one need to be with terrorists? not at all.

cheesy.gif

The US embassy in Tel Aviv have stopped processing tourist visas, but let Saudis in with preferred trusted traveller status.

Unbelievable.

Yes, the US Embassy in Tel Aviv announced that it had stopped processing tourist visas.

Temporarily.

And it is because of reduced staffing directly related to the current conflict.

It has also temporarily stopped offering American Citizen Services.

http://israel.usembassy.gov/visas.html

Nice attempt to play the victim card, but sometimes the truth just gets in the way.

coffee1.gif

Edited by up-country_sinclair
  • Like 1