Had accident, need temp in-home assistance, where to find?

Guitar God

While trying to avoid a pedestrian who walked in front of me without looking, I dumped my bike and broke my shoulder and injured my leg. My wife can't take off any more work so I'm stuck at home and its difficult to get around to get food, water, icepacks etc.

I don't want to jeopardize my wife's career, and as nice as she is, her calling isn't nursing anyway. She's taken care of me to the best of her abilities but it's stressful and I'd rather pay someone to assist me for a few weeks until I'm mobile again.

How could I find caretakers or temporary assistants in Thailand for situations like this?

You'd think there would be people wanting to make extra cash for simple tasks but neither of us can think of where to find them.

Here hometown is over an hour from where we live and she doesn't know of anyone here who is available or suitable.

Our mae baan helps out but she is here only one day a week and busy working the rest of the week. We haven't found any full time mae baans. Not sure where else to look after we've ask all our friends for recommendations.

Any ideas on where to find a household helper?

I take it nearest hospital is an hour away (not clear in post) as most will have nurse available for part time work. Sometimes MC taxi drivers will be interested in extra work if any of them are in area. Nobody in wife family that can help?

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I could try asking the hospital if they know of anyone but I just need hands and feet and assistance, not necessarily a nurse. Nursing is hard work, I've known many. Not sure how much anyone would like to doubletime that. You never know though.

I'm in Ubon Ratchathani city, hospital is close but her family lives an hour away. Both parents work full time and are busy with planting rice.

Two sisters already helping us out taking care of our business but they're in BKK, another sister also 700 km away working full time.

Cousins and other relatives fully employed or attending college. My wife graduated from U here and has lots of friends but they are all working full time and/or raising children. A lot of people would like to help but aren't available during the day.

What might the term be, maybe I could search? How do you advertise for temp help? Probably be easier in BKK but I am where I am for now.

I'm in Ubon Ratchathani city, hospital is close but her family lives an hour away. Both parents work full time and are busy with planting rice.

OK, so now the forum knows where you are. Hopefully someone will PM you.

I'm nowhere near you so can't help much. Sorry.

Good luck.

Nurse is a low paid job in government hospitals and they can always find someone to cover for them to take time off to care for private patient at a higher pay/but make more money for both that way. They normally have a formal register for such among both nurse and assistants (which is all you need).

But the MC driver might be a better choice to keep marriage on even keel. smile.png

Just make sure that your wife aproves who you get. Often Thai's are bought up to distrust someone from outside their family group coming into their home. Especially one of the same sex however unlikely. Sadly it is their culture and even when people say it does not matter it does.

You have no need of a nurse, but a nurse's aid would work well and if you make inqueries at the nearest government hospital should be easy to find and not expensive. Just go into the OPD area around 3 PM (when things are clearing out) and chat up the staff, or ask for the nursing office (but best if you arrange informally and directly).

Also just put the word out through local shops etc.