Seafood restaurants south along the coast

lemel

Normally go to Preecha at Ban Amphur, good food but will be mobbed this weekend and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good alternative restaurant to try out, prefer to be out of the Pattaya/ Jomtien area.

I like Ton Hat, near the Pinnacle Resort. Great BBQ giant prawns. Right on the beach, with both indoor and shaded outdoor seating. Drive on Suk past Ambassador City. Just past Alakarn, make a u-turn. Look for the Pinnacle Resort sign (green with white letters) that is just opposite Alarkarn. Turn left, and follow the road to the end. Turn right. About 200 meters down, very near the end of the road, is Ton Hat, on your left. Covered parking across the road on your right.

Not the greatest service in the world; and the only "ambiance" is the beautiful ocean view. As I said the main attraction is the good, Thai priced seafood, and that ocean view.

• Like 1

I have been to Preecha twice, and the one immediately North of it about 20 times. Same food, better service and much nicer to sit out over the sea. It seems people go to Preecha in droves because of its reputation alone. Was recommended a place in Bang Saray recently - Ruantalay - certainly looks nice on the web, but not got to go there yet.

Not sure of the spelling, but I think it's Ton Haad that is right near the Pinnacle. Or something like that. We go there from time to time. We like Preecha's better, but like you say, this weekend it will be crazy. On that same street is Drifters, good for pizza and a relaxed setting on the beach. Or Sea Falcon. More European type food, but a nice setting also. Next door to Drifters is an OK restaurant. We've found it to be a bit expensive, but the food was OK.

A bit south is The Glass House. Extremely popular with Thais. I've never been, but some of my friends love it, others say it's too expensive. But it's pretty neat looking and right on the beach. Further south is The View. Great setting, food can be hit and miss. I'm sure it will be packed tonight.

Preecha will be packed, but like others have said, there are quite a few restaurants nearby. We use to eat at the one next door to Preecha. Did so for years. But now prefer Preecha. It shouldn't be nearly as busy though. Many Thais love Preecha because it's where the Princess eats. I've heard she even has her own private bathroom there!

A bit south of Preecha, right where the road curves back towards Suk, and over a bridge, is a large structure that has a huge restaurant in the back. Huge outdoor screen for showing footie. Food is OK, but many tables are out in the open. So if it's during the day, you roast. Or at night, hope it doesn't rain. The setting isn't as nice as the others, but it's OK.

Even further down is Rimpa Lapin. It will be jammed also. It is pretty much every weekend. But a spectacular setting. Worth a visit for sure. Down more is Bang Saray with several restaurants out over the water. I'm sure they will also be busy.

Or, park at the Ambassador, walk to the beach and go right, and you can eat at many places right on the sand. Brush up on your Russian as the menus are all pretty much in that language only. Very basic places, OK setting.

Thanks for that guys, we used to go to one 100 yds south of preecha a few years ago but it closed down and not been back since it changed hands, will definitely try some of these recommendations. Cheers