Suggestion for a mid range hotel near the US Embassy for family

jaideeguy

The 4 of us be going down to BKK to do some business with the US embassy. This will be a budget trip and we'll be taking the bus down with the 2 kids and maybe staying 2 nights. In 13 years in country, I don't know BKK much and would appreciate a decent clean quiet place near the embassy. 2 rooms actually unless it is a decent sized suite that sleeps 4.

Any suggestions?? Don't trust agoda or any of the other on line sharks,as I've found that I mostly get better rates in dealing with the hotels directly.

Not exactly near, but easy to go by sky train : the S33 hotel, in Soi 33. Check with agoda, it's around 1,000 a night. Nice rooms, breakfast not worth the elevator ride...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You might Google the Pinnacle Lumpinee Park Hotel, it is less than 3/4 of a mile from the Embassy on Rama 4 Road. I have stayed there and it is reasonable and clean and they have a nice breakfast. A Superior room with breakfast is under 1,000 baht per night.

Getting to the embassy by Skytrain and/or taxis is pretty easy & cheap, so I don't think you need to confine your search to places within walking distance of the embassy.

You can still do a search for a suitable hotel using Agoda and then compare the price they offer against the price the hotel is offering from its own website.

You probably know this, but just in case you don't, for most things at US Citizen Services (aside from collecting a new passport that they've told you is ready), you need an appointment or an emergency or they won't deal with you.

In order to serve you efficiently, the American Citizen Services unit uses an online appointment system for all non-emergency services including notarials, passport services, and registering a child as a U.S. citizen (Consular Report of Birth Abroad). The appointment system cuts the wait time in our office and allows us to provide you with better service. We continue to provide Emergency Services on an as needed basis, but you must have an appointment for non-emergency services. We are not able to book appointments over the phone. You must use the online system to schedule an appointment with American Citizen Services.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/acsappointment.html

Edited by Suradit69