Bhumjaithai party proposes death penalty for vote buying and selling

webfact

That's nevin's party, the most corrupt of all political parties, whoes the only purpose is getting into ministries and being bribed to switch sides. For joining the abhisit government they were paid up to 50mln per head.

And they had to lock them together into hotel rooms without mobile phones, because Pojaman, wanted to pay them more and they knew themself that when she buy a few out of it the others don't get anything.

Please elaborate. Don't know what Pojaman has to do with it. They were bribed by the coup makers and the Dems. Or do you really think Pojman bribed them so that they can join a government of the Dems?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see life imprisonment for the people who distribute the vote-buying money, and for the others involved in providing the money.

I do actually like the idea of the death sentence for politicians who buy votes in any way. But the country will need a back-up plan in case we have to execute most of the politicians. Alternatively, we just put a big, indelible mark on their foreheads saying: "Corrupt!"

I have another theory, that the people who whinge, whine and moan about the laws in Thailand, and everything/everyone else within it's borders, probably did the same when they were "back 'ome". thumbsup.gif

Personally, the biggest complaint I have is the stench of that giant bamboo cooking, but apart from that everything seems ok. whistling.gif

I think he was probably being sarcastic.....

Absolutely. He is poking fun at some of the ridiculous and rather ludicrous "kiss ass" suggestions that came flying out after the junta assumed power. Notably from the EC and Khun Jaran. They say some of most the bewildering things.

Hopefully the Bhumjaithai party is able to come up with a definition of "vote buying/selling" before the executions begin. This country will be great with 40 million less people. Maybe they could also offer rewards for people to rat out others suspected of vote buying and selling.

Bhumjaithai is lead by Newin Chidchob, who is currently banned from politics due to vote-buying.

So basically, this MP is suggesting that his own boss should receive the death penalty and be executed.

cheesy.gif

Promotion through the death of a senior officer. Sounds like they've been watching the Klingons on ST.

This is no doubt the comments of the Luni fringe. Ok even in the United States and the UK if there is vote buying you go to jail for a year or so but the death penalty?

So why not extend it to "J' walking too since a lot of people j walk here in Thailand. Lets make this crack down a real momentous occasion.

You want to be a representative of the voting public then get real

Edited by realenglish1

cheesy.gif

Well prepare for a mass execution of most politicians.

He's only proposing death penalty for those who sell their votes, so the politicians will languish in prison, while 99 % of Isaan adults will be put up against a wall and shot. I should think there are a few readers here who might be a little concerned, as they regularly boast about their wives selling their votes to the highest bidder for a bit of pocket money. Others (those who moan about their wives and their spending habits), might be rather pleased with the idea and encourage it. smile.png Either way, if ever put into practice, it will certainly be a first rate method of population control. clap2.gif

Actually, it was the populist policies that bought the votes.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You mean a political party presented policies to the electorate, and on that basis won a convincing victory and proceeded to implement those policies as best they could.

That's not vote buying in any sense.It's democracy as practised all over the world.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

That's nevin's party, the most corrupt of all political parties, whoes the only purpose is getting into ministries and being bribed to switch sides. For joining the abhisit government they were paid up to 50mln per head.

I don't know anything about Newin, but such payments are considered normal, although the amounts you are talking about seems high. Years ago I was told that a certain political party paid in tranches, with the last payment only if elected.

On a side note, why do they spell the party's name with a B? is pronounced "P".

And on another side note. Bhumibol Adulyadej is the King of Thailand. He is also known as Rama IX, as he is the ninth monarch of the Chakri Dynasty.

Suvarnabhumi Airport is Bangkok's main airport..

The peculiarities of the Thai language matched only by the peculiarities of the English language.

In order to monitor compliance to such a law, there can be no secret ballot voting. Even North Korea conducts secret ballot voting.

And should not such a law also be extended to the legislative body? If any populist law that gets passed targeting a particular segment of Thai society, death to all ministers that voted for such policy. You know, laws like subsidies for cheaper mass transportation, gasoline, LNG, minimum wages, cheap rice farmer loans, subsidized fertilizers, etc.?

Guess it's up to the Junta to decide. But at least there wouldn't be any additional cost to executions as martial law provides a ready-made venue to deliver sentencing.

You mean a political party presented policies to the electorate, and on that basis won a convincing victory and proceeded to implement those policies as best they could.

That's not vote buying in any sense.It's democracy as practised all over the world.

I agree, it is practiced in some other countries, but it is still vote buying. It's intent is the same, especially if focused at certain geo areas.

So it worked the same way it does in most democracies. The idea that there can be something criminal or morally wrong with being brought to power as a result of so called populist policies just underlines how undeveloped Thailand is politically. How do they think it works?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I agree, it is practiced in some other countries, but it is still vote buying. It's intent is the same, especially if focused at certain geo areas.

It is practised in pretty much ALL other functioning democracies.

Edited by Snig27