Bangkok-based Nok Air awaits new turboprops from Bombardier

webfact

They say mechanics are the worst drivers...

Geeks the worst people to design computers (For use by humans)...

And Plane spotters - the worst for talking about planes!!!!!

GET OUT MORE, PEOPLE !!!

Good idea.....we may see more planes if we are out.smile.png

• Like 1

I think there has only been two fatal accidents involving a Q400, one was the Colgan air which crashed on approach to Buffalo airport in 2009 & the crash was blamed on pilot error perhaps as a result of fatigue. 

Icing and poor pilot training were the major factors although fatigue certainly played a part. The Q400 at that time was very sensitive to icing (may still be) and very specific flying procedures were required for that aircraft in the event of icing situations.

The Pilot and Co-pilot were southern based and had very little cold weather flying experience...they were a substitute crew given very little notice. Neither had received any training for flying the Q400 in icing conditions.

When the aircraft stall warning went off while on approach, the pilot did the opposite of what he was supposed to do. He pulled up on the yoke and only increasing power to 75% instead of putting the nose down with full power to gain airspeed as quickly as possible.  This action was well known to pilots who regularly flew the Q400 in northern conditions but this crew didn't have a clue. Improper flap settings for the situation were also involved.  The plane stalled almost immediately and went into an uncontrollable dive.  All 49 passengers and crew in the plane and one person on the ground died.

After the crash, most airlines shifted their Q400's to southern routes exclusively.

• Like 1

GET OUT MORE, PEOPLE !!!

Hey there Sunshine ... ease up on the Plane Spotters ...  laugh.png

• Like 1

GET OUT MORE, PEOPLE !!!

What about plane "drivers"?

• 3 weeks later...

q400_nextgen01_paris_jpg_26088.jpg

Doubt that is Chiang Rai in the background though ...

My money's on the Canadian Rockies, British Columbia, west of Calgary.biggrin.png

My monies on 2 separate photo's, It's nearly too beautiful for 1.  This is one of the most fantastic photo's I have ever seen. Just the 2 colours-amazing, the perfect bird shape since Concord.

My money's on the Canadian Rockies, British Columbia, west of Calgary.biggrin.png

My monies on 2 separate photo's, It's nearly too beautiful for 1.  This is one of the most fantastic photo's I have ever seen. Just the 2 colours-amazing, the perfect bird shape since Concord.

If you've ever flown over the Rockies in daylight, you would agree that such a picture is very real indeed and not photoshopped.

Here's a selection for your inspection, mere perfection. They don't call it "Beautiful British Columbia" for nothing.

https://www.google.co.th/search?tbs=simg:CAESxAEawQELEKjU2AQaBAgBCAkMCxCwjKcIGjwKOggCEhT9D_18alQ-AG_1oP-hraCpIQwAz-GhogRIeHWte3Y9s7VMx2Eum_1WgI-DtzGg0PnMsDNKV0tnX0MCxCOrv4IGgoKCAgBEgTSOrSoDAsQne3BCRpTCgkKB3ZlaGljbGUKCgoIYWlyY3JhZnQKDgoMZ3VsZnN0cmVhbSB2ChMKEW1vZGUgb2YgdHJhbnNwb3J0ChUKE2ZpeGVkIHdpbmcgYWlyY3JhZnQM&q=bombardier+q400&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-ZbjU4GcCcWjugS13oBg&ved=0CC8Qsw4&biw=1366&bih=583

• Like 1

[attachment=278329:Horizon-Q400-at-STS.jpg][attachment=278330:Q400 Interior.JPG][attachment=278331:Alaska-Air-in-flight-300x164.jpg]

Q400's are a great aircraft. Alaska Airlines/Horizon use them extensively on the US West coast to service the 3rd tier airports. Fast, relatively quiet and pretty decent interior.  

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

If you've ever flown over the Rockies in daylight, you would agree that such a picture is very real indeed and not photoshopped.

Here's a selection for your inspection, mere perfection. They don't call it "Beautiful British Columbia" for nothing.

https://www.google.co.th/search?tbs=simg:CAESxAEawQELEKjU2AQaBAgBCAkMCxCwjKcIGjwKOggCEhT9D_18alQ-AG_1oP-hraCpIQwAz-GhogRIeHWte3Y9s7VMx2Eum_1WgI-DtzGg0PnMsDNKV0tnX0MCxCOrv4IGgoKCAgBEgTSOrSoDAsQne3BCRpTCgkKB3ZlaGljbGUKCgoIYWlyY3JhZnQKDgoMZ3VsZnN0cmVhbSB2ChMKEW1vZGUgb2YgdHJhbnNwb3J0ChUKE2ZpeGVkIHdpbmcgYWlyY3JhZnQM&q=bombardier+q400&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=-ZbjU4GcCcWjugS13oBg&ved=0CC8Qsw4&biw=1366&bih=583

I can assure you that I believed the photo is for real,  because it was too beautiful. breathtaking.   Thanks for the pics.   ginjag.