Some Scb Bank Questions.....

which centrally-located SCB-Branch with english-speaking staff is easy to deal with ? I could go to the HQ to open an account, but RatchaYothin is really very far away from my place.....

and do they have cash-pay-in-machines same as Bangkok Bank ? cause thats a very comfortable thing. after opening an account, when will you get your ATM card ? will they send through mail or will you have to collect it at that particular branch a few days (or weeks?) later ? what about the VISA-card they offer (based on savings only). can you apply for such one immidiately ? and will they ask for a residence-certificate same as Bangkok Bank wants nowadays ?

thanks for any hints and thanks for reading another boring BANKING thread :o

Just today I opened a Siam Commercial Bank account in Nong Hin, Loei province. My other account is in Pattaya and everytime I used the ATM card it cost me 20 baht because it is a different province. I went in and the guy struggled with his very poor English and my poor Thai to ask me if I had changed my address from Pattaya to Loei. I told him my address in Loei and he started pulling out papers. I signed about six different places and twice in the new book. He took out a new ATM card, swiped it through a machine and asked me to enter the PIN that I wanted to use. He filled out all the papers and I was out of there in about 20 minutes with my new account and ATM card. It was quite easy. I have no idea if having another account in Pattaya made any difference. He did make a copy of my US passport.

I have always made my deposits in cash at the teller window so I don't know about any other way except wire transfers. I still use my US Visa card and have not wanted to get a Thai Visa card.

thanks for the comments, but actually I was looking for a BANGKOK branch.... maybe its my mistake cause I didnt make that clear.... after I mentioned the RatchaYothin HQ I thought people will understand that I am looking for another BKK branch.... maibpenrai.....

anyone else knows something ?

thanks for the comments, but actually I was looking for a BANGKOK branch.... maybe its my mistake cause I didnt make that clear.... after I mentioned the RatchaYothin HQ I thought people will understand that I am looking for another BKK branch.... maibpenrai.....

anyone else knows something ?

Unless you don't have a work permit, you will not find an SCB branch that will actually open an account for you. If other posters have another experinence in the past few weeks, please share it, when and where you could open an account without working permit or Non Immigrant visa.