Philippino Super car, Super cheap, I want one..

forgot to mention.....price is $37,000 US ...but I agree ....would love one

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/philippines-homegrown-supercar-lovely-123043365.html

Yes, facepalm.gif I usually put up the link and a quote but I was in a hurry to get to an appointment this morning, Thanks for the link post.. I'd like to get this on a track immediately I can hardly build a 4 banger, street stock for that price..

Nice looking car.. but would you drive it at 186mph with all it's ground-effects aero knowing that it's never seen a wind tunnel? tongue.png

I think I'd be scared at 100kmh if there was a cross-wind - ground effects is great if you get it right, tragic if you get it wrong:

Only 5% import duty from PH to TH wink.png

Edited by IMHO

Philippines looking more and more attractive, not only is are the visa options a lot more easy for under 50's, you can get a fun mid engine car that is not a secondhand MR2 for sensible money

shame the food is horrible and I spent the last few years learning thai :(

Nice looking car.. but would you drive it at 186mph with all it's ground-effects aero knowing that it's never seen a wind tunnel? tongue.png

I think I'd be scared at 100kmh if there was a cross-wind - ground effects is great if you get it right, tragic if you get it wrong:

Hey good to see you IMHO, been a while.. No of course not, not too many places you can even get up to 186 MPH anyway including quite a few race tracks, but easily tested while taking some hot laps, drive cars all the time that haven't been wind tunnel tested, head out to Bira on any given weekend and see all of the "aero" effects on the super cars most of which serve no more purpose than extra weight, aero drag and break away crash padding.

While I know it's somewhat tongue in cheek, since Merc clearly has a wind tunnel and uses it when building their cars, I believe in your vid he was doing a bit faster then 186 and he had help from a bit of a rise at that point of the straight. In fact Mark Webber flipped the same year at the same place it seems the Mercs that year were more like wings than race cars because he did that too, twice in fact at the same place as I recall? Those crashes were especially alarming since it was close to Mercedes return to racing after the tragedy they had when a car flew into the crowd and killed several people back in the day.

Both of these at Lemans, but one is the Petit Lemans at Road Atlanta.

Sweet! On that import duty too..

Here a Porsche doing that on a much shorter straight at Road Atlanta..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8XxQkXCmsU

Edited by WarpSpeed

Philippines looking more and more attractive, not only is are the visa options a lot more easy for under 50's, you can get a fun mid engine car that is not a secondhand MR2 for sensible money

shame the food is horrible and I spent the last few years learning thai sad.png

Well on a positive note many more Filipinos speak English..

Scary.........w00t.gif

That's Peter Dumbreck, have been trying to find Mark Webbers fly over but it seems it was only caught at the end. He did it twice the same year at Le Mans, one in practice before and then again on the race warm up lap.

According to The Manila Times, about 80 percent of the car’s components were sourced from within the Philippines, with the only exceptions being the wheels, brakes, engine, transmission, and a few suspension components. Talk about grassroots engineering.

biggrin.png