True Visions, Service as Usual

oobar

Third week of August, 2013, call UBC/True Visions, request immediate termination of service because moving to Sisaket September 1. Ask for return of deposit and unused portion of present month's subscription. Give Sisaket address to mail refund. Girl on phone says no problem.
Fourth week of August, 2013, call UBC/True Visions, advise no one comes for set-top boxes and customer vacating house shortly. Girl says no one immediately available but will be taken care of. Give Sisaket address again.
Two days before leaving, call UBC/True Visions, advise set-top boxes still on premises. Repeat all information given on first call, give Sisaket address again.
September 1, 2013, leave for Sisaket. Set-top boxes remain. Tell house owner UBC/True Visions person will come for them.
Mid September, 2013, house owner calls, says set-top boxes remain. Call UBC/True Visions, repeat all information given in first call, repeat Sisaket address, give phone number of owner to arrange set-top boxes removal.
Late September, 2013, house owner calls again. Set-top boxes still there. Call UBC/True Visions. Repeat all once more, irritation evident, getting worse while giving Sisaket address and reminding termination was in August.
October, 2013, house owner calls, says set-top boxes remain. Apologize. Have no idea what to do. Do nothing.
November, Sisaket address begins receiving bills from UBC/True Visions for non-payment of subscription.
December, 2013, bill says service cut for non-payment, deposit deducted, balance due. Bill goes into trash. Enough of this. More bills follow, go into trash without opening.
February, 2014, receive notice from lawyer collection firm. Told account is placed for collection. Notice goes into trash.

May 2014, collection notices from lawyers continue, go into trash unopened.

July 2014 receive call from collection agency, wants 3,000+ baht. Do not bother entering into discussion. Tell guy on phone, Never, Ever call my number again. Hang up.

TIT. This is Thailand. TITV. This is True Visions.

TVC. True Visions Customer -- this one, after 17 years of prompt payment, gone forever. Truly Visionless.

Edited by oobar
  • Like 1

Gee, maybe it's different in Chiang Mai. The Truevisions office is in the Kad Suan Kaew mall, a place where I go at least 3 times weekly. I pay the bill in person each month. I would have just taken the boxes into that office in person, asked for a receipt and talked with them about when to expect a refund. Yes, I've heard they are very slow to refund deposits, though.

Edited by NancyL

TrueVisions can be slow in refunding settop box deposits...we done it twice here in Bangkok with the account in my Thai wife's name.. First time it took approx 150 days (this included several follow-ups to a service center to check status of the refund)....second time took exactly 100 days (this took one follow-up to a service center)....in both cases my wife got quite pissed at TrueVisions for their constant delays/excuses. But at the same time I've seen several posts where the refunds went smoothly and quick...like within 30 days or so. OP probably should have hand delivered the boxes to the nearest service center, especially since no one arrived to pick them up just a few days before his departure....in our case a TrueVisions person did come to pick our boxes up approx one week after we called to cancel/return a box, gave us paperwork/a receipt confirming pickup, and then we waited and waited and followed-up and waited and followed-up regarding the deposit refund.