Where to find BBQ Grill?

beb

I'm looking for a grill and so far I'm not having any luck with the specific type I am searching for. I hope somebody can send me in the right direction. Basically I am searching for the square style like this Meko Swinger http://www.walmart.com/ip/Meco-Swinger-Series-342-sq-inch-Square-Charcoal-Grill-Red-Black/12441318

In fact, that exact grill would be awesome. The features I'm looking for is the easy height adjustment, multiple vents and preferably, wheels.

does anybody have any idea of where something like this can be sourced in Thailand?

Thanks!

Thanks for the replies. I went by the Homepro and sure enough, they do have one very similar, but very cheaply made. I might just get it and hope for the best.

And thanks for the other suggestions as well. Really appreciate it.

I brought my New Braunfels from the US in my luggage. I had to take the thing apart, and the main barrel was 67 lbs in the bag. I just couldn't find anything worthwhile in Thailand, and I wanted a BBQ, not a simple grill.

Some members here have posted pics of some amazing BBQs they had constructed here, but unfortunately, my yard is not big enough for one of those babies.

I walked past a pretty shop in K-Village selling all kinds of BBQ equipment. I didn't stop to have a close look, but thems was BBQ gear alright!

I walked past a pretty big shop in K-Village selling all kinds of BBQ equipment. I didn't stop to have a close look, but thems was BBQ gear alright!

Edited by Trembly

Thanks for the replies. I went by the Homepro and sure enough, they do have one very similar, but very cheaply made. I might just get it and hope for the best.

And thanks for the other suggestions as well. Really appreciate it.

We have the cheap HomePro one (with the side shelves).

The mesh in the bottom of the fire tray didn't last long but wifey replaced it with some of the small bricks left over from the house construction.

Still going strong 2 years on with nothing other than the occasional clean with the pressure washer.

I believe somewhere between suk 31-40 in bkk there is a large bbq shop, good and big place. If you are around just ask the motorbike taxis they'll know

Suki 39, about 500 meters down on the left

Sent from my LG-P970 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

The one you posted can be found in homepro and homeworks.

I want a good one on gas because i m tired of charcoal in the heat.

I bought one of those from home pro,absolute rubbish,the fittings,screws,washers,bolts/nuts all rusted with the legs all falling out I am just about to bin it unless I can build a brick stand and just keep the top,and rest it on the bricks.

otherwise I will get a gas one.

I'm a big fan of the Meco square grill and that type. I've never cared for the Weber that is so beloved by so many people and I really prefer charcoal over gas. I don't think gas comes close to the flavor you get from charcoal.

I'm a big fan of the Meco square grill and that type. I've never cared for the Weber that is so beloved by so many people and I really prefer charcoal over gas. I don't think gas comes close to the flavor you get from charcoal.

@ Beb, You know I used to think that as well. Then a few guys at a big rib BBQ contest showed me some their methods and now I would probably never go back to charcoal again.

I have used loads of bags of charcoal in combination with the woodchips from homepro. I have been smoking ribs for 4 hours or more but never got the smokey taste that i expected. They were good though but not worth all the effort.

Now i'm experimenting with liquid smoke from a bottle. I guess Sizzler's also uses that on their pork loin steak.

The problem with charcoals is also that my kettle bbq can't adjust the grids. So it is not easy to get coals going on the right temperature for a long time. I m just done with the whole charcoal, i want a grill that i can start with a button and can easy adjust to the perfect temp and stay there.

I have seen the ones made in Thailand but before i pay 50-100k baht i want to test it myself.

I don't need a huge grill but i want stainless steel, gas, cover with temp gauge and good gasvalves/burners...everything stainless steel. It should serve 6-8 people.

I have used loads of bags of charcoal in combination with the woodchips from homepro. I have been smoking ribs for 4 hours or more but never got the smokey taste that i expected. They were good though but not worth all the effort.

Now i'm experimenting with liquid smoke from a bottle. I guess Sizzler's also uses that on their pork loin steak.

The problem with charcoals is also that my kettle bbq can't adjust the grids. So it is not easy to get coals going on the right temperature for a long time. I m just done with the whole charcoal, i want a grill that i can start with a button and can easy adjust to the perfect temp and stay there.

I have seen the ones made in Thailand but before i pay 50-100k baht i want to test it myself.

I don't need a huge grill but i want stainless steel, gas, cover with temp gauge and good gasvalves/burners...everything stainless steel. It should serve 6-8 people.

50-100k made in Thailand never,never never. I smoke sausages,about 10ribs at a time,chicken breasts and a kilo of belly with my electric type wok.i cut the rack down so it gave me more room with the lid on and it has a heat control knob,just wood chippings that have been soaking for an hr.thats all I put on the bottom.the one I have is a red imaflex round with a glass lid and its perfect,for small amounts.

gas bbq grills that are less than $100 in usa will be way way way more expensive in Thailand.....I brought one over in my luggage bought at lowes for about 50 bucks....had to pay thai guy another 20 or so to redo some valves as different than usa ones....but works just fine for about four years now...no idea why grills are so darn expensive in Thailand but every one I have seen was very expensive compared to what similar would be in usa.....a simple small barrel cut in half with NO top to close down and just charcoal is often around 50 usd in Thailand...I would expect maybe 20 at most would be the price ....add to list of items like wine, cheese that just cost a lot in LOS....