American teacher found hanged in Ubon Ratchathani

webfact

‘See ya,’ American teacher says before suicide
By Coconuts Bangkok

map.jpg?itok=iqFp-Nb-

BANGKOK: -- A 60-year-old American teacher was found hanged by a rope Monday in an apparent suicide.

Prior to the discovery of his body in Ubon Ratchathani province, the man posted a picture of himself with the rope on Facebook with a caption that read “See ya.”

Police rushed to the scene at the Muang district townhouse after receiving a call on the 191 emergency hotline from a friend of the man.

According to Bangkok Post, a paramedic team found the teacher’s body hanging from the handrail of a staircase leading to the building’s second floor.

A district police investigator said the call was placed around 11:30pm after the man’s friend failed to reach the teacher upon seeing his dark Facebook post. [read more...]

Source: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/07/16/see-ya-american-teacher-says-suicide

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-07-16

That is sad ... so sad.

I can not imagine what a person from the USA could be thinking to take his own life?

At 60 yo ... he still some of his best years ahead of him ... especially in Thailand.

RIP old friend.

I hope his friends remember him well.

Sad, but you have no idea what he might have been dealing with. Maybe health or money problems. RIP.

At 60 yo ... he still some of his best years ahead of him ... especially in Thailand.

What utter crap !

That is sad ... so sad.

I can not imagine what a person from the USA could be thinking to take his own life?

RIP old friend.

I hope his friends remember him well.

What utter crap !

most of us agree that your comment is utter crap dry.png

I've spent seven years of my sixties living in Thailand; have had a very good time

• Like 1

My condolences to the family, friends and students.

Suicide leaves so many unanswered questions.

Ditto,

A crazy philosopher once taught me the beautiful thing about suicide is you can always do it tomorrow. Meaning don't do it now, there is no urgency. You can always do it tomorrow. Sometime this helps when counseling and talking people down off the ledge.

Edited by 96tehtarp
  • Like 1

What utter crap !

most of us agree that your comment is utter crap dry.png

I think he needs a hose pipe,he's covered in it.

• Like 1

Please, let's be honest. How many of us were also thinking about ending their lives in difficult situations before?

I was in situations quite a few times, but having a good conversation with the right people, who mean something to you, will help you to rethink your situation.

But what, if you don't have such people and nobody who seems to care. Then living and working in another country like Thailand for a long time can be pretty much difficult, considering the problems many people are facing,, fake friends, not functioning relationships, etc..

Would going back to your country of origin do the trick? Apparently not, when living here for so long and having nobody and nothing, back there where you came from.

i understand why people are doing it, sad is that there wasn't the right person there to talk to. Let's hope he'll rest in peace.

• Like 2

Always sad when a person decides to end the life (unless to avoid being caught over a serious crime maybe).

I fail to understand what his native country has to do with it.

You are apparently unaware that many TV posters love to ridicule Americans for no apparent reason.