Where's all the farmers

HIall just like to read farmers talking to farmers about all aspects.years ago would all do but now. Seam reserved I am in oz waiting for the day I can do the same .i liketo read the storys. keep them coming rgds Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi Ron 19 have looked every day sometimes twice. for four years been to 2farmers meetings so am not new to this forum. as I now you are most active in the jokes. I just miss the info from years gone by rgds Russell

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

its difficult to just carry on as though nothing has happened given the current volatile political climate.

granted some slug on through thick and thin oblivious to external happenings. it is taking its toll. visa harrassment of farang is in peaking mode too. so further uncertainty.

hey just curious as to whether you have any update on khonwans traffic accident? 

Edited by juicy jaccuzi

This is lke a carry on from "what happened to the farming forum", back in January,is it a case this forum has run ont of steam?.
On the car /bike forum they have new models to write about, locale forums ,new locale news,the list goes on.
But the farming forum ,well, you can only ask about seed rate for maize a few times,job done .or "I have got some land what can I do with it" ,a few posts, job done.
I am a relatively new to this forum about 18 month's I have noticed same thing keep coming up,looking back 6-7 years,some very interesting threads ,the old school ,better than the new?,(think that has been said before).
But the pigs ,rubber,cassava ,are going well along with our Shaggies photes, so, all is not lost.
My 2 satang,s worth.
  • Like 1

Dont worry guys . Its got a lot to do wth the stess brought on by the gov situation . Itl b right . We r all stil going bout our business as usual . A lot of the stuff is repetitive anyway . How manybtimes can u say the same stuff .
Cheers Cobbler

Sent from my SM-T315T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
  • Like 1

I think IA has made a good point here.
Not involved in either but can see that the rubber biz seems a big downer right now but pigs is good. 
I am now paying 170Baht/kilo for pork at the market up from 125 just 6 months ago.
Price is everything. Trying to predict it is very very tricky and just the same as gambling on stocks and shares. 
Rubber is a longer term investment but has a big disadvantage in that unlike stocks you cannot liquidate quickly if things look bad.
Combined with the laws about land ownership here it seems short term easily escaped from investments should be the order of the day.
Rent don't buy, be it land or equipment, and you can if needs be walk away with limited losses and make more money if things go well.
  • Like 1

Not involved in either but can see that the rubber biz seems a big downer right now but pigs is good. 
I am now paying 170Baht/kilo for pork at the market up from 125 just 6 months ago.
Price is everything. Trying to predict it is very very tricky and just the same as gambling on stocks and shares. 
Rubber is a longer term investment but has a big disadvantage in that unlike stocks you cannot liquidate quickly if things look bad.
Combined with the laws about land ownership here it seems short term easily escaped from investments should be the order of the day.
Rent don't buy, be it land or equipment, and you can if needs be walk away with limited losses and make more money if things go well.

Pigs are up ,so is beef 200Bart /Kg, been like it for a while now,as for cattle ,dairy heifer prices going up all the time, approaching very silly prices,buyers are comeing from Vietnam to buy our heifers,I think they are thinking of ASEN ,for potential new markets.
Rent dont't buy, some of our farmers are harvesting maize, and are getting 5 bart /Kg,picking cobs, same price as last year, 7 bart combining the crop,but yet to see a combine .With production cost going up ,and thanks to sugar cane and cassava,land rent prices have gone up, to useing contractors to do every thing,(dog and stick farming),you will certaly be walking away with a loss, margins are getting tighter all the time.
You have got own land and equipment to make any thing,but it might all go full circle,making renting viable again.
You do have a good point about renting,walking away with just a suit case in your hand, if it goes pear shaped has a lot to be said .
KS

What do you know about piggery business/farming ? Read more... I made "BIG" money raring pigs in the past, don't need prediction. whistling.gif

Pigs are up ,so is beef 200Bart /Kg, been like it for a while now,as for cattle ,dairy heifer prices going up all the time, approaching very silly prices,buyers are comeing from Vietnam to buy our heifers,I think they are thinking of ASEN ,for potential new markets.
Rent dont't buy, some of our farmers are harvesting maize, and are getting 5 bart /Kg,picking cobs, same price as last year, 7 bart combining the crop,but yet to see a combine .With production cost going up ,and thanks to sugar cane and cassava,land rent prices have gone up, to useing contractors to do every thing,(dog and stick farming),you will certaly be walking away with a loss, margins are getting tighter all the time.
You have got own land and equipment to make any thing,but it might all go full circle,making renting viable again.
You do have a good point about renting,walking away with just a suit case in your hand, if it goes pear shaped has a lot to be said .
KS

What is ASEN ?

Well, I suppose that sucks the chocolate off Oz! 5555

I hope the forum continues. But as has been said before change is normal. Things seem a lot easier to find these days, definitely more choice than a few years ago. Good luck all, especially for your rubber guys. Pigsters stay tuned to your current "windfall" market just in case the leaves start falling. 

"Windfall" will be gone soon, hurry... Shake the trees now and start pilling those leaves. laugh.png

Edited by RedBullHorn

Agreed RBH. There has been a sizable investment in medium sized pig farms. Modernising and improving from traditional village stys by younger players looking to the 2015 start of the AEC. Neighbouring countries as well so when trade does open up the game will change. What to? Time will tell, but I think I would not be buying heaps of growers just yet.  

Generally on this topic, farming is modernising and mechanisation is the way forward. Buy it or hire it, but labour won't be cheap if available at all. 

• Like 2

Agreed RBH. There has been a sizable investment in medium sized pig farms. Modernising and improving from traditional village stys by younger players looking to the 2015 start of the AEC. Neighbouring countries as well so when trade does open up the game will change. What to? Time will tell, but I think I would not be buying heaps of growers just yet.  

Generally on this topic, farming is modernising and mechanisation is the way forward. Buy it or hire it, but labour won't be cheap if available at all. 

I asked... Most younger players (in the villages)..... "AE What !?!!" " Not my problem~ Tell NCPO" laugh.png

Edited by RedBullHorn