CB 300f

Nebula

Lot pipe options in Praram2bikes. Picked up mine today.

So I bought the same exhaust from PR2. Wow! Too loud.. As you can see its off now and in a box.

Anyone know how I can quieten it up a bit? Looks good but sounds horrible.

Got picked by the police on the way back. Not for the sound though. I switched it off while showing my license. Took off slow so not to get called back by the police..

Disappointing!

Anyone know where to get a baffle or something?

Edit>>> OK looks like 2 inch baffle will fit..

Where in bangkok can you buy one?

That's weird, i don't find mine loud at all, far from it. Been driving past the cop check points many times with this pipe, haven't got stopped

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you on about mate?

Don't need noise to prove anything. Had big bikes, bought 4 into ones. Noise was never a consideration. Someone put a Utube link on thread to make exhaust louder. No problem if that is what you want. Personally prefer understated exhausts, my bad.

Well this thread is about the CB 300 F.. and we are not on exhaust systems.. ok, good to go.. well, I wonder, how many times did some look back at you with your modified exhaust system and it made a different, like they did not cut you off.. or cut in front of you.

Granted, I like to hear the varoom, but I am not into the HD xtra round the heart palpations kind..

The 300 series seem fine.. the stock exhaust to me, seem to whine a bit..thus I modified my CBR 300 with the Thai version of the Akpravovic (?) system.. works fine... not ultra loud but it does the job, I don't get cut off as much.. and yes, I try to avoid the situation..

Well on the pegs.

Love the bike standard. Size of exhaust questionable. People do what people do. Fine by me. Not my choice. Only an opinion. Change exhaust? Why not. Personally more noise is not a consideration. Tis only a 300 so power increase is a shade childish as well. In the nicest possible way.

+ 1 .............

So I bought the same exhaust from PR2. Wow! Too loud.. As you can see its off now and in a box.

Got picked by the police on the way back. Not for the sound though. I switched it off while showing my license. Took off slow so not to get called back by the police..

Disappointing!

That's weird, i don't find mine loud at all, far from it. Been driving past the cop check points many times with this pipe, haven't got stopped

Mine was offensive loud.. I mean I'm not an old fart like some other whiney ppl on here but this exhaust was taking the piss..

So I did something about it this afternoon

Pipe cut down on the lathe and then punched holes in the side. Fitted inside the exhaust.

Sounds good!

post-81192-0-47412600-1430369339_thumb.jpost-81192-0-88614100-1430369357_thumb.j

Edited by seedy
large pics

• 1 month later...

Picked up my bike on Saturday, loving it so far. Bought a few accessories but having trouble getting them fitted at my local mechanic.

Anyone recommend a good mechanic around Sukhumivit (I'm at Suk 100) that will do my mods at a reasonable price, a little English would be a bonus also.

Thanks and pics to follow if I can get the work done, simple stuff, rad protector, exhaust swap, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered 13T front sprocket and chain adjusting tool from tyga.

I feel there isn't much "bang for buck" to be had spending too much on modifying the 300. Hopefully a sprocket change will provide some cheap thrills. Will have a crack at doing it myself.

• 1 month later...

post-140969-1435915589793_thumb.jpgpost-140969-14359156122204_thumb.jpgpost-140969-14359156252801_thumb.jpgpost-140969-14359156409188_thumb.jpgpost-140969-14359156584308_thumb.jpg

Last week my bike crankshaft bearing went out on me. Around 15,500km. It's kinda sucked because they let me borrow a click for a week and it had some problems.

I was riding on Rama 5 on my way home about to get to rachapruk and the power of the engine was slipping, so I thought maybe the clutch wasn't engaging so I stopped at the honda center. I told them that I the clutch is <deleted> and it needs to be fixed. They manager told one of the mechanics to test ride the bike and sure enough he came back say the same it's slipping. He told another mechanic something in thai and he already knew what it was. He opened up the case and all the copper metal was dripping out of the side a small metal filter. I asked the manager if it would be under warranty and she say bring my the service book and you should me okay. I was a little nervous about it because it's only been 15,000km and the engine new a big service I asked how much would the service cost and he said maybe like 6k.

They told me they gave me a new crankshaft. New piston with rod. New cylinder. So basically an all new bottom. That made me happy but then if it happens again then I don't want the bike. Before the service I told the manager I want a 650 because I travel far to work and if the 300 can't cut it I want to just switch up. This new bottom end better last longer than 15,000km or I'm not going to want it any more. Btw the bike isn't even a year old.

They serviced the bike for me for free and took care of me. Now I'm n the break in period again and I don't trust the bike any more. Now I just hope the bike will be okay.

• 1 month later...

Disappointing!

Mine was offensive loud.. I mean I'm not an old fart like some other whiney ppl on here but this exhaust was taking the piss..

So I did something about it this afternoon

Pipe cut down on the lathe and then punched holes in the side. Fitted inside the exhaust.

Sounds good!

attachicon.gif20150325_171821.jpgattachicon.gif20150325_171836.jpgattachicon.gifBig 1 small.jpgattachicon.gifBig 2 small.jpg

Sorry for being a bit off topic, but this baffle looks as though it may suit, or at least be a starting point for my old Honda NV400. I bought the bike with almost no baffle and have been experimenting for more than a year to get some smoothness, without losing a growl.

So where did you get it and is there a part number or similar? Also do you some dimensions?

Edited by AllanB

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1435915588.876861.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1435915608.012597.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1435915624.059187.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1435915640.360711.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1435915650.894104.jpg

Last week my bike crankshaft bearing went out on me. Around 15,500km. It's kinda sucked because they let me borrow a click for a week and it had some problems.

I was riding on Rama 5 on my way home about to get to rachapruk and the power of the engine was slipping, so I thought maybe the clutch wasn't engaging so I stopped at the honda center. I told them that I the clutch is <deleted> and it needs to be fixed. They manager told one of the mechanics to test ride the bike and sure enough he came back say the same it's slipping. He told another mechanic something in thai and he already knew what it was. He opened up the case and all the copper metal was dripping out of the side a small metal filter. I asked the manager if it would be under warranty and she say bring my the service book and you should me okay. I was a little nervous about it because it's only been 15,000km and the engine new a big service I asked how much would the service cost and he said maybe like 6k.

They told me they gave me a new crankshaft. New piston with rod. New cylinder. So basically an all new bottom. That made me happy but then if it happens again then I don't want the bike. Before the service I told the manager I want a 650 because I travel far to work and if the 300 can't cut it I want to just switch up. This new bottom end better last longer than 15,000km or I'm not going to want it any more. Btw the bike isn't even a year old.

They serviced the bike for me for free and took care of me. Now I'm n the break in period again and I don't trust the bike any more. Now I just hope the bike will be okay.

Honda quality. rolleyes.gif

Imagine if this happened to a 'Chinese' Benelli. whistling.gif

There would be 3 pages of posts about how crud they are compared to the reliable and amazing quality of Super Honda. sick.gif

coffee1.gif

Edited by DLang