CB 300f

Nebula

Ok, anyone else having problems with the clutch and shifting?

Getting into Neutral is damn near impossible, and today, on a short drive into the city, I had a hell of a time up shifting at times. Monday I'm busy, so it's off to Big Wing Tuesday morning to figure out what the heck is wrong.

Mine goes through the gears like a dream. I have adjustable levers on, and if I set the clutch in too far it can be hard to get into neutral. Might that be it?

Not sure. It was fine till yesterday, then it just went to hell.

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting into Neutral is damn near impossible, and today, on a short drive into the city, I had a hell of a time up shifting at times. Monday I'm busy, so it's off to Big Wing Tuesday morning to figure out what the heck is wrong.

Mine goes through the gears like a dream. I have adjustable levers on, and if I set the clutch in too far it can be hard to get into neutral. Might that be it?

Have you checked the oil level?

Remember the Thai made CBR500 problems with the oil leaking out within a matter of days.

I know one guy that had the Big Wing management saying it was normal and denying anything was wrong, until Honda documented it as a major problem and did a recall.

So far on mine I've chopped off the fender, changed the rear signals, added an Akrapovic slip-on (will be upgrading to fully system + controller soon), and added a windscreen (very nice difference), and a few other aesthetic small mods. It's a great bike for where I live, but I am getting the itch to get something bigger. Maybe a CBR650F in the future.

I just upgraded from a cb300f to a cb650f. Save your satung.. the 650 will blow your sox off. Its an awesome upgrade and not stupidly bigger in size. I can still filter bkk traffic like a boss

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remember the Thai made CBR500 problems with the oil leaking out within a matter of days.

I know one guy that had the Big Wing management saying it was normal and denying anything was wrong, until Honda documented it as a major problem and did a recall.

Did it? I did 38,000 kms on mine and didn't lose a drop of oil.

Did it? I did 38,000 kms on mine and didn't lose a drop of oil.

Yes, the recall was on March 7th 2014.

When was your bike manufactured Brands?

It is a 2013 CB500F.

The numbers to check:

Bikes affected are:

CBR500RA – MLHPC44U0D5000001 TO MLHPC44UXD5000829

CBR500R – MLHPC44U0D5000189 TO MLHPC44U9D5000773

CB500F – MLHPC44U2D5000012 TO MLHPC45U3D5000248

CB500X – MLHPC46U4D5000001 TO MLHPC46U2D5000112

When was your bike manufactured Brands?

It is a 2013 CB500F.

The numbers to check:

Bikes affected are:

CBR500RA – MLHPC44U0D5000001 TO MLHPC44UXD5000829

CBR500R – MLHPC44U0D5000189 TO MLHPC44U9D5000773

CB500F – MLHPC44U2D5000012 TO MLHPC45U3D5000248

CB500X – MLHPC46U4D5000001 TO MLHPC46U2D5000112

not affected

• 2 weeks later...

My cbr300 late 2014 with only 3000 kms is difficult to get into 1st hot or cold.

^ Good job, looks like you got lucky.

Any update on the CB300 problem J1V?

Yeah. I was not feeling so hot for a couple of days, so I waited to take it to Big Wing. On the way into town, everything worked perfect, even getting it into Neutral. Turned it around, jumped on 11 and hauled ass to Lampang, where I could run it through the gears in the mountains. Everything worked fine. Came home and checked the driveway for any oil spots. Nothing. Now everything is normal again. Friend of mine gave me his opinion - "Wobbly nut on the seat". lol

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived