CB 300f

Nebula

Been looking around a lot for some luggage/carrier system for this and can't find a thing except a back rack for up to 5kg, if I get one me and 'er indoors want to go places with a couple of bags and a light rucksack.

Anyone any ideas with photos?

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking around a lot for some luggage/carrier system for this and can't find a thing except a back rack for up to 5kg, if I get one me and 'er indoors want to go places with a couple of bags and a light rucksack.

Anyone any ideas with photos?

Givi has a rack, the SR1103 (H3 at GT Auto Bikes), that is good for 6kg.

Personally I think they way underrate their products. I have a rack that is supposedly only good for 10kg; I've had it stuffed full with a backpack lashed on top and it was just fine with an estimated 30kg.

l1XDSj.jpg

If you want more storage, than look at the Givi SB137 panniers mount.

spd_2013060475154_b.jpg

That's 5000 baht in mounting hardware (plus a ~3000 baht mounting plate for the top box). The sky is the limit for boxes, but an E360N (5700 baht) top case and E22 side cases (6200 for set) means that for less than 20K you'll have 80 litres of storage for traveling.

6iouF9.jpg

dRYjkN.jpg

Alternatively you can get some soft panniers like the Givi T341 for round about 10,000 baht. This would actually be a bit more expensive than the hard luggage. And if you are a bit OCD, it's hard as hell to get them aligned properly.

spd_20120322104453_b.jpg

Anyone recommend a magnetic tank bag. Alpine stars has a model which turns into a back pack but lugging 4 magnets around might be heavy ( or pull em out and stick them on the tank

Magnets are small and the weight is unnoticeable.

I use a Buffalo tank bag which I really like. Bought mine from Panda in Bkk.

Edited by apetley

That's great, the first I have seen, in the UK they rate that rack at 5kg, so obviously even more conservative. The problem with loading this rack up it the balance of bike, with all that weight on the back, plus a pillion passenger, and me sitting as far back as possible, that takes a lot of weight off the front, compromising steering. The engine is not that heavy in these modern bikes, so side bags would be better from that point of view.

That's great, the first I have seen, in the UK they rate that rack at 5kg, so obviously even more conservative. The problem with loading this rack up it the balance of bike, with all that weight on the back, plus a pillion passenger, and me sitting as far back as possible, that takes a lot of weight off the front, compromising steering. The engine is not that heavy in these modern bikes, so side bags would be better from that point of view.

get a second hand cb500x and never think. they go around 180 k thb.

Yes, I saw that one, a bit too rich for me, but nice bike.

Yes, I saw that one, a bit too rich for me, but nice bike.

but it is a lot more comfy especially for two up and has good relaxed ergonomics, has a good engine that can go anywhere with lots of load without and complains and you do not get bored of it.

extra power is needed at times to save your a...s..ss at dangerous situations.

also it has more suspension travel, better brakes, suspensions etc and it has a lot of room. it is light and it has a very easy and forgiving ride.

difference between a new cbr300r and a second hand cb500x is a mere 40 k thb but difference is big, especially for an elderly gentleman.

just my humble recommendations if you want to go for a comfy touring.

mechanical noob here....

took my bike to Honda , heard a strange noise starting at 5000rpm ....

they told me bcz my after market pipe have no catalyseur that's why all that shit ....

me ????

they told me no more warranty since I swicth the pipe, never had problem like that before with my other bikes. After talkng for a while I said no problem give me my key and I will get the bike fix at other shop....

The Honda owner started to say maybe I can do something for you, you still have the original pipe just bring it here and we will put back and get the repair done on for free (warranty)

So I will get fixfor free but whatI reallly want to know it's true that my after market pipe made alll that shit happen or it was just them looking at away out not to fix under warranty ?

post-147159-14242520970617_thumb.jpg

Not enuf info to make a diagnosis re: noise.

If - as Honda dealer claims - the pipe did it, and they are willing to fix it if you let them put the stock pipe back on, I would say that you do not have much choice in the matter if you want them to fix it for free.

Most times - in my experience - best to keep it stock until warranty runs out. If you check beforehand and they say any mods you plan are OK, get it in writing. And in LOS this will most likely not be possible.

Not enuf info to make a diagnosis re: noise.

If - as Honda dealer claims - the pipe did it, and they are willing to fix it if you let them put the stock pipe back on, I would say that you do not have much choice in the matter if you want them to fix it for free.

Most times - in my experience - best to keep it stock until warranty runs out. If you check beforehand and they say any mods you plan are OK, get it in writing. And in LOS this will most likely not be possible.

i'm good with that .....

I owned 10 bikes in my life and always get a after market pipe with 0 problem

mechanical noob here....

they told me bcz my after market pipe have no catalyseur that's why all that shit ....

me ????

they told me no more warranty since I swicth the pipe, never had problem like that before with my other bikes. After talkng for a while I said no problem give me my key and I will get the bike fix at other shop....

The Honda owner started to say maybe I can do something for you, you still have the original pipe just bring it here and we will put back and get the repair done on for free (warranty)

So I will get fixfor free but whatI reallly want to know it's true that my after market pipe made alll that shit happen or it was just them looking at away out not to fix under warranty ?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect1424252093.455121.jpg

does not make any sense and warranty does not void if you change the pipe only.

and what type of damage it can give to the engine? catalyzer is just for emissions and nothing to do with the engine.

Explain?

As you raise the rear end due to increased preload it shifts the Centre of Gravity forward loading the front tyre more and regaining some of what is lost by adding more weight to the rear.

I think the laws of physics would not support that theory. The CofG is effected only by the movement of mass, not spring pressure.

mechanical noob here....

me ????

and what type of damage it can give to the engine? catalyzer is just for emissions and nothing to do with the engine.

was waiting for a answer from from you :)

So like I said they were just looking to get out of my engine problem ?

i'm good with that .....

I owned 10 bikes in my life and always get a after market pipe with 0 problem

I hear Ya' - but the rules seem a tad different in LOS

Good luck with the repair. Let us know what it was - I for one am interested.

mechanical noob here....

me ????

was waiting for a answer from from you smile.png

So like I said they were just looking to get out of my engine problem ?

most probably dont want to deal with a complex work while fixing easy scoots.

better put the stock back until they fix the bike for preventing unwanted questions and words like 'ahh, you have a slip on that is why there is problem' their thoughts will always slide to the slip on and they will reason it.

but do 300 series have an o2 sensor? and if yes, have they removed it while they were installing the slip on?

Edited by ll2

It's all good with the Honda dealer now .... What I would like to know it's possible for full system after market pipe ( TwoBrothers ) damaging that engine like that ?

Many variables.

If the aftermarket pipe made the engine breath better - exhaust gases could exit quicker - this may lean out the mixture.

Most OEM ECU's will compensate for changes - but to what degree I do not know.

If the mixture is made more lean - piston crown temperatures will rise, along with exhaust valves especially.

Lean is not good - the factories do it to pass fuel economy targets, not to enhance performance.

Most aftermarket ECU 'Reflash' is to add fuel to lean spots in the rev band.

Too lean = too hot. Too hot = burned valves and melted pistons.

That being said your bike is probably OK

What did the pipe manufacturer recommend ? Reflash, airbox mods, maybe a Power Commander (I have never had much luck with them but some have)

not a slip on but a full system sad.png

full system. i missed that.

you better switch to stock full system and then go to the dealer.

hope you keep the stock parts though.

a full system, if not well designed can damage the engine. do you have others mods too on the bike? like an aftermarket air filter?

a full system, if not well designed can damage the engine. do you have others mods too on the bike? like an aftermarket air filter?

yes a BMC but they didn't talk about it Edited by LburtonL

Explain?

As you raise the rear end due to increased preload it shifts the Centre of Gravity forward loading the front tyre more and regaining some of what is lost by adding more weight to the rear.

I think the laws of physics would not support that theory. The CofG is effected only by the movement of mass, not spring pressure.

And moving part of the mass upwards, and thus shifting the CoG forwards is not doable?

yes a BMC but they didn't talk about it

yeah. remove it too and put back the stock one. it makes the engine double lean with a full system if not compensated well by ecu.

Explain?

And moving part of the mass upwards, and thus shifting the CoG forwards is not doable?

Moving the mass upwards will shift the CofG upwards, not forwards.

I guess pillions are not very good for bikes in terms of balance, luggage too and there are very few places on the front of most bikes to mount stuff, apart from a tank bag, although I have seen some tool tubes, on expedition bikes.