CB 300f

Nebula

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Typical "Honda" nowadays - total disapointment. No USD forks and a lump of scrap metal for a swingarm. A few years ago , Honda was capable of so much more. Youd be better off with a Keeway / RKV for 60,000 Baht.

yep, it is coming.

K Speed has started to modify one already.

If price not more than 120 k with ABS, it will sure sell well against kawa z250.

this time honda did a good job by hiding the release of this bike!

post-184955-0-98292600-1405571988_thumb.

Typical "Honda" nowadays - total disapointment. No USD forks and a lump of scrap metal for a swingarm. A few years ago , Honda was capable of so much more. Youd be better off with a Keeway / RKV for 60,000 Baht.

155 k thb kawa z250 does not have them too and all the competition the same.

these are beginner bikes so you put a proper - not the pogo stick upside down forks on cheap Chinese bikes - upside down fork and a nice aluminum swingarm and suddenly it is 200 k thb

just think a bit before posting things nigel.

This is a budget beginner bike you are right , but even if the USD forks are no better , its the looks , more than the function , that sells these beginner bikes. I think they should make it a bit more "flash". The competition i mentioned does have them and nobody has ever called them "pogo sticks". Decent (looking) forks and a swing arm not from the Chinese scrap metal skip wouldnt cost 80,000 Baht. Lets hope "Honda has fitted this bike with some decent tires..Max price should be 100-110,000 but knowing Honda ???.

I've been really happy with my CBR300R so far, it doesn't look like they've changed this one much other than the lack of fairing. I'd be interested to sit on one to see how the riding position compares. I do think the R looks a bit better though smile.png

As far as price, the R costs 133,000 so I imagine this one will probably be a few thousand cheaper?

This is a budget beginner bike you are right , but even if the USD forks are no better , its the looks , more than the function , that sells these beginner bikes. I think they should make it a bit more "flash". The competition i mentioned does have them and nobody has ever called them "pogo sticks". Decent (looking) forks and a swing arm not from the Chinese scrap metal skip wouldnt cost 80,000 Baht. Lets hope "Honda has fitted this bike with some decent tires..Max price should be 100-110,000 but knowing Honda ???.

it is the cheap price, a confidence inspiring, easy ride that do not bite your a.s with reliability - means a recognized brand - and economy, less maintenance/cheap repairs - especially if you drop it which is a higher possibility for beginners - that do sell beginner bikes not an upside down fork or aluminum swingarm.

Yes , i agree , this is a very good beginnere bike , and some more experienced riders may use them for pottering around , but i think it would look better if it (and Kawasaki) put USD forks on. IMO.They wont cost 80,000. Style sells bikes. Someone asked the difference between STD and USD forks - there is an advantage of increased stiffness and lower unsprung weight with USD forks (they are the ones that are thinner at the bottom , and the leg slides into the hollow casing )The fatter part at the top offers the triple clamps an increased clamping surface area.

If the auto translation is correct then it's priced at 130,000 and available now, promotion price is 126,000 till Sept.

โดยพร้อมที่จะวางจำหน่ายตั้งแต่วันนี้เป็นต้นไป ที่ศูนย์ Honad Wing Center ทั่วประเทศ ด้วยราคาจำหน่ายที่ 130,000 บาท และพิเศษสำหรับช่วงแนะนำตั้งแต่เดือนนี้ถึงกันยายน 2557 กับราคาพิเศษ 126,000 บาท

http://www.grandprix.co.th/gpinews/new-cb300f-the-real-naked-soul-%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%A7%E0%B8%95%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%98%E0%B8%B8%E0%B9%8C%E0%B8%94%E0%B8%B8/

Is the thai version coming with or without abs?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

with ABS.

Price confirmed for cb300f as 126 k thb promotion price and 130 k thb as real price after a while.

i was expecting a bit less cheaper than cbr300r. If they managed to sell it at 120 k thb, it should sell better.

kawa z250 is a good option as well for 151 k thb but no abs so lets say abs is additional 15 k so value difference between these two bikes is around 35k thb but you get a twin cylinder engine and more power. looks of kawa z250 is more aggressive and sharp designed masked looks of z250 is better at the beginning but like all kawa designs, they get boring and ageing faster than honda's plain but handsome designs.

of course 35 k thb difference means around nearly 30 percent difference between these two bikes which can be a deciding factor for many prospect buyers towards honda cb300f.

k speed is modding one now about to be finished. wonder what they will do.

post-184955-0-91225200-1405743980_thumb.

I don't know about you, but I feel that the new batch of Hondas, the 650 and these 300s, are getting back to a sexier design.

I never even considered a 250 or 500 because I felt they were quite ugly compared to Kawasaki and suzuki's offering.

After riding the Ninja 650r for a year, I realized other than bombing down from Cm to Malaysia I never really needed all that displacement and a 300cc is a great bike for most of what I wanted to do.

Though, a new 300 or a used 650 is still a hard choice since they are the same price, but the 300's are making a great argument and that White 300 is sexy.

The Crf 250 can manage some nice USD forks - so not sure why the new 300 needs to be 'retro' in the suspension department?

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

even the msx and zoomer-x come with USD forks.

The Crf 250 can manage some nice USD forks - so not sure why the new 300 needs to be 'retro' in the suspension department?

pogo sticks are also coming with an upside down setup!

post-184955-0-13479400-1405998685_thumb.

K Speed finished modifying its cb300f but only 90 percent finished they say. Looks nice. K Speed is doing good modified bikes nowadays.

Also, bike is available at some dealers now as seen photos of first owners getting their bikes.

radiator looks awkward from front a bit though so a blacked out cover is a must IMO like k speed's modded cb300f.

post-184955-0-25801600-1406010675_thumb.

post-184955-0-21232700-1406010685_thumb.

post-184955-0-72450200-1406010694_thumb.

post-184955-0-13481500-1406010731_thumb.

post-184955-0-31998000-1406010741_thumb.

there you go, even a pogo stick would look better than those skinny forks that come with the 250/300/500 and even the 650.

there you go, even a pogo stick would look better than those skinny forks that come with the 250/300/500 and even the 650.

Archived