Double and Triple Entry Visa's - does it make sense to get one right now?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You will not be denied entry with a Tourist visa. For peace of mind carry with you 20,000 thb (or equivalent) in cash, hotel reservations, outgoing ticket reservations.

To re-enter with the same visa with which you have left without activating a new entry, use a re-entry permit, 1,000 thb at immigration or airport.

I do wish people would stop suggesting arriving with hotel bookings. Nobody gets a double/triple entry tourist visa and then proceeds to book a hotel room for 6/9 months.

Fine if you wanna book a flight out but just make sure you can change or even cancel it once you're through immigration.

The 20,000 in cash is just a bomb waiting to go off. I'm wondering how long it's gonna be before we read a report in the media in which a minivan driver taking foreigners to the consulate/embassy Penang or whatever is found to have arranged for a few of his Malaysian mates jack the van safe in the knowledge that each and every passenger has 20,000 to 40,000 baht in their pockets; not to mention laptops, tablets etc.

What the hell will the morons at immigration say then?

Getting an ED visa is an expense????

A 1 years ed visa is about 20,000 baht, that peanuts for a years visa

More like 30 - 35 Kthb to be exact.

Yes, and you are technically not allowed to work!

If you are young without substantial savings - what should you do ?!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You will not be denied entry with a Tourist visa. For peace of mind carry with you 20,000 thb (or equivalent) in cash, hotel reservations, outgoing ticket reservations.

To re-enter with the same visa with which you have left without activating a new entry, use a re-entry permit, 1,000 thb at immigration or airport.

I do wish people would stop suggesting arriving with hotel bookings. Nobody gets a double/triple entry tourist visa and then proceeds to book a hotel room for 6/9 months.

Fine if you wanna book a flight out but just make sure you can change or even cancel it once you're through immigration.

The 20,000 in cash is just a bomb waiting to go off. I'm wondering how long it's gonna be before we read a report in the media in which a minivan driver taking foreigners to the consulate/embassy Penang or whatever is found to have arranged for a few of his Malaysian mates jack the van safe in the knowledge that each and every passenger has 20,000 to 40,000 baht in their pockets; not to mention laptops, tablets etc.

travellers cheques

You should get a job in your country and save money to be able to travel later smile.png

That's what most of farangs in Thailand did wink.png

You should get a job in your country and save money to be able to travel later smile.png

Well, nice advice! How about that: I have been living in Thailand for the past 8 years (Bachelor and Master degree, 1 year working) and my boyfriend is here. So, what?! Am I forced to give up my relationship and life here just because the visa regulations change??

(and don't say "then marry your boyfriend" - because that's not the issue!)

Edited by kanomsugar

Well, nice advice! How about that: I have been living in Thailand for the past 8 years (Bachelor and Master degree, 1 year working) and my boyfriend is here. So, what?! Am I forced to give up my relationship and life here just because the visa regulations change??

(and don't say "then marry your boyfriend" - because that's not the issue!)

yes

travellers cheques

Plenty of reports that cash and ONLY cash will do.

Varies from border crossing to border crossing.