Motorcyclist in Thailand cheats death after riding past exploding fireworks store

webfact

Motorcyclist in Thailand cheats death after riding past exploding fireworks store
NATASHA CULZAC

ANG THONG: -- The award for close-shave-of-the-day goes to this motorcyclist who was filmed cheating death by milliseconds after riding past an exploding fireworks shop.

The footage is from the Ang Thong region of southern Thailand and shows the unsuspecting rider approaching a corner before almost being blown off the bike.

Scroll down to see video

The motorcyclist can be seen on CCTV edging forward as the blast rips through.

According to the Daily Mirror 17 people were injured in the incident, five of them seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_tBGAp_YU

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/motorcyclist-in-thailand-cheats-death-after-riding-past-exploding-fireworks-store-9612365.html

-- THE INDEPENDENT 2014-07-18

• Like 1

Must admit I had a fizzer and a rocket or two in my military service days but nought compared to the fizzers and rockets the fellow on the motorcycle experienced.

No doubt the constipation he didn't know he had was instantly cured though.w00t.gifbah.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

The footage is from the Ang Thong region of southern Thailand

Ang Thong province is in the central plains, east of Suphanburi prov and north of Ayutthaya prov. No?

It's an explosion so must be southern Thailandwink.png no mention of the person standing in front of the shop and as nobody died had a much more incredible escape,the motorcyclist probably cheats death every day no big news.

That looks more like a black powder type of explosion rather than fireworks per se... if it was firework shells it would be more than one big bang, and have colour and the special effects going off all over the place (google firework explosions to see what it looks like). The lack of colour and the fact that it was just one big bang tells me it could well have been a store of 'bangers' all going off together... even so, it really looks nothing like a 'firework' explosion of any kind ... compare it to the many firework accidents on Youtube to see what I mean. Maybe they were messing around with black powder... making their own crackers/bangers or something? Who knows... but nothing like any firework explosion I've ever seen... weird. Whatever, both the motorcyclist and the guy in the white shirt had lucky escapes eh?

• Like 1

Hmm so he was nearly blown off his bike after passing the shop ...

Forget me if I am wrong but, well, nothing actually happened to him, am I right?

He may have soiled himself

• Like 1

It looks like it was shot from a security camera, but it moves before the rider comes into frame, Who shot it?

Most of these are videoed using a phone or video camera off the CRT/LCD screen. It's not directly from the CCTV footage itself.

A very lucky man, but why the hell did he reverse back into the blast?

Most motorcyclists have great difficulty using reverse gear on their bikes, this guy was slick..wink.png

However, watch again and you will see that the film/tape/recording reverses at that point.