Funds for city councillors' overseas trips cancelled

Lite Beer

"....cancelled some Bt400 million in funds...", "....said the Bt40 million would be spent instead..."

And the other B360 million? No, I think they meant B40 million. These are only city councilors after all.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not far from me lives a former Thai Council Chief who openly admits he spent the last five years of his 'working life' making trips to Europe, the US, The Caribbean, and many Asian countries at the expense of the nation before he retired. It was considered a perk of the job before he left and he was able to take his wife with him to 'see the world' without having to pay for it. He reveals a lot more as well after about a half bottle of genuine Johnny Walker but i would need several pages to document it all.

OK my interest is up, don't stop there, just start a post at a time wink.png

Finally rooting out all the red corruption that has -- what? Oh, I'm sorry. I thought the report said corruption. It's austerity, and that must be sensible yellows behind it, then.

My sincere apologies.

tongue.png

Admit it, your team has had their pants pulled down, and you have spat the dummy out. Your posts are becoming like a cry for help.

And please don't try sarcasm, it is a dangerous weapon which you should not be playing with. Leave it to the experts. tongue.png

• Like 2

cancelled some Bt400 million in funds allocated for overseas trips by its councillors, citing austerity.

Speaking at an Assembly meeting yesterday, deputy speaker Somchai Wesaratchatrakool, said the Bt40 million would be spent

from 400 to 40 in one line

so why do they need overseas trips ?

it is not that they will learn, accept or implement any NON thai idea anyways

soft corruption... free trips for them, family, friends...