Time to get 'jealous girls' off screen

Lite Beer

Is will be hard to change. Pass any shack with an antenna in Thailand and peer inside. You will see the whole family glued to the screen every day.

Add to the fact the production team, writers etc are talentless and rely on churning out the same story year after year, they haven't a hope of going away and coming up with something original. Viewers here will not be prepared to have to sit down for days to await a climatic scenario, no. They want screaming Kathoeys running around in circles and bitches getting their comeuppance daily.

The soap that delivers as close to that formula that they dare will be the winners.

so true...

for similar reasons why there is unlikely any change on TV I am concerned that at the end there will also be no change "in politics". I simply don't see any real desire by Thai people to change anything - not on TV, not on the roads, neither in politics... There is mostly just the desire "to get what others have (or more)" in the easiest (!!) possible way... and if it's not really "possible" then maybe there is a "trick"... I can't see that mentality changing for a very long time to come...

And that's fine of course if Thai want their country that way, it's their choice, it's their place after all ...

• Like 1

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can live with the repetitious plots.

I can live with the effeminate blokes poncing around.

I can live with the constant fighting and guns.

But.....PLEASE get rid of the dubbed cartoon sound effects, they drive me to utter distraction!!!! facepalm.gif

The junta are currently reviewing 'Neighbours' as a primary soap replacement. If this doesn't work they will fall back to 'Home and Away' or 'Prisoner'.

That's all we need re-runs of Vera(Vinegar Tits Bennet)facepalm.gif

The junta are currently reviewing 'Neighbours' as a primary soap replacement. If this doesn't work they will fall back to 'Home and Away' or 'Prisoner'.

Paulzed we have been going along fine for so many years and now some one has to spoil our day by causing us to think of old Vinegar Tits. Thanks Chris!

• Like 1

Every Thai soap use exactly the same script that has been around for decades. Surely they are not expecting the writers to create new scripts Plagiarism has worked fine for years. What could they possibly find to write about if they can't use filthy rich brats, screaming women, ghosts and a few guns. Is there anything else to life?

...definitely no books, no theatres, no orchestras, no art exhibitions.

• Like 1

Paulzed we have been going along fine for so many years and now some one has to spoil our day by causing us to think of old Vinegar Tits. Thanks Chris!

Just think about the nude scenes of number 96 and it will all be better soon!!biggrin.png

Edited by Paulzed

Not "Prisoner"! There's already a growing trend for bull dyke tough girls, we don't want to encourage more....they seem to be able to snag the really pretty girls.

The brainless idiots who make these programs are taking home huge salaries for doing nothing but a recycle exercise year on year and nothing will change until they are all removed to 'inactive posts' and replaced by more brainless idiots.

One has to remember that the whole point of these programs is to create as many brainless idiots in Thai society as possible. If they showed interesting, educational, informative documentaries and well made plays and serials there would be too many ordinary people 'thinking', and thinking about things is not want the powers that be want from minnions.

Incidentally; my Thai wife labels them all as 'unwatchable trash'.....smart woman, that's why i married her.

Do you make your own tin foil hats or do you buy them on line?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Thank you all for comments about the sound effects. Hearing these in the background make me want to take my life.

Regarding soaps, among the most damaging plot lines are the guy who kidnaps/imprisons/rapes a girl, and eventually she starts to fall in love with him. This is a reprehensible & destructive way to portray violent crime, and it is alas a common theme on Thai television.

What producer or writer would commit career suicide by changing what sells?

Same goes for all those gruesome photos splattered all over the front page of Thai newspapers.

Mainstream thai society has this distasteful love of graphic displays of death and portrayals of heroes semi-forcing his affections on the heroine which in the many parts of the world is also present but limited to tabloids, niche horror magazines and

B movies.

Perhaps censorship and age appropriate control of access?

There is no TV in my environment. My lady has one in her own room.

Sometimes i ask her why i am not allowed to raise my voice.

On soaps i see nothing but. She chooses to ignore my question.

• Like 1

I suppose it would be too much to expect them to replace Thai trash with farang quality.

My Thai wife was fascinated by Breaking Bad, and couldn't wait for each new episode (with Thai subtitles). It was on DVD, but it could be chopped up and fed to the masses over several years. This was a series with great complexity, despite all the usual American violence that one comes to expect from that side of the world.

And there are many more such series (which are basically soaps of a more sophisticated nature).

Nah, too much to hope for.

Still, the DVDs are out there. Introduce Breaking Bad to your missis. She will almost certainly be weaned off the local crap.

It's not the producers responsibility to tell people what they want, it's the producers responsibility to give peple what they want. The ratings are doing well so why should they change? It would be nice to see more entertaining television, but with so many naive girls watching this crap it would be stupid for them to stop airing it.

I suppose it would be too much to expect them to replace Thai trash with farang quality.

My Thai wife was fascinated by Breaking Bad, and couldn't wait for each new episode (with Thai subtitles). It was on DVD, but it could be chopped up and fed to the masses over several years. This was a series with great complexity, despite all the usual American violence that one comes to expect from that side of the world.

And there are many more such series (which are basically soaps of a more sophisticated nature).

Nah, too much to hope for.

Still, the DVDs are out there. Introduce Breaking Bad to your missis. She will almost certainly be weaned off the local crap.

Breaking Bad was truly a gem of creativity, I found it as addictive as it's subject is known to be. But lets be fair to the Americans on that side of the world, the show was after all about serious top end drug crime. Would have lost a little credibility without some violence.

• Like 1

It's not the producers responsibility to tell people what they want, it's the producers responsibility to give peple what they want. The ratings are doing well so why should they change? It would be nice to see more entertaining television, but with so many naive girls watching this crap it would be stupid for them to stop airing it.

You couldnt get a better place to flog your skin whitening crap to them, poor misguided souls.

it's not only a "Thai thing", it's more "asian" in general, I saw that even in developed places like Singapore:

- You simply DO NOT step out of line, you go with the flow (what the boss says or what you think he wants based on past experience).

- You only move (a little bit...) when told and also then only in the direction you are told and then you watch carefully how your seniors respond as you feel pretty insecure in that uncomfortable situation...

- if you do move once in a while you always feel "oh, that's very hard; having to think, form an opinion, maybe answer questions, move and take responsibility... soooooo much easier to follow....."

Innovation, striving for improvement is alien to very large parts of Asian societies, absolutely surely in Thailand, it's neither appreciated, many times not even tolerated, try to step out of line and you will become an alien (unless "higher places" did "politically sanctioned, promote or demand it - then of course all comes back to the pack following that "new stream" again...)

If international companies would not produce cars here there would be no cars in Thailand, I am sure of that...

Edited by TTom911
  • Like 2

I can live with the repetitious plots.

I can live with the effeminate blokes poncing around.

I can live with the constant fighting and guns.

But.....PLEASE get rid of the dubbed cartoon sound effects, they drive me to utter distraction!!!! facepalm.gif

Wa...wa....waaaaa. Booooiiinggg!!