Any ideas for a car dashboard mount mobile telephone bracket -source/supply?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Core (Duos) mobile and I am looking for a DASHBOARD mount kit/. (not a window) device so I can use my mobile as a GPS device for driving around on trips!

In my previous car I had a singing and all dancing GPS/DVD player fitted in the dashboard. (was great) and a great price to/.

I am now more aware as to most routes/places to get around in Thailand now after 5 years driving.

I have downloaded Sygic map on my mobile and seems to work ok! maps not 100% but good enough for general help directions etc, when I am not sure and Zulex don't make a in dash player yet? (on it's way). Ford Ecosport.

I bought a cheap mount - but it won't stick to my Ford dashboard (seems very rough and pimples on the surface). I would like the phone near me, not a long way a way on the windscreen. I don't really want to get out my glue pot and stick it there for good yet? being a new car? (may have to later though).

Looked on the internet?

Somebody out there must have a good one (experience that actually holds on well)- or otherwise found a good one that will (work) and sticks (holds properly to the dashboard).

$T2eC16N,!y0E9s2S5uC+BRz-KllvZ!~~60_12.J

Please let me know what you have found out there (preferably) I can buy in Thailand not on the internet (and risk the same) not working again.

cheers - I appreciate any help you can give me! thumbsup.gif

You might try a store that sells Garmin or other GPS units as they should have a dash base of the sand or bean bag type. I have one out of the country but it is heavy enough to stay in place without sliding around and obviously would fit any surface design and contour. As a back up play you could probably make one out of cloth with sand small ball bearings and affix the base unit to it to hold the phone.

I had one like that @Fredik,

can't recall the name, but it fouled/got fouled by the dashboard vent's fins when they were set to auto-swing

Edited by tifino

There is a shop in QSNCC bottom floor near the front (Rachada / Asoke) of the building as you enter - not far from Starbucks / True Cafe etc or the foodcourt (cant remember exactly area) but in that that has a bunch of these of varying designs.

Hi There/.

I think i,ve solved the problem now, on my Ecosport there is a small window between the mirror and front of the door - just above the dashboard - so I can fix a flexible window mount one onto this area and it will rest on the dashboard ok. I have seen them (this type) for sale at the Mall, fixing to the windscreen type, Hopefully it is out of the direct sunlight and will stay put.

I,ll get one and give it a try. otherwise what I found on internet this one seems very good. (if helpful to others)

Montar by Winnergear car mount

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MONTAR-By-WinnerGear-Car-Mount-For-iPhone-5-Works-With-Otterbox-Defender-Case-/151055196793?

pt=US_Mounts_Holders&hash=item232b976279

Anyway thanks for your help

cheers

I had one like that @Fredik,

can't recall the name, but it fouled/got fouled by the dashboard vent's fins when they were set to auto-swing

...or you can turn off the auto-swing.

but I like the auto-swing!! passifier.gif.pagespeed.ce.4LsapYv4zC.gi , and I'd be defeating the purpose of having the vent feature by disabling it.

Anyhows, since then we have now an SX4:

So went back to a suction cup, because:

In the SX4, the driver's quater-window is perfect, in that the gps:

is out of the way,

not needing us to far-reach to the sloped windscreen, and

sheltered from continuous sun exposure.

With a bit if fiddling and adjusting, the gps mount can be:

partially rested on the far-right on dash to reduce vibration,

giving steadier and

a conveniently closer-to-reach operating platform.

Edited by tifino