B visa run to KL

Advice needed. I'm currently on a triple entry tourist visa that is coming to an end on 8th August. I have now sorted out a job here and the company have prepared the Non B paperwork for me and the O paperwork for my husband. He has no plans to work here so doesn't need a B visa we will be living off my employment income. Has anyone been to KL for this type of visa? If so what was your experience? I'm terrified we will be stopped and won't be allowed the visa and then wouldn't be allowed a tourist visa to get back in and get our stuff to leave the country. I'm just so scared as they change the requirements daily my non B paperwork won't be enough or my husbands O paperwork won't be enough despite the assurance from my employer it will be fine. Does anyone have any experience of this? I'm flying Phuket to KL.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Penang might be a better place.

Be sure to apply for the WP before you go and get a letter of approval and wp3 form from the labour office.

RE: WP3 form..... I didn't need one a few months ago, a letter from DOE (I think) now seems to be the way.

Penang might be a better place.

Be sure to apply for the WP before you go and get a letter of approval and wp3 form from the labour office.

RE: WP3 form..... I didn't need one a few months ago, a letter from DOE (I think) now seems to be the way.

Visa application criteriae for teachers are completely different and vary markedly from other employment types - see MFA notes linked below Section 2.4.

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

A letter of approval for the work permit application is now needed a Wp3 is not enough now if working for a company.

I would skip KL for any visa application.

Penang would be a much better choice.

Well I am hearing conflicting stories about Penang that if you get the documents in Penang people are having more trouble getting back in from there and its difficult to fly from Phuket to Penang and I won't do tour buses. The documents mean nothing to me as they are all in Thai so its difficult for me to verify exactly what's what but I'll try and get someone to look at it for me who can read Thai. Thanks

Well I am hearing conflicting stories about Penang that if you get the documents in Penang people are having more trouble getting back in from there and its difficult to fly from Phuket to Penang and I won't do tour buses. The documents mean nothing to me as they are all in Thai so its difficult for me to verify exactly what's what but I'll try and get someone to look at it for me who can read Thai. Thanks

Penang works, KL doesn't.

If you want to fly, there is Firefly, or else go to Singapore, their document list is very specific and they are tough, but you will get a 90 day Single Entry Non Immigrant 'B' Visa there with the correct paper work.

Penang (and maybe Khota Bharu) is pretty much the only place in the region where you can also get a One Year Multiple Entry Non 'B', providing you have > 8 months validity on your work permit.

You will almost certainly waste your time and money in going to KL, up to you.

Edited by digitalchromakey

So you are saying I can't get the single entry non B at KL on the website it says I can? I can't get a multiple entry until after I get a WP and I can't get the WP until I have a non B