Pattaya is Perfect

thailiketoo

What beers do they serve?

If you like German wheat beers then it is worth it, dont order the biggest glass as it is flat by the time you get to the end !

Pizzas are good too, but unless you are on the beach road, getting to it by car can be a pain.

Not true, you can park in the royal garden shopping mall just a few yards up.

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like German wheat beers then it is worth it, dont order the biggest glass as it is flat by the time you get to the end !

Pizzas are good too, but unless you are on the beach road, getting to it by car can be a pain.

Drive to Royal Gardens next door and park in the mall inside parking lot. 10 baht. That's one of the nice things about going in the low season. No traffic and lots of parking.

I especially loved the part about the old punters and ladyboys.

Like any part of thailand,life is how you make it.

Have done it all the walking street,shadier sois blah blah and love the city if it's there to be had then pattaya is the place to be,along with most other tourist traps all over thailand itself,glad that you came and enjoyed yourself .clap2.gif

Went to Pattaya last night for dinner and a night out. The clickbaiters and bashroos would have you believe that the town is slow or tourism is down. Maybe But...........

It's perfect now.

"It's perfect now."

shhh2.jpg

"The clickbaiters and bashroos ..."

Shhh! We don't want THEM to know or else THEY will insist on coming here and ... there goes the neighborhood.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Have done it all the walking street,shadier sois blah blah and love the city if it's there to be had then pattaya is the place to be,along with most other tourist traps all over thailand itself,glad that you came and enjoyed yourself .clap2.gif

Agree 100%. Been coming here to Pattaya for 22 years and never had a problem; had some great nights out.

Have had a couple of problems during nights out in Bangkok, but even there they were of my own making.

I would paraphrase Dr Johnson who said, "“Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life". True also of Pattaya in my opinion.

Edited by DoctorB
  • Like 1

Pattaya is perfect if you come to Thailand to eat pizza and drink German beer. Makes sense. Nowt wrong with that, but it's something that could also be done in, say, Köln or München .... or, London, or New York, or Melbourne ... or, Chiang Mai, or Hat Yai, or Udon Thani. Surely there's something else to the place? wai2.gif

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

Pattaya is nice during low season for the very reasons thailiketoo stated, not too crowded, easy access and lighter traffic... I prefer low season visits over trying to face the crush of people during high season... Some here are being intentionally pedantic or are just being twits...

I was looking at the fondue and the hundreds of chocolates on display at the, "Melt It" and the 16 or so different kinds of gelato when these two giant lady boys walked into the mall. The old fellas were not tall and shuffled a bit but the LB's were tall enough with the heels to play in the NBA. The LB's were dressed in contemporary cheer leading outfits. I would have taken a photo but my wife was poking me in the ribs telling me not to stare.

• Like 1

Pattaya is nice during low season for the very reasons thailiketoo stated, not too crowded, easy access and lighter traffic... I prefer low season visits over trying to face the crush of people during high season... Some here are being intentionally pedantic or are just being twits...

So true. When too many people crowd the place the costumes get lost in the crowd. It's not going to be there forever. One day the mainstream holier than thou folks will find out about the place and the crescendo of tut tut and tsk tsk will shatter all the windows. Pattaya was the only place that glitterman fit right in.

post-187908-0-37017200-1405859045_thumb.

Depends on where you go and who you are with that makes a place. I was there with friends, but outside of the tourist areas. Pretty nice markets near the water and nice parks and lots of seafood.

Good to hear there is good German beer there.

Not true, you can park in the royal garden shopping mall just a few yards up.

Parking is ok, it's just getting there, wife seems to like it at 6 pm on a Friday or Saturday

OK Thailike, you went to Hopf and liked it. Congrats.

... And that makes "Pattaya Perfect" ?

So it begins . . . .

As Magnus Magnusson would say, "He's started so I'll finish..."

I refuse to partake of anything at the Hopf House as they cordon off about 100' of perfectly usable kerbside parking on Yamato FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON and still have steel barriers so they can block the pedestrian crossing outside the front door so that someone who has a crappy old BMW can always park there.

Having said that, I am very glad that the OP found positives on his night out in Pattaya. It is a fine city apart from the knobheads (sic).

Agree 100%. Been coming here to Pattaya for 22 years and never had a problem; had some great nights out.

Have had a couple of problems during nights out in Bangkok, but even there they were of my own making.

I would paraphrase Dr Johnson who said, "“Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life". True also of Pattaya in my opinion.

You are seriosly comparing Pattaya to London? Dear Lord.

• Like 1

You are seriosly comparing Pattaya to London? Dear Lord.

Well, both are full of wanabee immigrants who are unable or unwilling to integrate with the local population, preferring to retain their own customs, traditions and language.

Whoever said Pattaya is awful is a complete idiot and liar!

I have been all over the world many times over and I can say that Pattaya has everything to offer for everyone no matter who they are or what they want.

Once you go there once, u will be back sooner than you think .

• Like 2

I have been all over the world many times over and I can say that Pattaya has everything to offer for everyone no matter who they are or what they want.

Well, if you're looking for sexpats, ladyboys, dirty beaches and Russian mobsters, yes, I would agree that Pattaya has all of those.

• Like 2

Well, if you're looking for sexpats, ladyboys, dirty beaches and Russian mobsters, yes, I would agree that Pattaya has all of those.

That's just the hype, what about culture, countryside, cuisine ? There's more to Pattaya than meets the eye

One day ,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In order to discover what the real Pattata has to offer, you must know a local who can take you out of the Sex dens and explore the beauty and grace of its real people and its beautiful gardens and beaches and great food.

If you want to confine yourself you Walking Street, then you only see 1 % of what Pattata has to offer.

Seek and you shall find.

Pattaya has some of the most beautiful women in the world and they are willing to talk to me. Pattaya has some of the most beautiful ladyboys (see photo) in the world and they like to talk to me. I like guys like Francois Hollande, Dominique Strauss Kahn, Francois Mitterrand and Bill Clinton and JFK to name a few. They have some good stories.

I've never met a Russian mobster in Pattaya. Just guessing, I would say a person has a better chance of meeting a man from mars in his spaceship as odds go. If you want a clean beach go South a bit.

Given about a million folks in Pattaya how many are Russian mobsters as a percent?

post-187908-0-82664900-1405863912_thumb.

Edited by thailiketoo

I've lived in Jomtien for around 8 years off and on. Maybe my idea of perfect are a bit higher than OP. Plenty to frustrate and make angry (like friends wife getting killed due to poor driving, and so on), but there are good things too. I would say "above average". Beats hanging out at a mall in USA.

• Like 1

Pattaya has some of the most beautiful women in the world and they are willing to talk to me.

C'mon! It doesn't even have the most beautiful women in Chonburi. Besides, the most beautiful women in Pattaya are all blokes. giggle.gif

If you want a clean beach go South a bit.

That's true. thumbsup.gif

007_zps08f76a01.jpg

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

I remember my first night out too and wanting to tell the whole world about it. Ooohh, look at me everyone, I had a night out and am now going to tell a bunch of strangers on the internet what I had for dinner. Did you take pictures of it too and put it up on facebook? You did, didn't you.

Anyhow, glad you enjoyed it. I went there years back and don't have fond memories, but I think I wil give it another go soon. I'd kind of forgot about the place.

Actually it was my one thousand and fifty second night out in Pattaya. I lived there for a number of years. My first time there was in 1968. Not much to write home about then. 2 bars one hotel that I remember. How about you?

Wow ! That's awesome I was first there in 1978 for a footie trip and big changes since then as well......

And I was there the first time in 1988. Stayed right where Hopf is today. Used to be the Meridien hotel back then. Those were the days.....rolleyes.gif

I've eaten in Hopf only twice over the years. The first time must have been between 15-20 years ago and the last time a few months back. I was disappointed both times so will probable wait another 15-20 years until I try it again. biggrin.png

The Italian singer/manager(?) has been there for ages. He still has a great voice though, actually the best singer I've ever heard live. It's worth the trip just to hear him sing during the weekends.

Apparently things are quite a bit more aggressive there for men than for women. I went to Pattaya with my elderly mother and had a great time. My son went there this week and emailed me that he couldn't believe I'd sent him to such a place. A ladyboy on the street literally grabbed my son's genitals through his pants (I told him he was probably pickpocketing him at the same time, but the wallet was still there) and a bar girl charged him 500 baht to say to her "I don't really wan't to talk, thanks" and said "you pay NOW". I know this stuff happens, I guess I never experienced such aggressive weirdness anywhere but in Jamaica (strong arming to pay more) and I traveled all over Thailand. Sad.

YES "Pattaya is Perfect".................if you like filthy beaches with deckchairs, jetskis, scammers, ugly unrestricted building, a forest of awful advertising signage, rubbing shoulders with sexpats in wife beater singlets, skanky tattooed hookers, aggressive drunk Russians, sleazy Indians, ladyboys on the make, stalls of useless tourist crap.......go for it.

• Like 1

My son went there this week and emailed me that he couldn't believe I'd sent him to such a place. A ladyboy on the street literally grabbed my son's genitals through his pants (I told him he was probably pickpocketing him at the same time, but the wallet was still there) and a bar girl charged him 500 baht to say to her "I don't really wan't to talk, thanks" and said "you pay NOW".

Maybe you should have taught him some street survival skills when he was growing up?

Anyway, if he didnt have any before then he has had a very cheap crash course here, in relative safety, and that may stand him in good stead if ever he goes somewhere really dodgy.