Pattaya is Perfect

thailiketoo

YES "Pattaya is Perfect".................if you like filthy beaches with deckchairs, jetskis, scammers, ugly unrestricted building, a forest of awful advertising signage, rubbing shoulders with sexpats in wife beater singlets, skanky tattooed hookers, aggressive drunk Russians, sleazy Indians, ladyboys on the make, stalls of useless tourist crap.......go for it.

I totally concur. I live in Pattaya and I have no problem in admitting the place, in general, is an absolute disgrace. To label it the <deleted> of the world is a huge understatement. The place is filth from head to toe. Now saying that, it is also a heaven for many many people, an adult disneyworld, everything is available here, that's everything including some very top notch restaurants, and some very good places to take the children. Once out of mainstream Pattaya there are also some nice place to see and the mabprachan lake area on the darkside is also very pleasant. It just comes down to what you want and how you want to live your life.

• Like 1

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently things are quite a bit more aggressive there for men than for women. I went to Pattaya with my elderly mother and had a great time. My son went there this week and emailed me that he couldn't believe I'd sent him to such a place. A ladyboy on the street literally grabbed my son's genitals through his pants (I told him he was probably pickpocketing him at the same time, but the wallet was still there) and a bar girl charged him 500 baht to say to her "I don't really wan't to talk, thanks" and said "you pay NOW". I know this stuff happens, I guess I never experienced such aggressive weirdness anywhere but in Jamaica (strong arming to pay more) and I traveled all over Thailand. Sad.

Sounds like your son needed his mum to tag along! Maybe he is out of his depth if girls are taking him for hah-loy for non-chat. Mind you, it is the (lowest of) low season and the ones that are still there are probably pretty hard-core and desperate.

But, that's just Walking Street and Beach Road and you already know that is only about 0.000317% of Pattaya. He does need to get out more.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

YES "Pattaya is Perfect".................if you like filthy beaches with deckchairs, jetskis, scammers, ugly unrestricted building, a forest of awful advertising signage, rubbing shoulders with sexpats in wife beater singlets, skanky tattooed hookers, aggressive drunk Russians, sleazy Indians, ladyboys on the make, stalls of useless tourist crap.......go for it.

the real beauty of Pattaya is that you don't run into some Khun Loong alt=laugh.png>

As I said Naam, if that sort of shit is your thing, then go for it. I won't stop you because THAT is the real beauty of Pattaya: it concentrates all the worst of sex tourism in one area, all those creepy losers never venture far from the bar or brothel. And you are right, you won't run into me there. It's not meant for, non does it cater to me. Once was enough.

Edited by Khun Loong

The "perfect" referred to they amount of tourists now in Pattaya. Not too many to be crowded and not too few to force closure of entertainment venues. I don't like to rub shoulders with guys in singlets either. Now there is room for all on the sidewalks to walk and enjoy the town. I wouldn't recommend the beaches either. I used to live on the ocean in American and I'm used to nice beaches. I also used to live in the Rocky Mountains and I wouldn't recommend Pattaya for mountains.

Now the with the crowds gone the good looking ladies come out. Now with the crowds gone, means most of the Russians are gone too. Lady boys have always been in Pattaya and thanks to Tiffany's show the most beautiful lady boys in the world come to Pattaya.

During the slow season there is room for all; vendors and walkers and sitters and drinkers. The biggest attractions to me in Pattaya are the people and the food. If you know where to look Cuban cigars too. What more do you want? Fresh German beer, Authentic Italian pizza, French cuisine, Cuban cigars and Thai women?

The "perfect" referred to they amount of tourists now in Pattaya. Not too many to be crowded and not too few to force closure of entertainment venues. I don't like to rub shoulders with guys in singlets either. Now there is room for all on the sidewalks to walk and enjoy the town. I wouldn't recommend the beaches either. I used to live on the ocean in American and I'm used to nice beaches. I also used to live in the Rocky Mountains and I wouldn't recommend Pattaya for mountains.

Now the with the crowds gone the good looking ladies come out. Now with the crowds gone, means most of the Russians are gone too. Lady boys have always been in Pattaya and thanks to Tiffany's show the most beautiful lady boys in the world come to Pattaya.

During the slow season there is room for all; vendors and walkers and sitters and drinkers. The biggest attractions to me in Pattaya are the people and the food. If you know where to look Cuban cigars too. What more do you want? Fresh German beer, Authentic Italian pizza, French cuisine, Cuban cigars and Thai women?

You moved to Thailand to drink German beer, eat pizzas and smoke Cuban cigars. Interesting.

Pattaya is perfect if you come to Thailand to eat pizza and drink German beer. Makes sense. Nowt wrong with that, but it's something that could also be done in, say, Köln or München .... or, London, or New York, or Melbourne ... or, Chiang Mai, or Hat Yai, or Udon Thani. Surely there's something else to the place? wai2.gif

It's the variety available, all easily accessible. Although I do generally end up eating Thai food & drinking Dutch beer

we tried so hard to make everything cool

I come off FB a few years ago. It's for woman.

There is such a sort of pettiness to letting everyone know about every little thing you are doing. Really strikes me as a burning desire for fame. All those posts my friends constantly do. And did I mention my girlfriend too? Kind of bizarre. Beyond anything I understand. Maybe more a thing of youth? I do have a lot of older friends who post. So boring. So dull. I like Facebook messenger. Great app. But I have no time, nor interests in the dull posts.

Spidermike007

Pattaya is perfect if you come to Thailand to eat pizza and drink German beer. Makes sense. Nowt wrong with that, but it's something that could also be done in, say, Köln or München .... or, London, or New York, or Melbourne ... or, Chiang Mai, or Hat Yai, or Udon Thani. Surely there's something else to the place? wai2.gif

Sorry I missed this last night. It is the freedom among other things. I drive a motor scooter and I'm real old. I have good accident and health insurance (at a private hospital) on the scooter. I always go out with at least two women sometimes 6 or 8 and I'm real old. Sometimes I go out with beauty queens sometimes girl ones too and I'm real old.

I dress in a way that makes me feel comfortable, ya see I'm real old and comfort is more important in clothes than style and fashion at my age. I can afford good cigars and beer because I'm real old and I can't drink or smoke too much. Same goes for beauty queens.

When I was a kid strutting your stuff meant putting on a top hat, white tie and tails. Now, well, the only thing left is the tail. When I go to Pattaya you know I'm in Pattaya. I have en entourage. From the time I turned 60 I have lived in Thailand and now I'm real old. 60 is a good age for Thailand in general and Pattaya in particular.

I hope I have answered your question.

Apparently things are quite a bit more aggressive there for men than for women. I went to Pattaya with my elderly mother and had a great time. My son went there this week and emailed me that he couldn't believe I'd sent him to such a place. A ladyboy on the street literally grabbed my son's genitals through his pants (I told him he was probably pickpocketing him at the same time, but the wallet was still there) and a bar girl charged him 500 baht to say to her "I don't really wan't to talk, thanks" and said "you pay NOW". I know this stuff happens, I guess I never experienced such aggressive weirdness anywhere but in Jamaica (strong arming to pay more) and I traveled all over Thailand. Sad.

Your son sounds like quite a neophyte. Yes, there are aggressive ladyboys. We just politely shoo them away. And as far as aggressive bar girls go, if he was silly enough to give one 500 baht simply because she suggested she was owed, I have a very inexpensive bridge in Brooklyn I could sell him. He sounds young. He will learn to develop his discriminative faculties. Pattaya is a fun town. Amazing nightlife. And yes, the city is far more than walking street. I just left this morning, and on a 4 day trip never even bothered with walking street which is for some, but not for others. Have no problem with it but felt no need to see it again. Have any of you tried the 34th floor, open air rooftop bar at the Hilton at sunset? 290 baht net for two cocktails. Amazing spot. The town offers alot of good food, some really good expat guys living in Pattaya, and well, whatever else you are looking for.

Spidermike007

• Like 1

Your son sounds like quite a neophyte. Yes, there are aggressive ladyboys. We just politely shoo them away. And as far as aggressive bar girls go, if he was silly enough to give one 500 baht simply because she suggested she was owed, I have a very inexpensive bridge in Brooklyn I could sell him. He sounds young. He will learn to develop his discriminative faculties. Pattaya is a fun town. Amazing nightlife. And yes, the city is far more than walking street. I just left this morning, and on a 4 day trip never even bothered with walking street which is for some, but not for others. Have no problem with it but felt no need to see it again. Have any of you tried the 34th floor, open air rooftop bar at the Hilton at sunset? 290 baht net for two cocktails. Amazing spot. The town offers alot of good food, some really good expat guys living in Pattaya, and well, whatever else you are looking for.

Spidermike007

Yes, he is quite young, on his 2nd trip abroad alone. I think it's easy for those sitting on their computers to say what one should have done with the bar girl situation, but my brother (who was a national geographic photog who travelled all over the globe), a very big guy in his 30's, got his skull fractured after calling foul on a girl in Thailand demanding pay for talking to him in a bar. I told my son about this before he left. If 500 baht was the price he paid for learning to stay out of bars in Thailand, that's fine, and better than a skull fracture.

Edited by JenniferSG

Why is it that every time someone says something positive about Pattaya there's a *certain group* that can't help but to wade in with their words of wisdom?. Like many people on and off this forum, I could live anywhere in Thailand (or pretty much the rest of the world for that matter) I want to, but chose to live in Pattaya. Everything I want or need is in Pattaya, and it's not exactly a rocket science to simply not go to anywhere that isn't to your liking. It's a plenty big enough town with so many options for everything, to do so is easy.

There's people on this forum that live all over Thailand, some of them in places I'd rather be shot than have to call home. But there's no way would I (or anyone with an ounce of decency) bring this up in a post and ridicule their choice of a home address that suits their needs . If they're happy that's just great and I'm very happy for them. Why can't some people get this through their heads?.

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHEHE.

mAYBE I WILL REPLY WHEN I STOP LAUGHING

Ahh you missed it. I moved to Thailand to drink Fresh German beer and eat Italian pizza and French cuisine and smoke Cuban cigars with Thai women?

You see in my quest for excellence I have found I like German beer, Italian Pizza, French food, Cuban cigars and Thai women.

You can get all of those in most major cities around the world. They're hardly unique to Pattaya.

Sorry I missed this last night. It is the freedom among other things. I drive a motor scooter and I'm real old. I have good accident and health insurance (at a private hospital) on the scooter. I always go out with at least two women sometimes 6 or 8 and I'm real old. Sometimes I go out with beauty queens sometimes girl ones too and I'm real old.

Yes, I drive a motorcycle to and have a taste for Warsteiner. Again, neither are particularly unique to Pattaya.

Edited by rajyindee

Ahh you missed it. I moved to Thailand to drink Fresh German beer and eat Italian pizza and French cuisine and smoke Cuban cigars with Thai women?

You see in my quest for excellence I have found I like German beer, Italian Pizza, French food, Cuban cigars and Thai women.

You can get all of those in most major cities around the world. They're hardly unique to Pattaya.

Yes, I drive a motorcycle to and have a taste for Warsteiner. Again, neither are particularly unique to Pattaya.

I think you are the fourth guy who has failed to read, "Thai Women."

• Like 1

I only saw "beer" & "women", what else were you talking about ?

Not wishing to state the obvious but, along with Paulaner and pizza, "Thai women" are hardly unique to Pattaya.

Indeed not, but if entering an economic element into the equation Pattaya remains a pretty perfect place to enjoy them all.

Indeed not, but if entering an economic element into the equation Pattaya remains a pretty perfect place to enjoy them all.

I don't believe Paulaner and/or pizza is any cheaper in Pattaya than anywhere else in the country. And certainly not when purchased in The Hopf.

Thai women. There are women and there are Thai women. Not same same.

I don't believe Paulaner and/or pizza is any cheaper in Pattaya than anywhere else in the country. And certainly not when purchased in The Hopf.

Thai women in Pattaya (quality and quantity). Deal of the century especially during the slow season. Women who would not have given me a second look a couple of months ago are now smiling sweetly and turning on the blue light special offers. "Short and tan and young and lovely the girl from Issan goes walking and when she passes each one she passes goes ahhh."

Edited by thailiketoo

Thai women. There are women and there are Thai women. Not same same.

That must be the "economic element" the other guy was hinting at. Pattaya is Perfect (for some) because of the affordability of the 3 Ps (Paulaner, pizza and prozzies). Why didn't you just say that in the first place? wai2.gif

Edited by rajyindee
  • Like 1

Not wishing to state the obvious but, along with Paulaner and pizza, "Thai women" are hardly unique to Pattaya.

The number and density of available Thai rentals however is quite unique to Pattaya.