Lawyer/visa Assistance In Phuket

simon43

My existing (and good) lawyer is in BKK, where I lived for a few years. Now that I live in Phuket I want to find good local lawyer who can assist with company and visa matters.

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer? I'm British, so I prefer to find a lawyer who is also reasonably familiar with the relevant rules/regulations/processes of the UK embassy. (eg as per exporting from the UK to Thailand, visitor visas to the UK, etc etc).

Thanks - Simon

PS - I live near the airport but a lawyer in Phuket town or Patong is ok.

I know a good, honest, professional, Thai lawyer in Patong. I would say that her speciality is more book keeping, company formation and accounts, land dilligence, etc.. I dont think she would be anything to do with criminal law but many expat businesses use her for the basics. Budget minded but still professional service is how I see her market / nieche.

If thats interesting her name is Khun Joy and she has an office on Nanai Rd (near Icon Hotel) 076346149.

My existing (and good) lawyer is in BKK, where I lived for a few years. Now that I live in Phuket I want to find good local lawyer who can assist with company and visa matters.

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer? I'm British, so I prefer to find a lawyer who is also reasonably familiar with the relevant rules/regulations/processes of the UK embassy. (eg as per exporting from the UK to Thailand, visitor visas to the UK, etc etc).

Thanks - Simon

PS - I live near the airport but a lawyer in Phuket town or Patong is ok.

My advice is to steer clear of Khun Joy !

She does help out a lot of the farangs but is only interested in the gullible sort, if you already have a business (i.e. know a bit about Thai law already) it is likely that she will not be interested in working with you.

The best one is Siam Legal who are also in Patong, they have an office in the Andatel Hotel on Rath-U-Thid Road. 076 345277. www.siam-legal.com

The owner is an American guy, mainly works out of the Bangkok office but regularly visits Phuket. I think he also has an British guy working for/with him. Staff there are pretty good.

There is nothing wrong with Khun Joy except that she is very busy, hence not always easy to get a hold of.

I use Surasak(076256031) in Phuket town. He's good and has an excellent staff. If you have a real business they're accounting is also excellent. Pretty Painless. They're also good with spurious legal hassles if they come up. A real lawyer in other words.

I wonder how an american and a brit can practice law here! Seems like you'd want a sympathetic native thai.

Edited by kasi

I had some second hand dealings with Surasak.. He struck me as very unprofessional, missed appointments, blew out dates and didnt follow up on time critical things that he claimed he was on top of. Would have totally blown a legal case and failed in what he was contracted to do if the person involved in the case hadnt happed to follow up outside of the channel of information from Surasak and discovered that hearings were happening in days and none of the appeals etc had been lodged.

I dont know about Khun Joy only wanting gullible farangs can only say shes held in high regard for book keeping / clerical type legal service by people I know. Her prices seemed fair and in line with other local service.

I had some second hand dealings with Surasak.. He struck me as very unprofessional, missed appointments, blew out dates and didnt follow up on time critical things that he claimed he was on top of. Would have totally blown a legal case and failed in what he was contracted to do if the person involved in the case hadnt happed to follow up outside of the channel of information from Surasak and discovered that hearings were happening in days and none of the appeals etc had been lodged.

I dont know about Khun Joy only wanting gullible farangs can only say shes held in high regard for book keeping / clerical type legal service by people I know. Her prices seemed fair and in line with other local service.

Unprofessional, missed appointments... sounds a bit like Joy ! Sorry, not nice but true !

Belmont Limcharoen, way over the top expensive, typical western lawyers charging western prices, only interested in property. Will charge you 80,000 baht to answer a question, as they tried to do with me. Think they call it "research".....

Dont know Tillek & Gibbons so cant comment on that one.

Eric Snyder is a great guy!! He is an American and has been here about 30yrs and runs Jairak Enterprises. His Thai lawyers and staff are excellent. The company does everything promptly and professionally. The office is in Phuket town. 076219061. This crowd is extremly helpful. Went there this week to pick up company papers in order to purchase a motorbike. They sat myself and the seller down and filled in all the paperwork required, quite unexpected and no charge. Bumped into Eric a few weeks back at lunch, he left after a brief hello how is it. When we went to leave the staff informed us that he had taken care of the bill. Again unexpected. Highly recomend the firm.