My Moto G now has 4.4.4 latest Android update

For a £99 (5,000b) phone I have to say totally happy with my Motorola Moto G purchased from Tesco (UK). This morning had the update to 4.4.4, brilliant. I would buy another Motorola again (presuming this continues with the new owners) Never again for a low or medium budget Samsung. Wife's Samsung is still on Jellybean even though Samsung have recently released a '2' version of her phone with Kitkat (seems same spec though)

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the heads up, updating mine now, though to be honest, every time I've updated android before I've lost something I liked. Incidentally, that's a great price, is it unlocked? I bought the 1033 dual sim from china for £150, unlocked. I have to say, for the price, this is the most awesome phone ever.

Thanks for the heads up, updating mine now, though to be honest, every time I've updated android before I've lost something I liked. Incidentally, that's a great price, is it unlocked? I bought the 1033 dual sim from china for £150, unlocked. I have to say, for the price, this is the most awesome phone ever.

I got it from Tesco (UK) I actually paid £89 because I used a £10 online shopping discount .. and then got a code unlock for £2.99 off EBay. Vodafone are still doing offers around £99 but I'm not 100% sure they are vanilla Android or packed with vodashit!

Google still gives Lenova (Owner of Motorola now) first updates.

My Sony Z1 has this 4.4.4 update for a month already. :P So Motorola comes 3rd, (after the Nexus devices and Z1 and perhaps few other Sony models).

Google still gives Lenova (Owner of Motorola now) first updates.

My Sony Z1 has this 4.4.4 update for a month already. :P So Motorola comes 3rd, (after the Nexus devices and Z1 and perhaps few other Sony models).

Actually the Moto G in the States got 4.4.4 about 6 weeks ago. It's been rolling out to other countries. There is also the subtle difference of approx 15,000baht in price. My Moto G cost 5,000baht your Sony Z1 20,000baht. But we are both happy, so all is good!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nope. No problems. But I haven't downloaded many apps since upgrade. Maybe tell me what apps and I will try them see if problems.

This is my upgrade :

2014 MotoGP Calendar

The one by developer 'bitpocket' works fine. It may have been updated since you downloaded.

I've had to delete that one, I've had it three years but just recently it's turned into an adfest! My main problem turns out Play Store would not update over data, soon as I connected to wi/fi it updated and everything is now hunky dory,

What are some of the highlights of 4.4.4? I had heard it had a stricter DRM profile. Any signs of enhanced filtering? My Zenphone 5 is supposed to update sometime in the near future.

No idea what your talking about ..lol. all I know is it works.

Me neither, way over my head.

What are some of the highlights of 4.4.4? I had heard it had a stricter DRM profile. Any signs of enhanced filtering? My Zenphone 5 is supposed to update sometime in the near future.

.FLAC files play without white noise is the biggest for me. OpenSSL bugs were fixed in 4.4.2 > 4.4.3/4.4.4.

My network signal isn;t as good as with 4.4.4 as 4.4.2.