Rice cooker

erpan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I think about it, the more I believe the guy has an online shop selling rubber feet for rice cookers.

Don't get me started with Irons...

I've got to check everything now. Waffle maker, Sandwich Toaster, Toaster, Kettle, Microwave glad I haven't got one of those George Foreman Grills.

What is wrong with a George Foreman Grills ? had mine 20 year, so far never slipped off anywhere still in cupboard just been to check.

• Like 2

I would hazard a guess that our OP is Swedish, probably from Vastra Gotaland.

EDIT Well look at that, I guessed right smile.png

Is this an area of regular heavy earthquakes, which makes it necessary to have anti-slip feet, or even better screw it down?

The more I think about it, the more I believe the guy has an online shop selling rubber feet for rice cookers.

Don't get me started with Irons...

I've got to check everything now. Waffle maker, Sandwich Toaster, Toaster, Kettle, Microwave glad I haven't got one of those George Foreman Grills.

What is wrong with a George Foreman Grills ? had mine 20 year, so far never slipped off anywhere still in cupboard just been to check.

Just be careful it doesn't jump out and punch you!

• Like 1

Do you use this rig with your yoghurt maker as well JL? Wouldn't want a run away yoghurt maker either. Perhaps you should check the rubber feet on that as well just to be safe.

Perhaps those with older rice cookers, may now wish to launch an investigation into the deterioration of said feet, as it clearly is an issue worth attention.

All photos of rubber feet on all appliance welcome on this thread.

Oz

I contacted hitachi in thailand and later they confirmed it does not have any anti slip feet and attached a picture of the same model and its also lacking the anti slip feet.

...anyone else here has a hitachi rice cooker and if it is missing anti slip feet or if hitachi just said so out of laziness to provide me with those anti slip.

So you contacted Hitachi and they sent you a photo to prove the normality of the situation. Yet you think they purposely selected a rice cooker without rubber feet for the photo they sent you.

To prove that your mistrust of Hitachi Thailand is fully warranted, you are now asking other rice cooker purchasers to share if their own rice cooker came without feet?

Is all the above correct ?

I dont let my mind get stuck to one possibility i analyzed the situation and came up with different scenarios. now it seems makers of rice cookers in thailand does not care about safety.

Boy, you have SUCH a compelling case based on your BRILLIANT analysis of the situation, you should IMMEDIATELY sue Hitachi in what ever international court you can imagine or EVEN raise a petition wth the UN security council... you will EASILY win!!!thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

get a life, think for 2 seconds, go to the next hardware store around the corner, buy yourself a rubber anti-slip pad and your problem is solved. passifier.gif

First step should be go to next hardware store around to buy some tools so that he can try to remove the rubbers from his old rice cooker. If they are not too much massacred by the removal and they also fit in the new cooker, the problem is solved ... no need to buy new rubbers then.

Tsk, tsk.

You guys are making light of a serious matter.

Carry on...

T

Never underestimate the importance of rubbers on / not on a rice cooker, especially on a quiet day.

There are scenarios imaginable where rubbers / no rubbers could be the difference between life and death of yourself and your beloved ones.

All we are doing in this forum is helping the OP analyzing the problem and giving solutions, not just for his sake but as a global improvement project for generations to come.

If your grandchildren survive the cooking of rice, think about this forum again, it might be thanks to us and the best solution for un-rubbered rice cookers.

This forum is famous for members instead of helping they start bashing them. That is because lack of control of mind, your mind is so bored so that it at first chance will post anyhthing even if not related to the first post. May i suggest a vippasana course that is something great that is available in thailand and it comes without rubber feet. Rubber feet is not alowed in the wat wink.png.

If you could step out of your mind for a second to just observe, honestly, you would actually laugh about it for some seconds.

Edited by erpan
  • Like 1

This forum is famous for members instead of helping they start bashing them. That is because lack of control of mind, your mind is so bored so that it at first chance will post anyhthing even if not related to the first post. May i suggest a vippasana course that is something great that is available in thailand and it comes without rubber feet. Rubber feet is not alowed in the wat wink.png.

If you could step out of your mind for a second to just observe, honestly, you would actually laugh about it for some seconds.

You are suffering from acute anal retention. Sweden might be a boring place but surely you have better things to do with your life than inspect your kitchen appliances for defects. Cooking rice is your wife's job let her get on with it and go down the pub or something.

Maybe another trip to Thailand would loosen you up a bit. Just tell the wife you have to go back to get the rubber feet!

• Like 2

If you could step out of your mind for a second....

Oh yeah, sure, and what makes you think any of us would be allowed back in? Didn't think of that one, did you, smarty pants?

• Like 1

Blimey! Having read this, I was compelled to run out to the kitchen to check if my rice cooker (Sharp) has rubber feet.

Aaarghhh!!! NO RUBBER FEET!

And it cost me more than 2000 Baht!

You'd think that at that price they could put non-slip rubber feet on the thing! Now I'm going to be worrying about it sliding off the worktop when I'm not looking.

Should I write Sharp a stiff letter?

Tsk, tsk.

Carry on...

T

Never underestimate the importance of rubbers on / not on a rice cooker, especially on a quiet day.

There are scenarios imaginable where rubbers / no rubbers could be the difference between life and death of yourself and your beloved ones.

All we are doing in this forum is helping the OP analyzing the problem and giving solutions, not just for his sake but as a global improvement project for generations to come.

If your grandchildren survive the cooking of rice, think about this forum again, it might be thanks to us and the best solution for un-rubbered rice cookers.

There are definitely situations where a rubber being on could save your life....and if you're that way inclined, your partner wearing a rubber could save your life.

Tsk, tsk.

Carry on...

T

Rubbers and grandchildren...now THAT brings back memories of when I was in a potentially amorous situation but lacking a necessary obbligato and was moved to paraphrase Richard III:

A rubber, a rubber! My kingdom for a rubber!

T

Throw it out and buy a new one. High spec models in Japan, with super thick metal pot, are $3-4 hundred USD! You can get 'em cheaper here. Buy at Robinson or Central and if you do't like it, "after you unpack it", you can return for full refund. I have a very nice Zojirushi I got for 4000 baht.

Edited by arunsakda

Throw it out and buy a new one. High spec models in Japan, with super thick metal pot, are $3-4 hundred USD! You can get 'em cheaper here. Buy at Robinson or Central and if you do't like it, "after you unpack it", you can return for full refund. I have a very nice Zojirushi I got for 4000 baht.

The OP has one of the high spec models. I think they are called thick black pot slow cookers. I think they are 3200 baht at Lazada.

High power 1,000 Watts. arrow_products.gif 11 program : Jasmine rice, white rice, brown rice, sticky rice, congee/boiled rice, cake, slow cook, steam, Japanese rice, sticky rice steaming, boiled brown rice. arrow_products.gif Slow Cook program: can set heating levels, high-low, and set timer up to 12.5 hours. arrow_products.gif ‘Steam’ program that can cook up to 60 minutes. arrow_products.gif Extra Big Super Steam Cap. arrow_products.gif Timer to cook congee/boiled rice in advance. arrow_products.gif Washable inner lid. arrow_products.gif Thick inner pot. arrow_products.gif Convection ditch inner pot. arrow_products.gif Timer for cooking rice in advance up to 12.5 hours.

Nice! More mode than we got. Ours fries Thai Jasmine to mush! お粥 mode (Jok) is OK but I only do Japonica or brown rice , so no problem here. Saw a website that says you can bake bread in a rice cooker, I'd rather hit the boulanger at Topps Market, but nice to know we have the wattage!

Edited by arunsakda

I use my Hitachi for stews and soups because I can set the timer (I'm old and forget when I'm cooking). For rice, my small Toshiba, it has a very thick pot and you can set it to start in the morning so fresh rice for breakfast. I've never found a better rice cooker RC-5MM. I cook all the rice for the Thais at work. Max is 3 cups. Around 2000 baht at Lotus.

I use my Hitachi for stews and soups because I can set the timer (I'm old and forget when I'm cooking). For rice, my small Toshiba, it has a very thick pot and you can set it to start in the morning so fresh rice for breakfast. I've never found a better rice cooker RC-5MM. I cook all the rice for the Thais at work. Max is 3 cups. Around 2000 baht at Lotus.

My 400 baht rice cooker has been used for pasta sauce, ribs, bratwurst and other things. Doesn't cook much rice since there are plenty of places that will make it much better than I could, and no dish washing, all around my house.

After 5 years of use I now find that it does not have rubber feet and will be forced to buy a new one before it kills me.sad.png

ATTENTION RICE COOKER USERS.

IF RUBBER FEET ARE ABSENT ON YOUR RICE COOKER YOU ARE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY DEMARCATE YOUR RICE COOKER AND DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING HAZARD NOTICE.

post-138519-0-26449500-1406302858_thumb.

If you require guidance to identify the presence of rubber feet, it is required you STOP USING YOUR RICE COOKER and seek expert advice on the internet.

Thank You For Your Kind Cooperation.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

ATTENTION RICE COOKER USERS.

IF RUBBER FEET ARE ABSENT ON YOUR RICE COOKER YOU ARE REQUIRED TO IMMEDIATELY DEMARCATE YOUR RICE COOKER AND DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING HAZARD NOTICE.

attachicon.gifdanger_rice.png

If you require guidance to identify the presence of rubber feet, it is required you STOP USING YOUR RICE COOKER and seek expert advice on the internet.

Thank You For Your Kind Cooperation.

This should have been posted at the start. Very important.