Israeli homosexual men hire Thai women as surrogate mothers

Scott

Israeli homosexual men hire Thai women as surrogate mothers At least nine babies have been born from Thai surrogate mothers hired by Israeli gay couples, Consular Department Director General Thongchai Chasawat confirmed Thursday.

Thai Rath Online quoted Thongchai as saying that the babies have been natural-born Thai citizens and problems occurred when their fathers wanted to take them back to Israel to give them Israeli citizenship.

The practices were learned by the Foreign Ministry when the Israeli men attempted to get travelling documents for the babies by seeking translations and endorsement of the travelling documents.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Israeli-homosexual-men-hire-Thai-women-as-surrogat-30239325.html

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.k-Kc5cy-DD.

Interesting.
There are a few countries that I know about where such paid surrogacy is legal: India and the U.S.A.

In the U.S.A. it would be more usual for gay fathers to be accepted. Probably a problem in India.

I don't know about Israel or Thailand.

In countries where the paid surrogacy is legal, yes, sometimes it is indeed quite difficult to deal with the citizenship issues of the babies.

The intention of both parties going into these free will transactions is that the babies will not be raised by the mothers.

Edited by Jingthing

I was all in favour of surrogate mothers until I learned about "factories" in Vietnam. Or was it Vietnamese women in Thailand?

Anyway, the women were somehow forced to pop out a baby a year. Making it a business is certainly immoral IMHO, and illegal in many countries.

It can be done well and it can be done poorly. There is a famous outfit in India that arguably is being done well, and even has a feminist perspective. They make a big effort to try to help the women use the windfall of money to change their families lives permanently. They don't always succeed of course but they try.

The payment for surrogacy is I think illegal in most countries. So then it gets messy if a national from such a country uses legal services in India, for example where it is legal, to get the citizenship set for the baby not to be India!

Edited by Jingthing