Non-Immigrant O Visa

I'm new on the forum here and have a question on the Non-immigrant O visa.

I'm currently working in Bahrain, but i have already gave in my resignation letter to the company and "hopefully" will be moving to Thailand Ayutthaya beginning of September if i can get the O visa.

As for that, i have contacted the Embassy saying that i wish to apply for the O visa based on the fact that i have My father "British" my step mother who's he newly married to "Thai", they're living now in Thailand.

I'm half thai and half British (holding British nationality and passport) , my Real mother is Thai nationality with Dual citizenship holding British and Thai passport

I was told from the Thai embassy in Bahrain that i'm not eligible for a non-im-O visa to visit family because i am over age (i'm 25)

Just wondering is there another way to get the non-im-O visa? the company i'm currently working for is willing to help in any way, letters / Salary certificate ect.

Any help/information would be highly appreciated from anyone who has knowledge or have experience doing the same thing.

Thanks

Edited by lordzelos

You can enter Thailand with Tourist visa or visa exempt.

When you have enough documentation (birth certificate, your mother's Thai ID card and tambieen baan, etc) to prove you're Thai by birth, Immigration can give you one year extension to stay. Then when you have obtained your Thai ID card first and Thai Paossport after, you can leave an re-enter using the Thai passport and stay as long you want.

You could get a non-o visa as returning Thai national if you can show some proof that your mother is Thai. You birth certificate and your mothers house book and ID card would be more than enough proof.

Where was you birth certificate issued?

If you can get that same proof you can apply for a one year extension of stay from any type of entry.

If you cannot get the non-o I suggest you get a tourist visa to give you time to get proof and apply for the extension.

Where was your birth certificate issued? I assume you don't have a Thai one.

If you can get a Thai birth certificate and get registered in house book you could then get a Thai ID card and passport.

The birth certificate would have to be issued by the embassy where you were born.

• Like 1