NCPO pushes ahead with plans to reorganize Thai beachfront areas

webfact

Will they "reclaim" the Military Golf Course at Khao Takiab (Hua Hin) I wonder, maybe a bit too close to home!

Isnt this on land that was already under the Infantry rather than public land? No mention of one of the worst places affected which is Koh Tao, although no doubt it will eventually be cleared.

The taxi drivers across from my office had their hut removed a few weeks ago. They could sit there all day long and do absolutely nothing ..... day after day after day .....just playing cards and dozing off. If i crossed the road and walked past to get some food, they would be on automatic pilot and just say 'taxi, taxi"! until it slowly dawned on them it was bloke from across the road! Now they have moved 50ft and sit under a bush ....... doing ........ absolutely nothing .....

You can take the driver out of the taxi stand ....... but not the taxi stand out of the driver!

5555 class, funny post mate, thanks

• Like 1

Nice beach photo. No rip off merchants ready to pounce on naieve first time travellers, offering towels and ski-jets, and broken ski-jets upon return from a nice day.

I wonder if this will take off?

Bye, bye to the East-Side of Pattaya's Walking-Street ! ! ! ! ! !

clap2.gif

Not before time the Thailand beaches and beach side areas are such a mess disused shacks disgusting, who would want to take their kids down to the beach to sit amongst the rubbish and garbage every ware and even builders rubbish just dumped at the side of the road, and plastic bags from 7/11 blowing all over the beach.

Nice beach photo. No rip off merchants ready to pounce on naieve first time travellers, offering towels and ski-jets, and broken ski-jets upon return from a nice day.

clap2.gif

But is that on beach land or is it on rocks. I think it will be very hard to eliminate half of walking street. especially as that is the side that all the good bars is on

I wish they'd look at sorting out the sewage issues on Koh Tao. I've just returned from a week there and, on some parts of the island, the smell of sh*t is overpowering. Added to that is the local taxi mafia and price fixing, meaning it's cheaper to get a train south from BKK than it is to do a kilometre by taxi on the island. I understand the cost of transporting fuel and goods from the mainland but some of the prices, especially basic food items, leaves a sour taste. And with the ever increasing construction and building up of coastal areas is ruining gulf life. How far will they go before it's too late?

• Like 1

How far will they go before it's too late?

Until they've all copied the copying copiers of uncaught qualifications to complete tasks, perhaps, and the other ASEAN countries have left Thailand for dead, with real qualifications???

If only the NCPO would put a fraction of that energy into chang protection,...including life imprisonment or death to anyone harming chang,....that would make me Happy!

Here we go again. Another illiterate member who obviously cannot read. The matter relates to the NCPO re-organising Thailand's beach front areas. Who cares what you asked three weeks ago, you probably received answers you didn't like and now are looking for persons who have the same delusional thoughts as you.

Whatever the general or other Junta leaders have in assets has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or you, however, I would suggest that he and his fellow officers intellect, actions and ability to manage and facilitate the policies mean more to the people of Thailand then what you are trying to intimate.

You state that you guess, yes that is exactly what you are doing, guessing and I find it offensive that you suggest that if they were allowed to discover evidence of mismanagement or obscure wealth that the evidence would disappear without a trace. I would suggest you be careful with your wording, as it could be deemed that you are alluding to the fact that the Junta would or could be acting in an illegal manner, neither of which you have any factual evidence to back.

Who are you to ask for transparency, are you a citizen of Thailand or just another Farang with a huge chip on his shoulder and writing garbage just to see yourself in print . What the military has completed and are undertaking is above and beyond what any party in government has ever undertaken, let alone completed in the past ten years. They are returning public property belonging to the Thai citizens and for which they have been denied for generations owing to corrupt official behaviour.

Instead of your assumptions and intimations you should be thankful that the killings have ceased, that Thai citizens are starting to benefit from the implemented policies and, in the long term, tourists both Asian and farang will be the beneficiaries of the beach reclamation and a general increase of tourists visiting Thailand and upon which Thai citizens depend so much.

But please tell us whose post you are answering ??? # ????--I agree with what you posted I think it was a poster who I answered.thumbsup.gif

clap2.gif

Would be pretty cool to sit in a bar and have a view of not only the usual entertaining weirdos going by, but a beach as well. Yeah, bulldoze it ! And while at it, completely stop the traffic at all times and have the beach (they'll have to build one, of course) go right up to the street itself. Reminds me of the times before the awful Central was built. There are far too few beer bars with sea view these days, I usually sit around soi 7-8 where there still are a few.

Looks like I am the only one with this opinion, but I want the deck chairs, parasols and cold drinks back to the beach.

Very happy to pay THB 200.- for a little comfort on the beach and a relaxing day.

• Like 1

clap2.gif

Would be pretty cool to sit in a bar and have a view of not only the usual entertaining weirdos going by, but a beach as well. Yeah, bulldoze it ! And while at it, completely stop the traffic at all times and have the beach (they'll have to build one, of course) go right up to the street itself. Reminds me of the times before the awful Central was built. There are far too few beer bars with sea view these days, I usually sit around soi 7-8 where there still are a few.

When you look back from the ferry pier you can see the beach does go up to walking street, as most of the properties are on stilts. From the boxing booth at the opposite end at the start of walking street you will see the beach goes under most businesses.

Looks like I am the only one with this opinion, but I want the deck chairs, parasols and cold drinks back to the beach.

Very happy to pay THB 200.- for a little comfort on the beach and a relaxing day.

Many Chinese-Russian will not pay for chairs, go to the south Jomptien where Russians occupy expensive condo's they take towels and food and drink to the beach and sit directly on the sand. Nothing wrong with it but locals do not gain from their holidays much.

My opinion is have patches of chairs/beds with toilet facilities / the rest a natural clean beach taken care of by the local authority.

How about cleaning up the tons of garbage and trash in the water FIRST! At its SOURCE!

Good call. Not to mention the port areas. I'm not talking industrial port areas... I'm talking piers like the one at Nathon or Bangrak (Samui). Or Don Sak. Disgusting. Effluent freely flowing amongst the truck tyres and plastic bags. This shouldn't occur anywhere... but especially at a "gateway" to a tropical island resort paradise. The (local) administrations have NFI. If the Thais ever felt embarrassment, you'd think this would do it... but instead they look right through it.

A post in violation of this public notice has been removed:

NCPO: All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial

Due to the fluid situation in Thailand and the pressure being placed on the media, Thaivisa will temporarily impose strict limitations on any comments that can be construed as being negative about the imposition of Martial Law or the Coup. Posters will also not be permitted to make references to the royal family.

It is the hope of Thaivisa that this will be a temporary situation. Thaivisa will continue to monitor the situation and it is our wish that in a short while we will be able to less strict in the policy concerning posting. Posts contravening the policy will be removed without notice.

Please exercise extreme care in your posts. The same rules applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Thaivisa Forum guidelines/rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

Thaivisa Forum Admin

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

alt=clap2.gif>

But is that on beach land or is it on rocks. I think it will be very hard to eliminate half of walking street. especially as that is the side that all the good bars is on

Already discussed at length here. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744601-pattaya-beach-to-be-reorganized/

Here we go again. Another illiterate member who obviously cannot read. The matter relates to the NCPO re-organising Thailand's beach front areas. Who cares what you asked three weeks ago, you probably received answers you didn't like and now are looking for persons who have the same delusional thoughts as you.

Whatever the general or other Junta leaders have in assets has absolutely nothing to do with the topic or you, however, I would suggest that he and his fellow officers intellect, actions and ability to manage and facilitate the policies mean more to the people of Thailand then what you are trying to intimate.

You state that you guess, yes that is exactly what you are doing, guessing and I find it offensive that you suggest that if they were allowed to discover evidence of mismanagement or obscure wealth that the evidence would disappear without a trace. I would suggest you be careful with your wording, as it could be deemed that you are alluding to the fact that the Junta would or could be acting in an illegal manner, neither of which you have any factual evidence to back.

Who are you to ask for transparency, are you a citizen of Thailand or just another Farang with a huge chip on his shoulder and writing garbage just to see yourself in print . What the military has completed and are undertaking is above and beyond what any party in government has ever undertaken, let alone completed in the past ten years. They are returning public property belonging to the Thai citizens and for which they have been denied for generations owing to corrupt official behaviour.

Instead of your assumptions and intimations you should be thankful that the killings have ceased, that Thai citizens are starting to benefit from the implemented policies and, in the long term, tourists both Asian and farang will be the beneficiaries of the beach reclamation and a general increase of tourists visiting Thailand and upon which Thai citizens depend so much.

Great post ..totally agree.

How about having a choice?

Before the deck chair mafia didn't let someone just sit on the sand.

Nothing against cold drinks, but what about these people who want to sell you some rubbish every 1.5 min (if there aren't much tourists)?

Having some middle way. max 2 chairs per 100 sqm. Not allowed to "own" the beach. People with own towel are also allowed.

Stands that sell cold drinks and bring it to you if you sign them. But no walking seller who disturb you?

Even the Junta cannot touch what was already there 30 years ago or more.

Only the many "extensions" in last 30 years could be removed.

If only the NCPO would put a fraction of that energy into chang protection,...including life imprisonment or death to anyone harming chang,....that would make me Happy!

Chang, is indeed in need of protection, as are humans. When resources are scarce and priorities set, I will opt for the protection of humans before our vulnerable animal neighbors.