Can "Thailand Happiness" bring back long lost tourist economy...?

Thailand did not lose the tourist trade...they ran it off...Tourist Authority must make a concerted effort to re-establish trust in their tourist industry...

The sanook factor left these shores long before the tourists.

The day of the internet and farang going home and telling their stories dont help, eg jet ski scams.

For those not coming for the ladies, plenty of better choices elsewhere in the region.

Som nam na.

• Like 2

Thailand must realize that closing borders DOES NOT make them more interesting

Also Thailand should look more friendly way how Europe is dealing with open borders. Now people staying more in own countries then before......giggle.gif

Unfortunately Thailand never learned how to deal with real tourists thats why all this mess. and confusion.

They like our money but not us........... trying to love their country.They only want more tourists (or"suckers" )

Everywhere they try to teach us their culture and have respect but they are not interested in our culture at all (I have example with my loving Thai g/f and their friends)

First of all Thai people must get experience as a tourist somewhere in the world first (it will not happened loooooong time)then starting to learn what law means from all of those offices and "officers" who trying to be higher then King.

To much mess , to much confusion , scare tactics, lack of real respect for guests or tourists treated like stupid cows to be just sucked .

On many occasions in Pattay and locals was complaining on business because westerners are not coming .They just desperately jumped with advertisement to Russians .

Look what happened in Jomtien...... restaurant menus in Russian , shops names in Russian ... even a small food stand add Russian menu contents in Russian where always was only in Thai.....never English before.

Enough is enough!

I was defending Thai's from all my heart against opinions of others from my two home countries but to be honest I must give up because I can not support discrimination .

Just to long list to mention specially those who are married with Thai's living in Thailand and never be fully accepted same way like we except Thai's in Australia or Poland .

It is hard to get married Thai to Australia but if the reason is true Australia treat Thai's with the same law and support as others. Nobody run in Australia for extensions or 1 Year visa extension for whole rest of their life and specially when you old and sick .

If Australia allow you to stay then you stay on the same principles as other citizens (you do not have to even become a citizen of Australia).

Now , because of all this mess in Thailand news spreads quickly everywhere.

People have hardship all over the world and if they can afford holiday staying overseas ...they do not want trouble with emigration officers (in bad mood) or to be confused not to mention. we have rights too and own dignity

(in Australia no border officer will shout on guest and it happened to my friend in Thailand airport because he dared to ask question) -------good example of respect... sad.png

I have spent 8 month studying Thai language and culture but I am loosing this feeling that I want to be part of this country and last thing in my older age is this stress . and confusion .

Life is short.. and I will not put my dignity under some Thai's "king" officers..coffee1.gif

Thai's !....

"First clean your house if you expecting guests" otherwise do not expect them to return....sorry.

You are not the only one in the world

Thailand....Still I love you but ... life must go on.....coffee1.gif

wai2.gif

P.S

In the latest news I heard that China is demanding free visa for their people in Thailand.....

I think Thailand is on good way to buy "Trojan horse" ......hmmmmm good luck!clap2.gif or maybe this way they finally learn culture of others

Edited by gigman

Thailand did not lose the tourist trade...they ran it off...Tourist Authority must make a concerted effort to re-establish trust in their tourist industry...

The sanook factor left these shores long before the tourists.

The day of the internet and farang going home and telling their stories dont help, eg jet ski scams.

For those not coming for the ladies, plenty of better choices elsewhere in the region.

thanks God there are still good numbers of tourist coming for ladies. ..Nana was crowed but not as packed as before.

Som nam na.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

gigman---- I feel you are a little confused about certain aspects --Lets take the last one first.

Free Visa Chinese , that means they will get what you are getting, they like you, will be able to come to Thailand and be given a 30 day---YES 30 DAY Visa... It doesn't mean they don't need a visa, it just means they do not have to apply for one in their own country before coming.

No Thai Person can do in Australia what you do here--- Jump on a plane get off in Sydney & have a holiday. Unlike your host's (The Thai's)--The Australians will demand interviews, checking of bank books, jobs, where are you staying ...etc etc. Then maybe a visa. How many single Thai men do you see in Australia -- Your rattling on about wives of Australians, they come under the Husbands umbrella. Do you really think a Single Thai guy could just wander in, rent an apartment & live the same sort of life you have chosen to do in this country---Oh yes I will just pop over to immigration to get an extension, The reason for staying being....I like it here.

I don't know you start to ramble here --"restaurant menus in Russian , shops names in Russian ... even a small food stand add Russian menu" Melbourne is the 2nd largest Greek city in the world, the last time I ate there, the waiter had to help me out with the Greek menu---& certainly no one in that restaurant was speaking English. Been to the Lebanese area's of Sydney at all...? The Australians call this Multicultural, its quite accepted. & I think acceptable. Should the only foreign language spoken or written in Thailand be yours --gigman

"Unfortunately Thailand never learned how to deal with real tourists thats why all this mess. and confusion. They like our money but not us...." Oh dear you poor old Farrang gigman... Maybe Thailand can take some tips from our country----which is 15 times larger & managed to get 6 million Tourist against Thailand's 22 Million. & the largest tourist group to come to Australian are from .......?? ...well they do have it down as Kiwi's, but we know that's a lot of one way tickets..... Yes its China gigman....the country your warning Thailand not to take.

"no Australia no border officer will shout on guest and it happened to my friend in Thailand airport". Did someone speak badly to your Farang friend gigman ??? well that's even more irrefutable proof that you should probably look for sunnier shores , even though you have done the right thing & studied their culture for 8 months in Pattaya. ................. Good luck where ever you decide to relocate to...............coffee1.gif

..... just watch out for those Russians writing their menus up in their own language,

Edited by sanuk711
  • Like 1

Life living in Thailand is paradise compared to what my family and friends have to endure in the UK. On so many levels it is paradise. Cheap everything and an easy life, sunshine and beech or beautiful countryside everyday. But that’s living here once you have learned where to go, what to do, and who to keep away from.

As a tourist alone or with family you are walking into a nightmare from start to finish. Not one of my friends who visited or new friends for the last year wants to come back. The main reasons; they are constantly being over charged. Don’t feel wanted here by Thais. Service level nil.

They will all go home and tell their family and friends, I can only talk about UK, I cannot speak for other countries but I don’t think the feeling will be that different.

The last 3 months news coming out of Thailand has not been a good advert. The Thai people have lost any idea of service and if they learned some it would be brilliant. They will not take any advice from us, even to the point of them starting an argument with you for trying to help. So leave them to it.

They really don’t care about tourist having a wonderful holiday here, the tourist just keep coming because of sand and sea and sun. They don’t have to think too much, so they don’t.

It’s very frustrating to watch because it could be so much better for everyone