Bangkok Main Train Station

ampursong

Next month my wife and I will be comming to thailand....after arriving we need to stay in a hotel very close to the main train station....The next day we will tavel from bangkok to Den Chai in northern thailand...

Can anybody please give me the names of some decent hotels very close to the main train station that also are not super expensive..... Thanks

Next month my wife and I will be comming to thailand....after arriving we need to stay in a hotel very close to the main train station....The next day we will tavel from bangkok to Den Chai in northern thailand...

Can anybody please give me the names of some decent hotels very close to the main train station that also are not super expensive..... Thanks

Bangkok Centre Hotel is opposite the main train station. Its about Bt 1500 double. From Don Muang airport you can walk across a walkway to Don Muang train station. Take a train to the main station about 40 minutes. No traffic jams.

You can also take trains to Den Chai straight from Don Muang train station. there is information on the web about times etc

Beautiful scenery between Uttaradit and Den Chai.

I never managed to book into the Bangkok centre hotel opposite the railway station. I usually stay at the Prince Palace, Bobay tower, off Krung Kasem road, I book with Greenwood travel, website and offices in Bobay tower, 1100 baht with buffet breakfast. Bus 53 on Krung Kasem road takes 5 min to Hualampong train station (don't try to take bus 53 in the other direction at hualampong, bus does not pass by train station