Water Pump

TPUBON

Hi guys,

I'm hoping someone will know how to do this.

I have a Lucky Star water pump. Model LSC 250 EA. I have tried to remove the electric motor with no success. I removed the four mounting bolts, jiggled the motor while pulling, pulled the motor while prying and then jiggled, pulled, pried and cussed. Nothing worked. It's like the shaft going into the pump is seriously stuck.

Anyone ever have this problem?

Thanks

Tpubon

I am going to Buriram on Saturday and I will ask the owner Pichai of Ruangsangthai Builders Merchants how to solve this problem. While I own and have had over eight years service from a Hitachi water pump and a Hitachi Water Pump, the made in Korea Luckystar LSC line of water pumps are very popular in Buriram. Is your Luckystar still covered under the warranty? I've had warranty and after the 5 year warranty work done by Ruangsangthai on my own water pumps. There may in fact be an authorized Luckystar repair dealer in your area who have the training and spare parts provided by Luckystar.

post-20604-0-78069100-1406299857_thumb.j

post-20604-0-93990200-1406300144_thumb.j

The pump is 7 years old. Ubon is probably the closest place where someone might know about pumps. Right now it's pumping but very little pressure. Thanks for checking.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Today I spoke with Pichai Ruangsuksriwong, the owner of Ruangsangthai Buriram Hardware Builders Merchants Store located across from the Buriram Provincial Electricty Authority Office Building on Highway 2074. He is very familiar with that Luckystar water pump. That particualr model LSC 250 EA has been cloned under license to a company called Sumoto Corporation and sold as the DNA PC-250-D. Pichai sells never models of Luckystar water pumps but also sells and services the DNA PC-250-D. He had a staff sales woman, not a water pump repair person, point to the bolts on the DNA water pump. He mentioned his water pump repair staff would unbolt the impeller first, and then the mechanical seal which is rubber and springs would need to be removed. (My interpetation of a technical explanation) On a newer pump the mechanical seal would be re-installed, but often on an older pump it is necessary to install a replacement mechanical seal. The O.P. mentioned 7 years old, and I noted on the new Luckystar LSC 301 there is a 7 year warranty sticker. Perhaps the O.P. can contact the authorized Luckystar repair center in his area for a service call to his home. I picked up a red wheel barrow today for my wife to use in her garden, that the store staff seem to enjoy on a Saturday.

post-20604-0-35216200-1406354633_thumb.j

post-20604-0-89325200-1406354651_thumb.j

post-20604-0-24347800-1406354667_thumb.j

• Like 2

Helpful post of the week kamlabob!

I like the implication that your wife does the gardening. Many falangs (like me) buy the house and land, give it away to wifey and still then do the gardening themselvessmile.png

• Like 1

Thank you for the comment SantiSuk. I was never fond of gardening in the USA, and it appears to me my wife is OK with gardening as she grew up in a typical village. She has strong opinions on which gardening tools or garden watering sprinklers make her task easier, so I am happy to find the gardening tools in Buriram she enjoys. Last week I ordered a 2nd gardening work potting bench which will have a nice plywood top surface. Buying a leaf mulcher or garden Shredder was not on my original agenda when moving to Thailand in 2006. A garden mulcher with a Mitsubishi 3hp electric motor can cost what a iPhone or iPad costs, so maybe it was better to buy the garden mulcher shredder and NOT an iPhone or iPad. Gardening and raising fruits and vegetables is one of the better healthy pursuits of a wife in any country in my observation.

post-20604-0-83232100-1406446946_thumb.j

post-20604-0-20278900-1406447007_thumb.j

post-20604-0-91383900-1406447277_thumb.j

post-20604-0-93732000-1406447325_thumb.j

post-20604-0-56843600-1406447615_thumb.j

Kamalabob2, Thanks for taking the time and sending this to me. I resolved the problem and did not need to remove the motor. I also sent an email to the Lucky Star web site. I was surprised when they called me.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1