30 Mbps 799/month, hurry few more days left.

Cobrabiker

I just signed up for a one year contract with True, the deal is 799 per month, and 108 tv channels. It will be at 12mbps after installation, and your first bill will be extra 990 baht for a one time payment plus the usual 799 and they will up your speed to 30 for the rest of the year, however, once your first year is up, speed will be reverted back to 12Mbps, yet still it is a fantastic deal.

Promotion ends July. Btw, it is cable and only for house, not available for condo, call True online if you have further question at 1686

Guess they want to get you spoiled on the 30Mb/3Mb speed and hope after 12 months on 30Mb speed you'll decide to not revert back to the 12Mb speed and instead pay the normal monthly price for the 30Mb speed plan which is a good amount more per month with the TV and cell phone package included...around Bt2,547/mo I guess from their ad.. Ever since True did away with a lot of their English language webpages is harder for a farang to figure out the promotions. But yea, for 12 months you are definitely getting a good deal....go for it. But after the 12 months you might want to seriously consider whether you want to start paying the 30Mb higher price or just let it revert to 12Mb.

I use to be on the True 20Mb/2Mb cable internet plan for Bt1,299/mo but later switched to their 15Mb/1.5Mb plan for Bt699/mo...big price difference and practically no difference in noticeable speed/responsiveness on my day to day interneting to in-Thailand and international servers....and I actually should say "no" noticeable difference unless you would do a speedtest. I have their Platinum cable service on a separate plan. Since True and other Thai ISP throttle their international bandwidth for all speeds (I got the same international speed on the 15Mb plan as the 20Mb plan and from other posters even the 10Mb plans gets the same international speeds as the 30Mb plan), if a person primarily uses their plans to connect to international websites the higher speed plans and their associated costs usually don't give you any increased international speed...just increased domestic speed.

But yea, what you got is definitely a good deal for 12 months and actually a pretty good deal even if reverting to 12Mb speed along with the TV and cell phone service.

But with typical changes 30mb in a year will be similar price to 12mb now.

Just make sure you dont end up paying todays 30mb prices in a years time, would be better to cancel and start fresh unless they switch to current day prices.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

But with typical changes 30mb in a year will be similar price to 12mb now.

Just make sure you dont end up paying todays 30mb prices in a years time, would be better to cancel and start fresh unless they switch to current day prices.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't count on much of a change. Their 20Mb/20Mb cable plan is still Bt1299/mo. Same as it was over 3 years ago when I was on it. Prices of their higher speed plans haven't changed a whole lot. It's the below 20Mb plans that have seen a good amount of price change.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Edited by Pib

They have a 30/3 mb plan? I thought they can't give anything over 18mbit with cable tv due to frequency limitations or something?

I used to be on 20/2 and upgraded to 35/3.5 (40/4 effective, as True always gives %10 extra speed) for 500 baht extra, which was a fair deal.

They have a 30/3 mb plan? I thought they can't give anything over 18mbit with cable tv due to frequency limitations or something?

I used to be on 20/2 and upgraded to 35/3.5 (40/4 effective, as True always gives %10 extra speed) for 500 baht extra, which was a fair deal.

They can go up to 200Mb on True cable now...and I think for some business plans in certain locations they can do 400Mb. Around 3 years ago when they installed cable internet/TV in my moobaan they had 100Mb capability at that time. And about a year later when I was having a upload issue on my 20Mb plan which I had at the time they ran a test from my house using a modem coded for their 100Mb plan and pulled over 104Mb speed to a Bangkok speedtest.net server.

Sent from my Samsung S4

They can go up to 200Mb on True cable now...and I think for some business plans in certain locations they can do 400Mb. Around 3 years ago when they installed cable internet/TV in my moobaan they had 100Mb capability at that time. And about a year later when I was having a upload issue on my 20Mb plan which I had at the time they ran a test from my house using a modem coded for their 100Mb plan and pulled over 104Mb speed to a Bangkok speedtest.net server.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Well max. bundle internet was 18/1.8 with their TV service. I thought they can't give more than that. Otherwise they would add TV service along with every other speed (up to 200mbit)

I signed up for the same deal a couple of months ago and for a while it was not bad, even though about 4mps on average. Now it keeps going off and on, True blame a cut in the cable. At present the speed is even too slow to measure, a lot less than 1mps that's for sure. Good luck. Just can a test to run- 0.11 mbps, not really value for money is it?

Edited by jacky54

I signed up for the same deal a couple of months ago and for a while it was not bad, even though about 4mps on average. Now it keeps going off and on, True blame a cut in the cable. At present the speed is even too slow to measure, a lot less than 1mps that's for sure. Good luck. Just can a test to run- 0.11 mbps, not really value for money is it?

What cable? Copper cable or cut in fiber cable (International connections) ?

Sent from my Samsung S4

Well max. bundle internet was 18/1.8 with their TV service. I thought they can't give more than that. Otherwise they would add TV service along with every other speed (up to 200mbit)

That probably just their bundling promotions...they have so many different promotions going at once....probably just don't' want to bundle the high speed (and pricier) internet plans like 50Mb and up with TV for marketing reasons.....maybe few takers....people instead just get the pricer internet and TV plans separately. I'm totally guessing but I bet 30Mb and up plans have few takers in comparison to all of True customers...but 30Mb does seem to be shifting towards being considered a plan many people should have--or should I say True is trying to convince people of that. Personally, I wouldn't waste my money on high speed plans in Thailand unless you really, really need high speed "in-Thailand" speed for some special purposes (or got a price deal I couldn't refuse), because from the numerous posts/test results by ThaiVisa members with some of these high speed plans their international speed like to the U.S. and Europe are no better, or best case, just a little better than 20Mb and below plans. I sure know when I downgraded from cable 20Mb (Bt1,299/mo) to cable 15Mb (Bt699/mo) I saw no decrease in international speed with my big decrease in monthly plan cost...was still getting speed in that 2 to 6Mb ballpark to the great majority of the international sites and somewhat higher to Singapore using java-based speedtesters. And then True implement "bursting" on cable which basically doubles your download speed for brief periods--longer than the time it takes to run a speed test--I basically pull approx 30Mb "domestic/in-Thailand" download speeds on my 15Mb plan...the bursting even helps with international speeds a little but not much due to the throttling done at the True international gateway. Bursting has no impact on upload speed.

I really don't think there is any speed limitation on having TV and internet coming in on the same cable because I have the Platinum TV package and as I mentioned earlier they did a test in my house one time with a modem coded for 100MB down/10Mb up service and pulled 104Mb/10.4Mb. While doing this my TV was on set to CNN. I really they have plenty of frequency space to run both their Platinum TV package and 200Mb plan with frequency space to spare. Heck, it seems they are adding channels, HD and SD, quite frequently now. Below is a cut and paste showing their 200Mb plan....and before I;m pretty sure I read a news article that True starting offering cable internet speeds up to 400Mb in 2013 for businesses at certain locations.

post-55970-0-71983000-1406367063_thumb.j

My primary reason for 35/3.5 is upload speed.

In village I use TOT and it performs worse than last year. I use my vpn at True online home connection and now I'm getting max. 4mbit speed thanks to high upload speed.

Sometimes TOT is unusable, only way to overcome is Domestic VPN.

If they had some package like 15/5 mbit, I would opt in. Or 20/10 high upload speed home packages...

Nothing to do with the topic. Well, I guess we have all forgot CP Food by now. Not surprised, this is how it works, we’re all upset and demand justice etc. For a week or so, as soon as it is out from the news we forget.

Well, anyway, I have changed from True to TOT because CP Food owns True. TOT works good so far and even if it is a wee bit slower it is worth it.

Nothing to do with the topic. Well, I guess we have all forgot CP Food by now. Not surprised, this is how it works, we’re all upset and demand justice etc. For a week or so, as soon as it is out from the news we forget.

Well, anyway, I have changed from True to TOT because CP Food owns True. TOT works good so far and even if it is a wee bit slower it is worth it.

As much as I hate CP food, I wouldn't act emotionally and trade my better True connection to a far inferior TOT ever.

Perhaps try 3BB or Cat On Net?

And then True implement "bursting" on cable which basically doubles your download speed for brief periods--longer than the time it takes to run a speed test--I basically pull approx 30Mb "domestic/in-Thailand" download speeds on my 15Mb plan...the bursting even helps with international speeds a little but not much due to the throttling done at the True international gateway. Bursting has no impact on upload speed.

Earlier I mentioned "bursting" on True DOCSIS/Cable internet and how it increases your short term download speed. For example I ran a test on the TOT speedtester on this fine Saturday evening at around 7:45pm just to use something other than Speedtest.net and True's speedtester and below are my results...over a 33Mb download speed on my 15Mb/1.5Mb plan.

post-55970-0-67179200-1406378908_thumb.j

And then True implement "bursting" on cable which basically doubles your download speed for brief periods--longer than the time it takes to run a speed test--I basically pull approx 30Mb "domestic/in-Thailand" download speeds on my 15Mb plan...the bursting even helps with international speeds a little but not much due to the throttling done at the True international gateway. Bursting has no impact on upload speed.

Earlier I mentioned "bursting" on True DOCSIS/Cable internet and how it increases your short term download speed. For example I ran a test on the TOT speedtester on this fine Saturday evening at around 7:45pm just to use something other than Speedtest.net and True's speedtester and below are my results...over a 33Mb download speed on my 15Mb/1.5Mb plan.

attachicon.gifcapture.JPG

There is another use of this bursting.

When you download below your max. download speed, it lets you download above for a period of time until your max. average is met.

This way, you can always download at the max speed no matter what.

What cable? Copper cable or cut in fiber cable (International connections) ?

The blamed TOT for cutting the cable they could not say where never mind what type

I was quite interested in the 12mbps for 699 a few months back, since now they are giving 30mbps, I might as well take it. Very fast service, installed 2 days after signing up. TV channels are almost all thai, only a few for english and chinese, but anyway don't need the tv channels, streaming videos are way better.

There is a problem, some of the sites are blocked by True, but it is not consistent, sometimes still able to get true after several attempt, I read that VPN can solve this problem, and also speed up internet speed. Does anyone has any Vpn to recommend?

True has greatly upgraded their system, I am sure there will be more promotion coming.

Bangkok Post : True Online triples broadband speed

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/telecom/413604/true-online-triples-broadband-speed

I just wish they would triple their "international" speed vs just increasing their push to get people on higher speed plans and tempting them with promotions which gives them higher domestic speed for 12 months. Take the throttle off their international gateway. ..buy more international bandwidth.

Sent from my Samsung S4

I just wish they would triple their "international" speed vs just increasing their push to get people on higher speed plans and tempting them with promotions which gives them higher domestic speed for 12 months. Take the throttle off their international gateway. ..buy more international bandwidth.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Some isps already have good international bandwidth, if you are ready to pay a good price.

Sent from my Samsung S4

Some isps already have good international bandwidth, if you are ready to pay a good price.

But I'm not ready to pay triple to quadruple the price per month that some people pay say for an approx 30Mb plan that does give good international bandwidth.

Sent from my Samsung S4

How much for example? :))

Sent from my Samsung S4

I wish they buy bandwidth from He.net in Singapore which is very cheap compared to other providers. But this is Thailand and nothing will improve in our lifetime.

Sent from my Samsung S4

How much for example? smile.png)

shariq607 may have switched plans by now but he use to be on a CAT fiber 25Mb/3Mb plan for Bt8,900/month. In the speed tests he posted he was indeed getting good international speeds on his CAT plan but you pay a high price for that speed especially compared to a standard plan in the 25Mb ballpark which runs around Bt2,500/mo like True ADSL plans 20Mb/5Mb for Bt2,299/mo or 30Mb/5Mb for Bt2,999....or True cable/DOCSIS 20Mb/2Mb plan for Bt1,299/mo.

• Like 1

Sent from my Samsung S4

I wish they buy bandwidth from He.net in Singapore which is very cheap compared to other providers. But this is Thailand and nothing will improve in our lifetime.

H.E is peered, not transit, as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my Samsung S4

H.E is peered, not transit, as far as I'm aware.

As an IP Transit, He.net would choose best route itself and we would not worry about bad routing. They have a global network and low pings.

I use he ipv6 tunnel and its amazing.