Walk In Visa Service, Glasgow

I'm in Glasgow watching the Commonwealth Games, and I see that there is a consulate here -

http://www.thaiconsulscotland.org.uk/visa/

By the looks of it, I can wander in, hand over my cash and docs, then wander out with the tourist visa issued on the same day. So - I've booked a ticket for August 12th to arrive at Swampy - I fancy being one of the first into the country under the new regime. If I get refused it will be something for us to talk about on here - consider it my service to Thaivisa.

Has anyone used this service in Glasgow before?

By the way - flights into Swampy are looking unbelievably cheap on and around the 12th.

August 12 will be a non event day. The new rules are only for out/in visa exempt entries. You will have a tourist visa. Even if you were doing a visa exempt entry you would not have a problem on entry.

• Like 1

Yes I have used the Glasgow Consulate very recently.

I would suggest that you phone the number given on their website as the lady who deals with Visa applications is not in everyday. When I got my Visa I was instructed to hand in the application form, photo's and twenty five pounds per visa entry before 10.30am and return the same day after 2.00pm.

The Consulate is only a small office within a large building and you hand your documents/cash to a receptionist, who then hands them over to the Consulate staff.

• Like 1