importing a Royal Enfield to thailand/ short long term stay

I am interested in doing it in the opposite direction. How much does it cost and is it all inclusive? Do I arrange the Visas? 

its not that easy, we need to hire a myanmar guide, i have a friend there who runs a travel agency, he is organizing all the relevant paperwork. we pay him for this service...we hire the guide for 3 weeks he comes and picks us up at the border and drops us off at the other end... there is no way  (yet) to do it without an (expensive) guide...

we are also organising the relevant permits for the indian side as it requires special permit (Naga land)

the route from KATH to Bang is below, we are still working on the return trip

kathmandu to bardibas nepal 212 barbidas via kakarvitta (308km) to siliguri  nepal 360 siliguri to shillong india 533 Rest Day excursion to Cherrapunji (living bridges) india 52 shillong to imphal india 547 imphal  to tamu india 122 tamu to  kale (kalay) republic of myanmar 128 kale to Monywa republic of myanmar 233 Monywa - Sagaing - Amarapura - Mandalay. republic of myanmar 131 Rest day Mandalay city & Mingun republic of myanmar Mandalay - Myingyan - Bagan republic of myanmar 180 Rest day  Bagan.     Visit Bagan and Afternoon drive to Mt Popa   58 Mt.Popa to Kalaw republic of myanmar 236 Kalaw to inle lake (Nyaungshwe) republic of myanmar 65 Rest Day Inle lake republic of myanmar  inle (Nyaungshwe)to  Loikaw republic of myanmar 160 Loikaw toPinlaung republic of myanmar 88 Pinlaung - Taungoo republic of myanmar 246 Taungoo - Golden rock republic of myanmar 278 Rest day golden rock     Golden rock - Kyikhteesaung - Thathon republic of myanmar 80 Thathon - Hpa an republic of myanmar 53 Hpa an - Kawkareik republic of myanmar 90 Kawkareik - Myawaddy republic of myanmar 62 Myawaddy sukhothai republic of myanmar 178 Rest day sukhothai thailand   sukhothai bangkok thailand 435     4315
  • Like 2

Good idea, good luck man. I rode in India and Nepal too for many months. Great rides and roads in a different universe.

But all I know you cannot pass through Myanmar from India to Thailand.

Is it changed? I hope that!

Yes, you can now. Requires a special permit from the Myanmar government to crossover from Moreh to Tamu.

Wow, that is surprising! from when? It is really goood to know so i can ride my bike from Thailand to India now! thanks for the info.

and, do they give it to everyone? which route are you taking thorough Myanmar?

please give us some more information.

Thansk a lot. exciting news1

Check the details in the Lonely Planet Thorntree Myanmar forum, including a few travel blogs by those who have done it.

• Like 1