Kan Air adds Hua Hin and Ubon Ratchathani services

webfact

Kan Air adds Thailand services
by Wanwisa Ngamsangchaikit

BANGKOK: -- Chiang Mai-based Kan Air will operate direct flights to Ubon Ratchathani and Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan starting 15 August.

The airline uses a Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1 private jet with six seats to serve routes to Ubon and Hua Hin.

Based in Chiang Mai, the airline will launch two flights weekly to Ubon Ratchathani in Northeast Thailand on Fridays and Sundays.

Flight schedule Chiang Mai – Ubon Ratchathani

inside-no-3.12.jpg
*Operates from 15 August onwards

The airline also will operate two flights a week on Fridays and Sundays to serve passenger travel demand between Chiang Mai and Hua Hin in Prachuap Khiri Khan province.

Flight schedule Chiang Mai – Hua Hin

inside-no-3.21.jpg
*Operates from 15 August onwards

The airline sets a one-way fare at THB2,990 including airport taxes and fees for travel from Chiang Mai to Ubon Ratchathani and Hua Hin.

Kan Air is a domestic airline based in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It operates charters and scheduled services in North Thailand from Chiang Mai to Pai, Mae Hong Son, Nan, Phitsanulok and Khon Kaen.

Its fleet is made up of just a single Cessna Grand Caravan C208B aircraft and a Hawker Beechcraft Premier 1.

The small airline is supposed become a joint venture partner with VietJetAir to form a new airline Thai VietJet that will fly from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi Airport) to Chiang Mai and Phuket possibly as early as this September.

Source: http://www.ttrweekly.com/site/2014/07/kan-air-adds-thailand-services/

-- TTRweekly 2014-07-28

• Like 1

Wow that must be the cheapest flight on a biz jet in the world. Very unusual for an airline to use a private jet like that.

Maybe the single prop but I think you're a bit bit naive if you think you are going to get a jet for that ticket price.

The article says a Hawker Premier which is a "cheap" biz jet and Bangkok to Hua Hin is a short distance to fly? No doubt it will clarified soon. I wouldn't be surprised if the Premier was for charter only and they are getting another Caravan.

Don't worry lad if it was true I'd be the first in line. I would suspect they are leasing it or it's just a marketing ploy and if there is demand then for high end customers only due to price.

Sent from my C6833 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I am too old to drive to Bangkok then fly to Chiangmai.(where I used to live) so I shall use this service for a holiday in Chiangmai sometime. At Bt6000 return i'ts not too steep.

I just had a look at their website. The C208 is for scheduled flights and its located at Chiang Mai. The Hawker is for charters, based at Don Muang.

I tried the booking engine for a one-way flight, Hua Hin -> Chiang Mai in September and got a higher price than listed above. 3215 + VAT + taxes = 3490 baht

Still, if you're located in Hua Hin, the 1.5 hour flight to Chiang Mai would be much more convenient than driving or busing to Bangkok and going thru security there.

Presumably the 208 would fly lower than other flights and would make a more interesting flight during clear days.

• Like 1

I just had a look at their website. The C208 is for scheduled flights and its located at Chiang Mai. The Hawker is for charters, based at Don Muang.

That's too bad.  I would have paid the money for a flight just so I could brag about it on Facebook.  Oh well, I guess I will keep buying lottery tickets.

I flew Kan Air once from CM to Pai. It was a delightful flight. Really great little airline. It was not on the small jet though. It was on a nearly new 12 seater, twin engine prop plane. Great little plane. Superb flight. Outstanding pilot and co pilot. I highly recommend this airline. It is a real treat to fly with them. There were only three others on the plane. My only complaint about the flight was that it only took about 21 minutes! Amazing vistas. Look forward to using them again. They seem to serve a number of smaller, regional cities, mostly in the north. 

• Like 1

I tried the booking engine for a one-way flight, Hua Hin -> Chiang Mai in September and got a higher price than listed above. 3215 + VAT + taxes = 3490 baht

Still, if you're located in Hua Hin, the 1.5 hour flight to Chiang Mai would be much more convenient than driving or busing to Bangkok and going thru security there.

Presumably the 208 would fly lower than other flights and would make a more interesting flight during clear days.

That is what I assumed. But, the C208 is a great little prop plane. Super cool flight. I recommend it highly. This airline is sweet.