Possible to sell first car scheme car

Good morning everyone,
My wife bought a First Car Scheme Car in November 2012 (really her first car, so not an aunty car smile.png), which I guess theoretically means it can't be sold until November 2017. Now plans have changed and we are moving overseas. Any chance of being allowed to sell/lease out the car (besides the point that we obviously do not know yet what prices will be offered)? Can we just go back to the government and say, thanks for your previous support, here is your money back (and then get official legal authority to do whatever we want with the car)?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, you can.

Go to the Excise tax dept. (where the original rebate was lodged) and pay them back the rebate amount. Then off to the DLT to get the limitation of transfer removed from the car. Then you can sell it :)

Banks are doing it all the time---- there are many reposed cars at our auctions in Udon, (one of the larger auctions around) I brought a 5 month old Mitsubishi attrage for 280K , there were many older other ones there that would have had the benefit of the subsidy....

Can this be done in a day or will it take a long time?

Find somebody, people your wife knows, or family members or other person, who does not care that he/she drives with your number plates.

Just write and sign a contract and in 2017 make than the official paperwork, keep the Government money.

wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO