Royal Enfield is back

bramds

man, best news of the month for me!!!do you have info about this big motor sale thing? When?

i might buy one bullet 500, 5 speed, twin spark and fuel injection.

In India, a bullet 500 with the same spec i stated is going between 1.4 lakh to 1.6 lakh which is around 75,000 - to 80,000 thb!

so, we have a chance to get it for 150,000 to 160,000 thb in Thailand!!!

Man, hope the dealer will not be greedy as i am OK to pay it around 180 k thb.

C'mon guys, i want this bike!

Great! I might book one bullet soon although price pumped up a bit but that s ok.

I received a Facebook message from them confirming what you say. Indian made bikes, showroom opening 1st of October.

Thanks for the info bramds.

Edited by ll2

I Used to have the Crusader…called it my Royal Oilfield….

Never did manage to cure the crank case leak.

But still, an excellent ride.... Ahhh, those were the days,

16 and not a care in the world.

Have a Nice Day.

I had one of those too, manged to stop the oil leaks for about 200mls one time after a rebuild,

Another problem was every time i took it on a fast ride, over a certain revs it would bend the aluminium push rod tubes.

Have a Nice Day.

I had one of those too, manged to stop the oil leaks for about 200mls one time after a rebuild,

Another problem was every time i took it on a fast ride, over a certain revs it would bend the aluminium push rod tubes.

Nice bike Bullet B5 is! totally imnterested1

now Enfields have less problems than before and no oil leak.

they are build in a modern factor now with some tech like an updated unit construction engine, twin spark (twin spark plug for better and balanced combustion), electronic fuel injection, self start.

i dont expect much problems for these updated models.

post-184955-0-41368500-1406690274_thumb.

post-184955-0-90110200-1406690275_thumb.

post-184955-0-55553000-1406690277_thumb.

Edited by ll2
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately Royal Enfield is not present at the motorshow in BITEC.

The show and demo bikes will only arrive at the end of the month.

So they will start promotional activities next month.

The showroom will open in October in the RCA area.

• Like 1

Have a Nice Day.

I rode one of the successors to that..the Mini Bullet from India to Turkey, Round Turkey several times and then from Turkey to Germany and back. Never had problem with the crankshaft seal but had terrible trouble stoping the inlet manifold leaking. Still wish I had taken it back to Australia instead of donating it to Turkish Customs.

• Like 1

gt is too much for 280 k thb IMO.

Bullet is the waybiggrin.png

Thailand 7000 euros, in my homecountry 6400 euros.

Better than KTM if you ask me.

yes, sure better than KTM - Kunka.

And still these prices are good for Thailand IMO.

Still, these bikes are coming from India not Europe.

keep in mind, a bullet 500 is 80 - 90 k THB in India and 5000 USD in USA. Here it is 233 k thb.

Continental gt is around 100 k THB in India and 6000 USD in USA and here it is 288 k thb.

I dont call these prices a great deal but i want an Enfield Bullet so nothing to do.

aT least, there is a dealer bringing these nice bikes finally. thanks to them.

Is it right the Continental GT will go for around 280,000b ?

Yes, the announced price for the Continental GT is 280,000 baht.

I will definitely be buying the Continental GT bike - looks great, pricing is good.

I have to say that I though the same, it looks great, a true retro ride.

But then I started reading up on the spec.... 28 bhp... Yes I know that power isn't everything and what can you expect from such an old design engine, but really I had expected a bit more than that.

Shame really.

I will definitely be buying the Continental GT bike - looks great, pricing is good.

But then I started reading up on the spec.... 28 bhp... Yes I know that power isn't everything and what can you expect from such an old design engine, but really I had expected a bit more than that.

Shame really.

when i was riding one not a long time ago it was 23 hp, carbed, single spark plug and engine was not a unit construction engine originated from 50 years ago.

so still good, i pray Shiva!

Awesome news, although I doubt I'll be buying anytime soon based on the prices. Obviously in India they're way cheaper, but I guess these prices are about right given the fact that they're imported.

During a 1 month tour of northwest India and Nepal on a 2008 500cc Bullet, me and some friends stopped off at the Jaipur store (which is excellent) and were invited to take a Continental GT out for a test ride. It's a super fun bike and I really liked it, and whilst you'd probably out-gun it with a CBR250, it would be a tidy bike for getting around the city, or for weekend fun rides. Unfortunately I can't stretch to the equivalent of about 7000 EU for one, I just wouldn't ride it enough to make it worthwhile.

Shame really.

Must admit my enthusiasm for the looks and style overshadowed any further reading on specs.

28bhp is low, but I think I'd still buy one.

It just looks so good and reminds me of a Norton or BSA...and I sure can't find one of those...or spend the time keeping it on the road. Just has that throw back style that is reminiscent of the original.

This video shows it in a bit more detail - nice details with tank, filler cap, gauges, seat, pipe, cowling, rear spring...has electric start, but has a kick start as well. Sounds good. No ABS.

Good review highlighting the pro's and cons

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am all for nostalgia, it is great to see someone else riding old school bikes. Not for me though.

Yup, in my opinion these would make great wall hangings and ornaments. For transport, modern technology is available at much cheaper prices.

I am all for nostalgia, it is great to see someone else riding old school bikes. Not for me though.

Yup, in my opinion these would make great wall hangings and ornaments. For transport, modern technology is available at much cheaper prices.

you can make great wall hangings and ornaments with them. and yes modern tech is available for cheap. i know that too!

but i and many prefer to ride them if you excuse us with your great opinion.

Edited by ll2

you can make great wall hangings and ornaments with them. and yes modern tech is available for cheap. i know that too!

but i and many prefer to ride them if you excuse us with your great opinion.

Yes it is a great opinion and no you're not excused. tongue.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

His latest post says GTs are going to be delayed a bit longer.

ทุกอย่างพร้อมแล้วนะครับ ติดเรื่องเอกสารสเปคการตรวจสอบของ GT นิดนึงนะครับ เพราะว่าสเปคมันเกินมา 35cc ซึ่งมันยากต่อการตรวจสอบนิดนึง ใช้เวลาอีกนิด จะต้องทำให้ผ่านให้ได้ ระหว่างนี้อาจจะเริ่มจากการจำหน่ายรุ่นอื่นฯไปก่อนนะครับ รุ่นที่เป็น 500cc ทั้งหมดนะครับ รถสั่งล็อตแรกของรุ่น 500cc ( รถขายนะครับไม่ใช่รถโชว์ ) ได้บรรจุลงตู้พร้อมเดินทางมาไทยวันนี้ครับ