Can I report for 90-days anywhere (overstay issue)

I stupidly just realised that I have missed my 90 day reporting by a month.

I got things confused with my education visa renewal and thought it wasn't due until mid-August.

Anyways, I usually report in Chiang Mai but now I would like to report in Hua Hin where I will be staying (and studying).

Is this okay or do I have to report in Chiang Mai? I do understand if I'm polite and offer no hassle I'll probably get "only" a 2,000 baht fine for forgetting to report.

Late reporting is not an overstay. Overstay is being here without a valid permit to stay.

You can do your report anywhere as long as you have a local address to put on your permit to stay, You may need to prove that address.

But I do not know if they will do it if you are late. All you can do is try and if not do it when you go back to Chiang Mai since you are already late.

I did the same last year, forgot to report 90 days with more then one month, had to pay 2000bht fine in immigration jomtien, pattaya (have retirement visa), normally you can report every immigration office you want, but have to ask to be sure, its still Thailand after all....wai.gif

If you've taken up residence in Hua Hin you should also bear in mind the information posted in another thread:

Hua Hin Immigration is from today also enforcing the requirements that you and your landlord (condominium owner, house owner etc) must report to Immigration within 24 hours of moving in to a new address. On your arrival card you already reported your place of stay, and if that changes you need to visit Immigration and report your new address. This applies to both tourists and expats.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/747147-immigration-foreigners-must-now-carry-valid-id-at-all-times-report-within-24-hours/?utm_source=newsletter-20140729-1734&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=breaking

You might otherwise have a failure to report issue for both the 90 day report and the more current 24 hour report for change of address.

I do understand if I'm polite ...

Why is being polite considered some special tactic? Why would you not be polite?

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Late reporting is not an overstay. Overstay is being here without a valid permit to stay.

You can do your report anywhere as long as you have a local address to put on your permit to stay, You may need to prove that address.

But I do not know if they will do it if you are late. All you can do is try and if not do it when you go back to Chiang Mai since you are already late.

Not correct anylonger.

After the coup the millitary try to make immigration rules the same all over the country ( clap2.gif )

You can now only report back (tm47) in the district where you have a registrated address.

(I got rejected in BKK 3 weeks ago because I an registred as living in udon)

• Like 1

The rule is to report your current address.

That is why many immigration offices allow you to report at their office, if you at that time stay in their area of responsibility and can show some proof of that, like a hotel bill. In that case they would be the right office to report to.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not correct anylonger.

After the coup the millitary try to make immigration rules the same all over the country ( clap2.gif )

You can now only report back (tm47) in the district where you have a registrated address.

clap2.gif  correct answer.

Not correct anylonger.

That's correct and what I've been told when I went for my extesion in Sriracha where I normally go. So I had to go to Pattaya.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE